Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

My email to Seth and Wren!


Recommended Posts

Here is my idea....Don’t send an email. Get the letter together and get lots of people to sign it. Strength in numbers. Need at least 1,000 people to sign it.  Get people to sign while tailgating.  Then, send it overnight and make sure they sign for it. Then monitor the latter. Let me know when to sign!

As an example, USM fired/let go their coach and then they won!

Just my 2 cents !  GMG!

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Men!   First, long time supporter…Both of you have this coming, the buck stops with you! National TV, we looked like a high school team; do we ever practice tackling? I can’t believe the tal

As a new fan, it is clear the culture of this program is complete shit.    It may seem like a little thing, but in my 40 plus years of watching football, I can't remember ever seeing a team celebrate

Unless your name is on a building somewhere at UNT that letter will probably be filed in the circular file immediately. 🚮 They don't care.

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

I don’t care how good the offense is, they can’t and won’t overcome a defense that gives up 635 yards a game and 48pts per game.

It’s a chicken-or-egg problem. Our inept offense hurries up, leading to quick three and outs, which puts more pressure on our inept defense. SLOW. DOWN. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, TCC Mean Green said:

Here is my idea....Don’t send an email. Get the letter together and get lots of people to sign it. Strength in numbers. Need at least 1,000 people to sign it.  Get people to sign while tailgating.  Then, send it overnight and make sure they sign for it. Then monitor the latter. Let me know when to sign!

As an example, USM fired/let go their coach and then they won!

Just my 2 cents !  GMG!

 

Maybe not the best example.

839CE20C-9CB7-4308-B6BF-2CA2BEEA7EFE.png

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

So you think TCU scheduled SMU (as a makeup game that didn’t exist before this season), saw them barely squeak by Texas State, and got scared?  
 

My lord people, SMU is not a quality program...we just make them look like it every time.  

Are you saying that the Iron Skillet was not scheduled to be played this year? SMU has plenty of p5 level players on their roster, especially at the skill positions. Buechele is one of the best quarterbacks in the country not named Fields or Lawrence.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I'm tired of hearing is what a great motivator Littrell is. I'm glad I don't have to watch Beyond the Green and see the same pre game speech from him...the same halftime speech. The sideline reporter yesterday talked about Littrell's "quiet intensity....wow I want to run through a wall." She was so impressed with him. But it comes off as disingenuous... 

It obviously doesn't work. It seems superficial and the players don't respond in big games because there is a 100% track record of NEVER coming out prepared to play. He's basically blowing hot air and it's going in one ear and out the other.

He "looks" like he should be a motivator but the results say he's not.

 

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Also....I usually try not to be too tough on the players unless they have a bad attitude or act selfish....but I've seen it said several times how "soft" they looked yesterday....

I have never watched a football game and thought: "it's almost as if they don't want to tackle....they literally looked scared to make contact" until yesterday.

We supposedly have this "tough" head coach...well it's not translating to the players.

 

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Are you saying that the Iron Skillet was not scheduled to be played this year? SMU has plenty of p5 level players on their roster, especially at the skill positions. Buechele is one of the best quarterbacks in the country not named Fields or Lawrence.

That is exactly what I am saying.  Notice that SMU was not originally on this schedule as of August 12 of this year.  

https://gofrogs.com/news/2020/8/12/revised-football-schedule-announced.aspx

  • Skeptical Eagle 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, wardly said:

Since my freshman year of 1961 I have seen 12 coaching changes, only 22 of 59 winning seasons, and been to 10 bowl games with 2 wins. This team is about as bad as it gets, and after this season I am probably done.

You know the apologists around this program don't believe fans like you will actually walk away.

You are a long time fan, and I hope you don't leave. We need you. I hope you consider staying and focusing your frustrations into pushing for a meaningful coaching change.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, emmitt01 said:

That is exactly what I am saying.  Notice that SMU was not originally on this schedule as of August 12 of this year.  

https://gofrogs.com/news/2020/8/12/revised-football-schedule-announced.aspx

I see the confusion now. They were scheduled but the big 12 covid schedule revision killled the game and then SMU made a last ditch effort to revive it. TCU wanted no part.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/smu-mustangs/2020/08/05/smu-and-tcu-wont-play-for-the-iron-skillet-in-2020-but-it-wasnt-for-a-lack-of-trying-on-smus-end/

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Side Show Joe said:

You know the apologists around this program don't believe fans like you will actually walk away.

You are a long time fan, and I hope you don't leave. We need you. I hope you consider staying and focusing your frustrations into pushing for a meaningful coaching change.

Our coaching changes don't seem to transfer to the bottom line. We just must recruit much better. I saw a blurp where we beat out someone like Texas State for a recruit. We need to beat out some one like Texas Tech . Look where SMU was a few seasons ago and where they are now. We beat them so bad two year ago that their coach quit after the game. I can't believe what a great job Dykes has done compared to Littrell. Makes me sick.

  • Upvote 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I see the confusion now. They were scheduled but the big 12 covid schedule revision killled the game and then SMU made a last ditch effort to revive it. TCU wanted no part.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/smu-mustangs/2020/08/05/smu-and-tcu-wont-play-for-the-iron-skillet-in-2020-but-it-wasnt-for-a-lack-of-trying-on-smus-end/

TCU very much wanted to play the game until COVID happened.  Notice that the SMU-TCU game was scheduled for Sept 11...the replacement for the Tennessee Tech game that was originally scheduled on Sept 12 (until the Ohio Valley cancelled all Fall sports).  
 

TCU made multiple attempts to get the game played...changing it to a home game after Big XII rules came down, and then trying to reschedule by using it as a replacement for their Tennessee Tech game when that date opened up.  
 

The bottom line...SMU is not some juggernaut that anybody is dodging.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Side Show Joe said:

You know the apologists around this program don't believe fans like you will actually walk away.

You are a long time fan, and I hope you don't leave. We need you. I hope you consider staying and focusing your frustrations into pushing for a meaningful coaching change.

We need every person we can to turn around this program. I don’t know what I can do but I’m ready to do something to end this garbage

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wardly said:

Our coaching changes don't seem to transfer to the bottom line. We just must recruit much better. I saw a blurp where we beat out someone like Texas State for a recruit. We need to beat out some one like Texas Tech . Look where SMU was a few seasons ago and where they are now. We beat them so bad two year ago that their coach quit after the game. I can't believe what a great job Dykes has done compared to Littrell. Makes me sick.

This. Every bit this...

SMU is where they are because they have $$$ and their monied alumni AND their administration walk the walk with funding the thing. When and if Dykes starts to suck there or he leaves, they will put up the cash to get a solid name out there. Whether that guy works or if the guy can sustain it are different arguments, but cash opens doors. And it keeps media outlets interested in how they do.

What we have is the opposite. We have a large student body and alumni base that frankly doesn’t care or absolutely loathes football here. The 2% that do care and support the program are doing it for love of their school, but the top administration will never pay a head coach more than SMU or UH will, just because of their TV money and their alumni giving. So if you cannot either recruit highly and develop kids OR get those recruits to eventually transfer to you like SMU has now done, you’re not gonna compete—and we haven’t even shown them a game in this series since 2015, save for 2018’s asskicking we gave them  when they had both a new coach and a bad QB. And UH is even worse For us when compared to them. 
 

People here are dying to be a winner, to tell their buddies that UNT matters in football against actual old SWC teams, hell, even tell other UNT alumni that we matter. But the history speaks for itself. You gotta infuse this thing with double the money you are now to compete with AAC teams—and that’s no guarantee it will work. Which is why it won’t happen here anytime soon. We operate on known costs, not opportunity costs. 

  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • RV 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, UNT78 said:

Men!

 

First, long time supporter…Both of you have this coming, the buck stops with you! National TV, we looked like a high school team; do we ever practice tackling? I can’t believe the talent level was that much better than what we had on the field, but SMU came out to play; much more physical and was ready. This is my point, we were embarrassed as a team and program on national TV; a lot of people have stepped up and contributed to this program, they deserve better! Quarterback? My god, Jason Bean cannot throw the ball accurately enough to sustain success on the field, just go with Austin and hope for the best!  Defense (wins championships), way too slow up front, way too slow at the corner position; recruit, recruit, recruit those positions! If I ran my business the way we played last night, I’d be out of business! My two cents!

 

I was with you until you disparaged only 1 kid. (85 on scholarship) He also does not play defense. 

  • Upvote 4
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wardly said:

Our coaching changes don't seem to transfer to the bottom line. We just must recruit much better. I saw a blurp where we beat out someone like Texas State for a recruit. We need to beat out some one like Texas Tech . Look where SMU was a few seasons ago and where they are now. We beat them so bad two year ago that their coach quit after the game. I can't believe what a great job Dykes has done compared to Littrell. Makes me sick.

And, Dykes has done it in less time, but some don't want that pointed out either.

  • Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MeanGreen2019 said:

We need every person we can to turn around this program. I don’t know what I can do but I’m ready to do something to end this garbage

Students on campus have a larger voice than they realize. If a large group of them throw a fit and demand Smatresk do something, things are more likely to get done. If they make a public spectacle for the local news, than the odds go up.

The average season ticket holder has a little voice too. No where near as much as the big money donors, but the athletic department needs the revenue from all of our fan base. There were few fans at the game by halftime. Everyone that cares about this program needs to continue going to the games and express your displeasure to our leadership when given the opportunity.

Here is a thread you might like to read....

https://www.csnbbs.com/thread-907190.html

Edited by Side Show Joe
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

One thing I'm tired of hearing is what a great motivator Littrell is. I'm glad I don't have to watch Beyond the Green and see the same pre game speech from him...the same halftime speech. The sideline reporter yesterday talked about Littrell's "quiet intensity....wow I want to run through a wall." She was so impressed with him. But it comes off as disingenuous... 

It obviously doesn't work. It seems superficial and the players don't respond in big games because there is a 100% track record of NEVER coming out prepared to play. He's basically blowing hot air and it's going in one ear and out the other.

He "looks" like he should be a motivator but the results say he's not.

 

Quiet intensity is good in theory, but it only works if the coach has the ability to really lay in to players when the time is appropriate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, UNT78 said:

Men!

 

First, long time supporter…Both of you have this coming, the buck stops with you! National TV, we looked like a high school team; do we ever practice tackling? I can’t believe the talent level was that much better than what we had on the field, but SMU came out to play; much more physical and was ready. This is my point, we were embarrassed as a team and program on national TV; a lot of people have stepped up and contributed to this program, they deserve better! Quarterback? My god, Jason Bean cannot throw the ball accurately enough to sustain success on the field, just go with Austin and hope for the best!  Defense (wins championships), way too slow up front, way too slow at the corner position; recruit, recruit, recruit those positions! If I ran my business the way we played last night, I’d be out of business! My two cents!

 

We tried the defense wins championship thing. It was called the Dan McCarney Era and it sucked except for one season.

  • Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Coach  Dan McCarney was BURNED OUT and just plain quit . We all watched as the  on-field game performance and locker room management deteriorated in an ugly way.  Many  felt that RV was ignoring us fans and the ongoing flame out.

So the question:    Is Littrell burned out on UNT ?    Does Wren care  ?

I only present this because Saturday’s  SMU/UNT game had no resemblance to Littrell’s positive beginning in Denton and on top of  last year’s disappointing season. It depresses me to think the AD may have lost his commitment as well.

 

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, cogido said:

So the question:    Is Littrell burned out on UNT ?    Does Wren care  ?

I only present this because Saturday’s  SMU/UNT game had no resemblance to Littrell’s positive beginning in Denton and on top of  last year’s disappointing season. It depresses me to think the AD may have lost his commitment as well.

 

 

I didn't see any quit in the offense in the game. I did see an outmatched defense, mostly considering personnel losses.  Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.

  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
  • RV 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, cogido said:

Coach  Dan McCarney was BURNED OUT and just plain quit . We all watched as the  on-field game performance and locker room management deteriorated in an ugly way.  Many  felt that RV was ignoring us fans and the ongoing flame out.

So the question:    Is Littrell burned out on UNT ?    Does Wren care  ?

I only present this because Saturday’s  SMU/UNT game had no resemblance to Littrell’s positive beginning in Denton and on top of  last year’s disappointing season. It depresses me to think the AD may have lost his commitment as well.

 

 

SL hasn’t quit on UNT. SMU is just that much better than us right now. When they have a great passing game, this series has been like this. From Courtland Sutton owning us to Shane Buechele torching us, our defense has looked like a Dodge outfit. But again, that’s what Leach and his disciples care about at this level—scoring offense. Defense barely matters. They don’t hit it hard in practice, they give it a few crumbs at most on a weekly basis. Leach, Briles, Kingsbury, and SL have all been basically the same for decades now. It’s just their philosophy.

The pendulum has swung to full bore offense from our head coach. He will get fired and we will hire someone known for grinding things out and focusing on defense and go full bore the other way and fire him to come back to TD/SL types again. It’s pick your poison for fans when the pendulum gets too far out. You get what we see now, where our defense is a matador, to seeing handoffs and draws on 3rd down and 10, just to not turn it over and get a tired defense on the field, ala Dickey/DMac.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

First two series of downs we run the ball, Seth said, he was going to run the ball in his press conference...SMU had 8 in the box every play in the first series. You think "Gram Harrell" would have run the ball??? Now, Seth had 4 years to find another Mason Fine so he could run this offense and 4 years to find corners like we had when Gram was here. The Houston coach said, Seth was a "meat head" in the weight room in college. Maybe, less time in the weight room, more time coaching!

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, wardly said:

Our coaching changes don't seem to transfer to the bottom line. We just must recruit much better. I saw a blurp where we beat out someone like Texas State for a recruit. We need to beat out some one like Texas Tech . Look where SMU was a few seasons ago and where they are now. We beat them so bad two year ago that their coach quit after the game. I can't believe what a great job Dykes has done compared to Littrell. Makes me sick.

Except for the coach that was being honored/remembered Saturday........Hayden Fry!  He came in after our 1-10 year in 1972 (and a subsequent non-binding student referendum to end football that barely failed) and went 5-5-1 and tied for the MVC championship. How's that for a Sonny Dykes-like turnaround. By the time he left he had the best six year record (40-23-3) of any coach since the first six years of the Odus Mitchell era (46-19-2).  AND he took a highly recruited running back (I can't remember his name, but he wore #42)  away from Texas A&M. 

Hayden Fry correctly evaluated the problem at North Texas...........OUR CULTURE. That's why he changed the shade of green, gave us a distinctive logo, and emphasized "Mean Green".  He was changing all the old LOSING symbols of our athletic program. If he  hadn't taken it upon himself to change that as well as our W/L record, no telling what his win/loss record would have been. 

But after Hayden Fry left, with the exception of Corkey Nelson, our administration has done a SHIT JOB of hiring coaches for the football program.........one of which was done by a faculty committee!!! Good God! how pathetic is that?

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

I didn't see any quit in the offense in the game. I did see an outmatched defense, mostly considering personnel losses.  Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.

Peanuts104:  I respect your criticism of my “opinion”.  My thoughts are just the take’em or leave’em type from a long time NT supporter who thought Odus Mitchell was a pretty cool guy to bs with on the practice field.  But that’s just my opinion too. I never feel too bad about opinions.  Go Mean Green - See you at Apogee !

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2020 at 9:47 AM, UNTAlabama said:

As a new fan, it is clear the culture of this program is complete shit.    It may seem like a little thing, but in my 40 plus years of watching football, I can't remember ever seeing a team celebrate like they did after scoring and still being down 35 points.  Dancing around, pre planned handshakes and practiced chest bumps etc.   That is a massive indicator that there are serious problems with this program.   Ive seen bad stuff, but that stood out to me like nothing I can remember.   This program is going nowhere with the kind of leadership that not only allows that to happen, but has guys who's heads are all screwed up to think thats ok.    A real disgrace, and totally classless and disrespectful to the fans

I will take this over guys not showing up to practice (Todd Dodge) or players being arrested for stupid stuff (Dan McCarney). 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.