My email to Seth and Wren!

UNT78

Men!

First, long time supporter…Both of you have this coming, the buck stops with you! National TV, we looked like a high school team; do we ever practice tackling? I can’t believe the talent level was that much better than what we had on the field, but SMU came out to play; much more physical and was ready. This is my point, we were embarrassed as a team and program on national TV; a lot of people have stepped up and contributed to this program, they deserve better! Quarterback? My god, Jason Bean cannot throw the ball accurately enough to sustain success on the field, just go with Austin and hope for the best!  Defense (wins championships), way too slow up front, way too slow at the corner position; recruit, recruit, recruit those positions! If I ran my business the way we played last night, I’d be out of business! My two cents!

• Upvote 7
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 1
  • RV 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 9
  • Downvote 8

Get ready to write the same email next week unless we have a fortunately timed Covid cancellation.

TCU knows that SMU would’ve been a challenge and they had little benefit to playing them. Same with Baylor and LaTech/UH. They saw what happened to Iowa State and Kansas against the Belt and they didn’t want to risk it. Just put it on the shelf for Big 12 play. Don’t you find it strange that nobody happens to have Covid cancellations when they are facing a FCS program or a UTEP caliber program? It’s the damnedest thing.

• Upvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, UNTAlabama said:

As a new fan, it is clear the culture of this program is complete shit.    It may seem like a little thing, but in my 40 plus years of watching football, I can't remember ever seeing a team celebrate like they did after scoring and still being down 35 points.  Dancing around, pre planned handshakes and practiced chest bumps etc.   That is a massive indicator that there are serious problems with this program.   Ive seen bad stuff, but that stood out to me like nothing I can remember.   This program is going nowhere with the kind of leadership that not only allows that to happen, but has guys who's heads are all screwed up to think thats ok.    A real disgrace, and totally classless and disrespectful to the fans

Oh yeah I completely agree. The main person to blame for that is Seth. No leadership whatsoever, and when the fans yell at the players to stop playing around we get a response like “I thought you supported us” BS!!! 
Like of course they need to have fun, but not when we are getting our butt  handed to us 

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 4

38 minutes ago, UNTAlabama said:

As a new fan, it is clear the culture of this program is complete shit.    It may seem like a little thing, but in my 40 plus years of watching football, I can't remember ever seeing a team celebrate like they did after scoring and still being down 35 points.  Dancing around, pre planned handshakes and practiced chest bumps etc.   That is a massive indicator that there are serious problems with this program.   Ive seen bad stuff, but that stood out to me like nothing I can remember.   This program is going nowhere with the kind of leadership that not only allows that to happen, but has guys who's heads are all screwed up to think thats ok.    A real disgrace, and totally classless and disrespectful to the fans

Since my freshman year of 1961 I have seen 12 coaching changes, only 22 of 59 winning seasons, and been to 10 bowl games with 2 wins. This team is about as bad as it gets, and after this season I am probably done.

• Upvote 3
  • RV 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 6

23 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

My lord people, SMU is not a quality program...we just make them look like it every time.  

I really respect Emmitt's passion and feelings towards SMU but if we continue down the "they are not a quality program" route then we must say we are a really bad program. Time after time to see the same results is not a coincidence. In game where we have a chance to "step up" we have had our asses handed to us (last year SMU, Houston, La Tech, USM) and looked like a lower level program. With resources that have been added to the program the past few years we have completely underachieved. We continue to miss out on players and wonder why would they go to "X" when UNT has what we have. 

• Upvote 5

25 minutes ago, wardly said:

Since my freshman year of 1961 I have seen 12 coaching changes, only 22 of 59 winning seasons, and been to 10 bowl games with 2 wins. This team is about as bad as it gets, and after this season I am probably done.

When you have a program that puts coaches in the HOF with records with like DD's (Dickey finished his career with a record of 42-64) it says a lot about the culture and expectations of your program. I guess the great mystery of "Why not North Texas" continues to be an unknown. 

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I really respect Emmitt's passion and feelings towards SMU but if we continue down the "they are not a quality program" route then we must say we are a really bad program. Time after time to see the same results is not a coincidence. In game where we have a chance to "step up" we have had our asses handed to us (last year SMU, Houston, La Tech, USM) and looked like a lower level program. With resources that have been added to the program the past few years we have completely underachieved. We continue to miss out on players and wonder why would they go to "X" when UNT has what we have. 

We are a bad program. SMU will not be what they were last year. Their rent a players in large part are gone. They will be decent at best but they will be competed with and will lose to the likes of Tulane, Navy, UH, Cincy, etc. It's not that they are that good, but we are in fact that bad. After watching USM vs LaTech last night, might as well chalk those up as L's while we're at it. And if we made Buchele look like ATL Mike Vick, UTSA QB is going to jog all over and around us. 

I just don't see an alley for us to compete...In our coach's 5th year while he's getting top tier CUSA money. It's so disheartening the only thing there is to do is laugh and stop paying attention. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2

3 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

We are a bad program. SMU will not be what they were last year. Their rent a players in large part are gone. They will be decent at best but they will be competed with and will lose to the likes of Tulane, Navy, UH, Cincy, etc. It's not that they are that good, but we are in fact that bad. After watching USM vs LaTech last night, might as well chalk those up as L's while we're at it. And if we made Buchele look like ATL Mike Vick, UTSA QB is going to jog all over and around us. 

I just don't see an alley for us to compete...In our coach's 5th year while he's getting top tier CUSA money. It's so disheartening the only thing there is to do is laugh and stop paying attention. 

More and more programs are doing this and having success. In the past couple of weeks watching different games (example Liberty's QB transfer for Auburn yesterday) and hear "transfer from ..." time and time again. We need to do something different so we get out of the #Hit6 is a "good thing" mentality. I wish we could build a solid foundation like La Tech, but we have not had luck for years. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UNTAlabama said:

Everybody has their own buttons but personally I’m more bothered that we can’t rush the passer, make plays on defense, our OL isn’t great, don’t have a QB, and don’t seem to have leadership from the players like we’ve had in the past. But that’s me. 

• Upvote 2

Of course the actual play is whats important, but its all connected.  You want guys that are hungry to win, and hate to lose.  Those guys practice harder, and take the game more seriously, live their life to be the best.  These guys show themselves with this behavior.  They don't care.  A little self highlight is more than enough to be thrilled about.     I would have suspended guys for behaving like that.   It bothers me when fans of programs accept a crappy program by saying "its who we are".  Its bullshit, because you see all over the country teams do better with less resources 

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

More and more programs are doing this and having success. In the past couple of weeks watching different games (example Liberty's QB transfer for Auburn yesterday) and hear "transfer from ..." time and time again. We need to do something different so we get out of the #Hit6 is a "good thing" mentality. I wish we could build a solid foundation like La Tech, but we have not had luck for years. 

I'm all for getting the best possible players on your roster in any and every legal way. Smart coaches around the country pour resources into doing just that... We sort of don't. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, UNTAlabama said:

Of course the actual play is whats important, but its all connected.  You want guys that are hungry to win, and hate to lose.  Those guys practice harder, and take the game more seriously, live their life to be the best.  These guys show themselves with this behavior.  They don't care.  A little self highlight is more than enough to be thrilled about.     I would have suspended guys for behaving like that.   It bothers me when fans of programs accept a crappy program by saying "its who we are".  Its bullshit, because you see all over the country teams do better with less resources 

I'm with ya 110%. Antics like that start at the top. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

30 minutes ago, meanrob said:

Everybody has their own buttons but personally I’m more bothered that we can’t rush the passer, make plays on defense, our OL isn’t great, don’t have a QB, and don’t seem to have leadership from the players like we’ve had in the past. But that’s me. 

That's all?

• Upvote 3

59 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

We are a bad program. SMU will not be what they were last year. Their rent a players in large part are gone. They will be decent at best but they will be competed with and will lose to the likes of Tulane, Navy, UH, Cincy, etc. It's not that they are that good, but we are in fact that bad. 

SMU still has their entire starting OL and Buechele back from last year, plus a couple more transfer skill players. I think they’ll be about what they were last year. That doesn’t mean they are some amazing program. They just always have a couple of NFL caliber players who take us to the woodshed. 

But overall, yes, SMU is not that good and that means we ARE that bad. It’s not like they’re Texas or OU or Alabama. But for us they might as well be. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, meanrob said:

Yeah this board is full of people accepting what happened last night. 

It bothers me when some Johnny-come-lately blames the fans for what happens on the field. They don’t seem to be the ones that stick around very long   

Feel free to fix everything that ails the program, I’ll wait.  

good idea yes GIF by Robert E Blackmon

• Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, meanrob said:

Yeah this board is full of people accepting what happened last night. 

It bothers me when some Johnny-come-lately blames the fans for what happens on the field. They don’t seem to be the ones that stick around very long   

Feel free to fix everything that ails the program, I’ll wait.  

Mr Krabs and Patrick Fight 20092020125112.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Eye Roll 2

11 minutes ago, UNTAlabama said:

I don't see much outrage at all.  That is extremely weak.   

How many threads do we need on here calling for a buyout before we reach this bar you’ve set?

For the record, I’m with you...and I think most on here are.  We’ve seen teams like this here from 2007-2008 and 2015.  We’re probably the worst team in the country.  You can pick out any number of problems but it started unraveling back in November 2018.  Last year was a disaster after Littrell left, but didn’t.  Then he fires both coordinators over the offseason and overpays to hire the demoted ex-DC from Kansas. Kansas’ DC!!!  We’ve seen this before when Mac hired Cosh.

I don’t care how good the offense is, they can’t and won’t overcome a defense that gives up 635 yards a game and 48pts per game.

It is not like we haven’t seen this before...and that’s why it should be easier for us to recognize it for what it is and make the necessary changes.  Pull the plug.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1