My email to Seth and Wren!

UNT78

On 9/20/2020 at 10:55 PM, peanuts104 said:

We tried the defense wins championship thing. It was called the Dan McCarney Era and it sucked except for one season.

Dan McCarney failed because he didn’t have a competent quarterback or quarterback coach after DT graduated. The defense was still good in 2014 until they just got beat down by our offense’s turnovers and 3-and-outs.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Dan McCarney failed because he didn’t have a competent quarterback or quarterback coach after DT graduated. The defense was still good in 2014 until they just got beat down by our offense’s turnovers and 3-and-outs.

That was the saddest thing to watch.  Go back and watch that UT game in 2014 and you will see the D slowly becoming dejected knowing that while they were making plays that the offense was so atrocious (mainly QB) that what was the point of continuing??

20 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

So we're making excuses for the Dan Mac era now? I agree, defensively the 2014 season wasn't bad. As bad as the QB play was I was surprised we even were competitive in most those games. That doesn't excuse being blown out by Portland State the next year. And if this year goes like 2015 did then yes we need a change, but people saying the sky is falling after two games need to chill out. I went into this season expecting the defense to be in a rebuilding year and knew they were handicapped severely by having to work with new staff and having no spring ball and limited fall ball.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, peanuts104 said:

So we're making excuses for the Dan Mac era now? I agree, defensively the 2014 season wasn't bad. As bad as the QB play was I was surprised we even were competitive in most those games. That doesn't excuse being blown out by Portland State the next year. And if this year goes like 2015 did then yes we need a change, but people saying the sky is falling after two games need to chill out. I went into this season expecting the defense to be in a rebuilding year and knew they were handicapped severely by having to work with new staff and having no spring ball and limited fall ball.

Oh I’m not making excuses for him at all. That was 100% on him and it cost him his job. Deservedly so.

You can call me a Todd Dodge apologist if you want and that would be fair to say about me but not so with Mac. Mac was a seasoned coach and knew damn well his adopted son would not have stepped foot on the field at any other program in the FBS. He killed his own career.

1 hour ago, All About UNT said:

That was the saddest thing to watch.  Go back and watch that UT game in 2014 and you will see the D slowly becoming dejected knowing that while they were making plays that the offense was so atrocious (mainly QB) that what was the point of continuing??

Oh it replays in my mind often. I was there and the defense held the Longhorns pretty well.  The offense made me want to throw up. I’m convinced the 2013 team would’ve beaten that 2014 Longhorn team.

1 hour ago, peanuts104 said:

Nobody is making excuses for him. He was an old coach and once the talent from Dodge’s leftovers all left, he was done. But 2013 was a solid year around here. It’s very probable it was the best team we have fielded around here since Fry left.

On 9/20/2020 at 9:45 AM, Cr1028 said:

Get ready to write the same email next week unless we have a fortunately timed Covid cancellation.

TCU knows that SMU would’ve been a challenge and they had little benefit to playing them. Same with Baylor and LaTech/UH. They saw what happened to Iowa State and Kansas against the Belt and they didn’t want to risk it. Just put it on the shelf for Big 12 play. Don’t you find it strange that nobody happens to have Covid cancellations when they are facing a FCS program or a UTEP caliber program? It’s the damnedest thing.

Well well well

• Haha 2