UH Game: Just One Question

UNTLifer

12 minutes ago, AACP6 said:

I believe you but some guys need to stop. I've seen some real ignorance on this board. That's including the rationale on another post suggesting UNT having the same talent as SMU. 

I know, it's like saying a guy could have gone to a P5 or something and chose to stay at Houston for his roommate. LOL. Delusion is strong at the G5 level.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, Monkeypox said:

Uhm, yeah, it did. But I'm guessing you don't know anything about Miami football, other than D'Eriq King goes there now. They needed serious help on the OL, and it's one of the hardest positions to fill. If you can get transfer OL especially, due to the years spent in college Strength and Training programs, all the better. WR are a dime a dozen. So really, it's not just Miami football you don't get. Positional scarcity is a real thing, and WR ain't it. And unless he's an absolute WORLD beater, P5s aren't gonna fall over themselves for a WR or RB. Again, those positions are much easier to recruit and fill. Everybody has 10 on their roster, and you can more easily rely on younger players to play them, unlike QB or OL (or DL, for that matter). These are facts.

Also, him being under-recruited further diminishes your previous point that Corbin was a better get based on his offer lists.  Was he under-recruited, or was he properly recruited and thus Corbin is better based on his offer list? Offer lists also don't mean a whole lot after a few years. Guys are looking at tape and what they're doing at the college level to determine their present value.

As far as Guyton, he left to go play in the NFL. He also proves MY point, since he was recruited to Notre Dame and ended up transferring down. That was NFL level talent, clearly, and he played at UNT. But he FIRST went to Notre Dame. Again, skill positions are out there.

Scarcity? 16 OL on the roster scarce? Or are we talking lack of quality vs number of JAGS.  If we are using the "time spent in college=good quality prospect " then that same logic can be applied to Corbin. Or does that only apply to offensive linemen? Corbin played in every offense under the sun. From a Power Spread to the Bear Raid. He know's more terminology than the average WR and has a complete route tree. He could supplant most WR who are struggling to pick of an offense at a P5. I was arguing Williams was underecruited and coached up. How Corbin was rated out of high school doesn't take away from my arguement in any way. It doesn't lessen his value IOW.

Skill positions are out there but that doesn't definitively say that Corbin wasn't offered or valuable. That's where you keep getting hung up. Skill players can move up or down a level and the fact that spots remain will never change. Your biggest mistake is lumping P5 together and placing them on the same level as each other. Corbin would start at Baylor et al. But they and Miami are not contenders or even P5 CFP contenders. Heck we've had some P5 skill players not make the roster. The  argument that P5s were not interested in Corbin is a total wash. Miami is a piss poor P5 and any player can fill roles when they transfer if the interest is there. 

• Downvote 2

31 minutes ago, Monkeypox said:

I know, it's like saying a guy could have gone to a P5 or something and chose to stay at Houston for his roommate. LOL. Delusion is strong at the G5 level.

Delusion? No that's like thinking that our student athletes might want to finish their degree (like King did), and or stay at UH. It's like thinking that all P5 are equal and wouldn't take a P5 quality prospect from UH. It's like thinking that all G5 are equal like UNT conference USA being on the equal footing as UH and the AAC. We're not on UCFs level right now, and yall aren't on our level. Just like Vandy and Arkansas aren't on LSU's level but there's NOOOOO way Corbin could have been offered by those crappy P5s and said no. Dude you're lost. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

Corbin would start at Baylor, etc. sure. But so would any number of other guys they recruit. Guys who struggle with P5 offenses transfer down and are replaced by younger guys. They had no need for Corbin, which is why he's still stuck at Houston.

Miami gave up 51 sacks. They needed linemen. And yeah, they are in a serious downturn, and not among the P5 elite these days. But still better than Houston in opportunities. If they were a truly elite P5, they wouldn't have needed Houston transfers at all.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, AACP6 said:

Delusion? No that's like thinking that our student athletes might want to finish their degree (like King did), and or stay at UH. It's like thinking that all P5 are equal and wouldn't take a P5 quality prospect from UH. It's like thinking that all G5 are equal like UNT conference USA being on the equal footing as UH and the AAC. We're not on UCFs level right now, and yall aren't on our level. Just like Vandy and Arkansas aren't on LSU's level but there's NOOOOO way Corbin could have been offered by those crappy P5s and said no. Dude you're lost. 

Corbin didn't get any P5 offers in the transfer portal, or he wouldn't still be at Houston. He'd have transferred like the others.

No, we're not on your level or SMU's level just as Arkansas isn't on LSU's level. But Arkansas is a lot closer to LSU (they both matter) than you are to Arkansas (they matter, you don't). And we are a lot closer to you (neither matter) than you are to Arkansas.

That's the reality, no matter how much you guys and SMU want to call yourselves P6. Fight over being the best-smelling dog turd all you want. It is what it is. Nobody cares.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

46 minutes ago, Monkeypox said:

Delusion? No that's like thinking that our student athletes might want to finish their degree (like King did), and or stay at UH. It's like thinking that all P5 are equal and wouldn't take a P5 quality prospect from UH. It's like thinking that all G5 are equal like UNT conference USA being on the equal footing as UH and the AAC. We're not on UCFs level right now, and yall aren't on our level. Just like Vandy and Arkansas aren't on LSU's level but there's NOOOOO way Corbin could have been offered by those crappy P5s and said no. Dude you're lost. This isnt the early 2000s man. Miami is not THAT program at the moment. They're right there with Kentucky and Iowa State as far as success. 

• Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Monkeypox said:

Corbin didn't get any P5 offers in the transfer portal, or he wouldn't still be at Houston. He'd have transferred like the others.

No, we're not on your level or SMU's level just as Arkansas isn't on LSU's level. But Arkansas is a lot closer to LSU (they both matter) than you are to Arkansas (they matter, you don't). And we are a lot closer to you (neither matter) than you are to Arkansas.

That's the reality, no matter how much you guys and SMU want to call yourselves P6. Fight over being the best-smelling dog turd all you want. It is what it is. Nobody cares.

Imagine spending an entire argument trying to devalue a player of another team instead of having a civil football conversation. Yea you have it all figured out. You didnt even know who Corbin was until the redshirt controversy yet you know exactly what went down. Lol they matter? We don't? Uh oh. Somebody is getting mad. The name calling is coming out. Somebody is big mad. Arkansas is so crappy they lost to UNT. Then UNT thought they'd beat us because they beat a P5. 💀The only thing that matters in arkansas in the P5 tag and that can't even save them. Let that sink in. Down votes are welcomed. I enjoy most posters on this board but there are some little brother syndrome guys such as yourself. 😁 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

3 minutes ago, AACP6 said:

Imagine spending an entire argument trying to devalue a player of another team instead of having a civil football conversation. Yea you have it all figured out. You didnt even know who Corbin was until the redshirt controversy yet you know exactly what went down. Lol they matter? We don't? Uh oh. Somebody is getting mad. The name calling is coming out. Somebody is big mad. Arkansas is so crappy they lost to UNT. Then UNT thought they'd beat us because they beat a P5. 💀The only thing that matters in arkansas in the P5 tag and that can't even save them. Let that sink in. Down votes are welcomed. I enjoy most posters on this board but there are some little brother syndrome guys such as yourself. 😁 

You seem to be the one getting mad and name calling. I'm not devaluing any players. I'm simply telling you what reality is.

If Corbin had the value you think he does, someone would've offered him.

And I'm basing it a lot on position value, not even the player himself. A senior WR just isn't that important as a transfer.

Edited by Monkeypox
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, AACP6 said:

And yeah, Arkansas is terrible and lost to us. That's the point. Nobody's like "Houston is terrible" if y'all lose to us, because nobody even pays attention but Houston and UNT fans.

As far as little brother syndrome, I'm not on the Houston board. Maybe you need to ask yourself why it is that Houston and SMU fans care so much about UNT.

• RV 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Monkeypox said:

You seem to be the one getting mad and name calling. I'm not devaluing any players. I'm simply telling you what reality is.

If Corbin had the value you think he does, someone would've offered him.

And I'm basing it a lot on position value, not even the player himself. A senior WR just isn't that important as a transfer.

Other than the fact he's still here what proof do you have he wasn't offered? Legitimate proof. Let's see it. Your own logic/opinion is not a fact. Give us the facts guy. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

• Harry locked this topic