Season's Over

greenb.o.g.

Just now, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Go rematch... Our last 2 touchdowns had defensive rotational players playing starter reps. I mean, it's there for the world to see. Then come back and tell me wrong. 

The question was did we score the majority of our points after smuT pulled their starters.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

I understand that we may have some young players and some guys that are inexperienced. But that does not excuse standing straight up and attempting a half ass forearm to the quarterback's chest instead of making the tackle/sack on a 4th down. That doesn't excuse the continued attempts at arm tackling for years. That doesn't excuse letting the receiver burn your ass on a delayed release because you focus on a standard rollout by the QB and think he's tucked the ball and running. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

Just saying I think you guys massively overrate Skladany's defense and forget the fact that we had really good players (including a future All Pro MLB) on defense for the first time since 2004.

No, sir.  Stop it.  Skladany coached top 10 defenses at, at least, three different schools.  Not knocking our players under him, but he did it everywhere he went.  He was a great coach. 

Carry on...

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

No, sir.  Stop it.  Skladany coached top 10 defenses at, at least, three different schools.  Not knocking our players under him, but he did it everywhere he went.  He was a great coach. 

Carry on...

Just going by rank in opponents PPG in seasons which Skladany was DC according to wikipedia

Ohio (1985-1989) 86th,93rd,68th,71st,92nd

Iowa State (1996-2006) 105th, 110th, 85th, 51st, 45th, 26th, 78th, 109th, 36th, 20th, 106th

UCF (2007) 57th

Houston (2008-2009) 92nd, 95th

North Texas (2012-2014) 61st, 8th, 88th

I'm not trying to disparage the guy or anything, but he wasn't some tactical genius🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 2

On 9/19/2020 at 10:42 PM, NTSU52 said:

There's alot of guys on this board that have been through year after year of one and two win seasons at that crap hole we called Fouts Field and they still gave their money and showed up. Calling it quits after one disappointing loss is really shity and it shows how much some of yall actually are actually invested in North Texas and its success.

Hang on, big fellow. It's not just one disappointing loss. Look what Dykes has done in  2 years vs Littrell. Just my opinion, but Seth is over paid and over rated, especially when it comes to recruiting. In the past 59 years I have supported UNT football we have averaged a coaching change every 5 years, and agree that change doesn't guarantee success. However I expect a hell of a lot more from a coach making $100,000 per month, especially with the facilities we now have.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

On 9/20/2020 at 11:17 AM, UNT 90 Grad said:

From what I saw, SMU (surprisingly) didn’t start pulling their starters until the 4th quarter.   Heck, they didn’t pull Buschelle until the final minutes of the 4th.  Most of UNT’s 35 were scored prior to the 4th, so no.

I watched the game again on my DVR, and it appears SMU still had starters on the field when we scored TD's in the 3rd. But, I think many would agree that SMU had lost interest in running up the score by the time our offense starting being productive. The game was essentially over.

• Skeptical Eagle 1