BREAKING: North Texas athletic department reports 4 active COVID-19 cases, 26 recoveries

Skipper

On 9/21/2020 at 9:42 PM, Skipper said:

The North Texas athletic department announced four active cases of COVID-19 Monday morning in its latest set of testing results, according to a source within the athletic department. The school

View Full Article

You hate the football program and are actively trying to destroy it. Why would you post athletic department news in the football forum if it is not directly related to the football program? Your rag is trash.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 4

9 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

You hate the football program and are actively trying to destroy it. Why would you post athletic department news in the football forum if it is not directly related to the football program? Your rag is trash.

You're giving me flashbacks. When I was editor of the NT Daily in 1989, any time we reported bad news related to UNT football we were told we hated the program and wanted to destroy it. But I loved the Mean Green and so did most of the staff. It wasn't our fault Kansas State ended its 31-game losing streak by playing UNT and their fans tore down their goalposts. We were just the messenger.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, rcade said:

You're giving me flashbacks. When I was editor of the NT Daily in 1989, any time we reported bad news related to UNT football we were told we hated the program and wanted to destroy it. But I loved the Mean Green and so did most of the staff. It wasn't our fault Kansas State ended its 31-game losing streak by playing UNT and their fans tore down their goalposts. We were just the messenger.

I think you of all people should be able to tell the difference in media coverage from 1989 to today.   I bet folks like you (who learned back in the 80's/90's) often shake your head at today's media, both print and tele.

That said, yeah, I don't think NTDaily sports writers (that's who Mr. Rios is) would try to torpedo their source of material.

• Eye Roll 1

12 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

Dammit I hate being wrong.  You'd think I'd get used to it after being wrong so often. *shrug*

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I think you of all people should be able to tell the difference in media coverage from 1989 to today.   I bet folks like you (who learned back in the 80's/90's) often shake your head at today's media, both print and tele.

The biggest problem with today's media compared to the 1980s is that newspaper revenue has collapsed and they can't afford reporters and editors any more. Advertising revenue for all U.S. newspapers was $65 billion in 2000. It's $17 billion today. Out of all the reporters and editors who were at the Star-Telegram when I left in the mid-1990s, I know of only one who is still there: Bud Kennedy.

If anyone else reading this also is a dinosaur who still reads newspapers, SUBSCRIBE! I've got subscriptions to five.