New Week , New Game

southsideguy

20 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

If Davis & Davis are back, hopefully we'll play a little better.   If no, it's going to look about the exact same as Saturday.

If it's Covid related, and they were not pulled until Friday or Saturday for it, there's no way they're back in that short amount of time. 

• Upvote 1

All I can say about y'alls coaching situation is that we have fired head coaches for much less in way shorter time. If UNT wants to compete they need to show that mediocrity isn't good enough.

As far as Saturday's game goes, it will be our first of the season so I expect those first game jitters to be there and that we only win 49-17. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • RV 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 3

4 hours ago, Cougar King said:

All I can say about y'alls coaching situation is that we have fired head coaches for much less in way shorter time. If UNT wants to compete they need to show that mediocrity isn't good enough.

As far as Saturday's game goes, it will be our first of the season so I expect those first game jitters to be there and that we only win 49-17. 

That will require the people who have put up millions to put up more millions in a post-covid world and even I can see that is a fruitless endeavor.

He will be back next season, and then he will be an OC elsewhere in 2022 while a new coach at North Texas promises a change in culture.

• Upvote 3

I think this is a very healthy thing for UNT folks to do.

UH and UNT are very similar schools. I think this is a better rival for UNT than SMU as both Universities have a puzzling history of pointing out that SMU is a private school (seems like a major advantage to me, for those who can afford it). 

UH should be a UNT win.

UNT 24 - UH 17

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 3
  • Eye Roll 2

Guys I’m afraid this will be ugly . They have everybody back - we are missing 4-5 starters on defense and we can’t even afford one missing starter - the leading tackler was playing fullback the week before - our QBs need to get more seasoning - I think they may score 60 plus and we may not even get 21 pts on the board but I think we will get better over the next few weeks and be very competitive by the end of the year . 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

That will require the people who have put up millions to put up more millions in a post-covid world and even I can see that is a fruitless endeavor.

He will be back next season, and then he will be an OC elsewhere in 2022 while a new coach who runs an entirely different offensive scheme at North Texas promises a change in culture.

FIFY