UH Fans: We’re lucky that UNT is horrible

meangreen11

HBU ran up almost 600 yards of offense on them and would have won had they not missed so many 4th and goals and field goals.

SMU bullied them and easily ran up 60+. SMU had over 700 yard of total offense and their running rushed for about 250 yards and a few touchdowns. Buechele threw for almost 350 yards and a few TDs.

UNT’s defensive line was one of the worst I’ve seen this season and their quarterbacks literally lob the passes in the air.

Expect to win big next Saturday and our guys finally get some live reps against a tune-up (no pun intended) opponent.

I’m admittedly concerned about rust that typically comes on the 1st game so in a way, I’m glad it’s coming against UNT and not a stronger opponent.

Edited by meangreen11
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

I guess you haven’t seen any clips from Saturday, then?

I do think UH should win and possibly even comfortably. But you never know.  UH choked big time at the TDECU opener, getting dominated as a 3 TD favorite.  There have been others like that. 

Throw in a 4-8 season last year and playing no games this year, who knows what will happen.  Does UNT having played 2 games vs 0 for UH overcome any talent/coaching/scheme differential?

We just don't have any idea what UH will look like this year.

• Upvote 1

So Seth sez the team both offensively and defensively were timid. Interesting choice of words.

How do you become UN-timid in a week. Not to get my hopes up but there maybe a little motivation for SL team...   prove the doubters wrong and get your shit together and surprise a team that's yet to play a down this year.

Post Script....timid is a reflection of leadership felt by the players who act out what they they feel and see.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2