Who will help in buying out Seth Littrell’s contract?

36 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Our stats would not agree with the second part of your statement.

https://meangreensports.com/sports/football/stats

The stats don't tell the whole story. One game was against an outmatched FCS defense that was completely tied in the second half. And, against SMU, Adaway, bullied his way to 104 yards rushing on 20 carries, because he doesn't need blocking to get yards. Go back and watch the SMU tape, and see how many run plays made it into the reel. Torrey ran for his life and found the end zone after no one opened a hole for him, and two QB runs to the outside. That is about it. The rest was all through the air. Our line has been bad at run blocking.

Edited by Side Show Joe

On 9/19/2020 at 8:52 PM, emmitt01 said:

SMU won by getting an infusion of P5 talent that they “recruited.”  

Well, sure...but SMU actually won because they were a far superior team on the field that evening.  No reason we should not be recruiting P5 talent as well. Well, I guess there are reasons, but I can always hope.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

On 9/28/2020 at 9:27 PM, ntmeangreen11 said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28649423/college-football-teams-most-returning-production-2020

We ranked 121st out of 130 schools in terms of returning production coming in to this season. I absolutely knee jerked after the SMU game when I should have taken in to account just how many guys were making their first meaningful start of their college careers. We only have ten scholarship seniors, 3 of which don't play at all. His record speaks for itself but I am now taking the approach of letting the season play out before calling for his job. 

All true and this isn’t directed at you, but whose fault is it that we are in this situation? Why is it that we didn’t have players ready to step in for the starters that have left over the last couple of years. Rebuilding years are rare for good programs because they properly prepare for the future. And when they do rebuild it usually doesn’t take 3-4 years.

Why do we always seem so bad at the basics of running a football program? We have no line depth on offense. We have two starting qb’s, which never works. And how hard is to see that Adaway is clearly the best RB on the team and that he should get more touches than anyone else.

I’m sitting here watching latech hang with BYU late in the first half and I can’t help but think if we were playing BYU we’d be down by 5 TD’s at this point. As I was sitting in Apogee during the SMU game looking at the IPF I couldn’t help but think how little return we get for the amount of resources that go into this program. We have better facilities in a better location than most G5’s in the nation and we do nothing with that advantage.

Seemingly every other team in the AD is contending for a conference title, improving, or otherwise showing some kind of promise with the exception of football. I love college football but I’m starting to question how much longer I want to invest my time and money into this.

Anyway, rant over. See you idiots tomorrow.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, Wookies said:

All true and this isn’t directed at you, but whose fault is it that we are in this situation? Why is it that we didn’t have players ready to step in for the starters that have left over the last couple of years. Rebuilding years are rare for good programs because they properly prepare for the future. And when they do rebuild it usually doesn’t take 3-4 years.

Why do we always seem so bad at the basics of running a football program? We have no line depth on offense. We have two starting qb’s, which never works. And how hard is to see that Adaway is clearly the best RB on the team and that he should get more touches than anyone else.

I’m sitting here watching latech hang with BYU late in the first half and I can’t help but think if we were playing BYU we’d be down by 5 TD’s at this point. As I was sitting in Apogee during the SMU game looking at the IPF I couldn’t help but think how little return we get for the amount of resources that go into this program. We have better facilities in a better location than most G5’s in the nation and we do nothing with that advantage.

Seemingly every other team in the AD is contending for a conference title, improving, or otherwise showing some kind of promise with the exception of football. I love college football but I’m starting to question how much longer I want to invest my time and money into this.

Anyway, rant over. See you idiots tomorrow.

I agree with most of your post, but please don't give up. Please don't quit. We need our angry fans just as much as our happy fans. When you get the chance, pressure our administration for better results. If fans walk away like they have done throughout our recent history, the status quo will never change. Ignore those that refuse to acknowledge what you are seeing, but be fair and write the truth. You are not alone on here.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

There is a lot to what @Wookies posted at the end of his rant. It costs so much and it takes so much time when you actually go to a game. It really does take a lot of fun out of it, but even more when you aren’t competitive with the program you despise with all of your heart.

Edited by untjim1995
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

There is a lot to what @Wookies posted at the end of his rant. It costs so much and it takes so much time when you actually go to a game. It really does take a lot of fun out of it, but even more when you aren’t competitive with the program you despise with all of your heart.

It really doesn’t even cost that much. I mean the price of season tickets is brunch for 2-4 in DC. Or once nice bottle of wine at a nice steakhouse. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 3

33 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

It really doesn’t even cost that much. I mean the price of season tickets is brunch for 2-4 in DC. Or once nice bottle of wine at a nice steakhouse. 

Well, when you have a family of five, it adds up fast. Not to mention gas/parking, concessions, and souvenirs, etc...

My point is that it’s easy to see fans who walk away as the costs/time commitment rise. And when the product is not exactly good, it becomes even easier to become a fan from afar. 

I love coming to Apogee for games and love seeing us play. But that’s a time commitment on a Saturday (usually) that is harder and harder to make with kids playing ball and other activities. And finding and setting aside 6+ hours for this has gotten much harder to do than I ever thought. But it is what it is, I suppose.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Well, when you have a family of five, it adds up fast. Not to mention gas/parking, concessions, and souvenirs, etc...

My point is that it’s easy to see fans who walk away as the costs/time commitment rise. And when the product is not exactly good, it becomes even easier to become a fan from afar. 

I love coming to Apogee for games and love seeing us play. But that’s a time commitment on a Saturday (usually) that is harder and harder to make with kids playing ball and other activities. And finding and setting aside 6+ hours for this has gotten much harder to do than I ever thought. But it is what it is, I suppose.

You're not wrong. But, do your kids enjoy the game days, and would spending Saturday's with them doing something else be a better use of time? I don't think there are many other events that provide better opportunities for making lasting memories with your children, while also encouraging them to embrace education. And, every now and then North Texas does have a great moment, like "the Stand" or "the Drive" or the 2013 HOD Bowl. I think we would all agree that we want many more of those types of memories.

I drive my family two and a half hours to be at our home games, then two and a half hours back home. So, I get what you mean. But, I hope you keep up the good fight.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Side Show Joe said:

You're not wrong. But, do your kids enjoy the game days, and would spending Saturday's with them doing something else be a better use of time? I don't think there are many other events that provide better opportunities for making lasting memories with your children, while also encouraging them to embrace education. And, every now and then North Texas does have a great moment, like "the Stand" or "the Drive" or the 2013 HOD Bowl. I think we would all agree that we want many more of those types of memories.

I drive my family two and a half hours to be at our home games, then two and a half hours back home. So, I get what you mean. But, I hope you keep up the good fight.

Side Show Joe, you are a super UNT alum & a developer of Mean Green fans! 👍👍

GMG!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Well you better take me to that steakhouse because It must be cheap!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Sure I understand. My point was that relatively speaking, it is a pretty good deal. Six Flags for a family isn’t cheap either, right? 

• Upvote 2

Some think Seth L. has not been in Denton (emotionally) after he turned down the Kansas St. job; that is, after Bill Snyder wanted him to hire his son & Seth said “thanks but no thanks.” 
So to salve that self-wound SL got a nice, extended contract & a new state of the art Indoor Practice Facility for staying in Denton as his consolation prize for turning down a Big 12 job. 
Most G5 level coaches (understandably) are upwardly mobile & want to go where there are P5 sellouts of 50K+ fans who show no matter what or no matter who the opponent.  
All in Mean Green Land probably need to get over our latest disappointments & just pull for SL to recruit like hell & tweak his coaching staff since no one here is going to come up with $5 million (+\-) to buy out his contract.  For SL some might add: Bloom where planted.

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1