Who will help in buying out Seth Littrell’s contract?

4 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

ray liotta laughing GIF

You’ve come around to seeing UNT Football for what it is...some of us always told you this is how it work out. Now it’s your turn to let these newbies understand what the future looks like around here.

We are badass, nationally ranked highly for music and arts. That’s who we are. We don’t want to ever make winning football a priority around here. 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Sad 2
  • Eye Roll 4

5 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

You’ve come around to seeing UNT Football for what it is...some of us always told you this is how it work out. Now it’s your turn to let these newbies understand what the future looks like around here.

We are badass, nationally ranked highly for music and arts. That’s who we are. We don’t want to ever make winning football a priority around here. 

All you can do is laugh. The money being dumbed into this program with the product that we are being served is some kind of cruel joke. I will not support this. I am stonewalling my support fully. Complete ineptitude on O until we are against 3's and 710 yards of offense allowed has me feeling like 2015 Dan McCarney era. Littrell is a fraud. 

• Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 7

2 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

All you can do is laugh. The money being dumbed into this program with the product that we are being served is some kind of cruel joke. I will not support this. I am stonewalling my support fully. Complete ineptitude on O until we are against 3's and 710 yards of offense allowed has me feeling like 2015 Dan McCarney era. Littrell is a fraud. 

It is what it always is...

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

2 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

No doubt. I'll just probably wither back away into creeper status on here until something egregious brings me back out. 

6 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Bye, I’m sure if we all band together we can figure out a way to replace your $50 mgsf donation.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 7
  • Downvote 4

1 minute ago, Cr1028 said:

Im not sure if you’ve been watching them but I think the Bobcats would have a real chance of beating us the way we have played thus far.

As far as buying out Littrell, I don’t think that is great idea. This is a f’d up year. We lost our qb coach right before the season started. We lost two defensive starters the day before the game. We are trying out two new quarterbacks to try and replace one of our best ever. This season is a lost season for many reasons. Let’s just try to get through it and pretend in never happened. Hopefully with this pseudo-season and spring practice we will figure the offense out. Defense, we need to find the next John Skladany.

Most on here were way too positive after HBU and now we are way too negative after SMU. They are just better than us plain and simple. We have work to do but right now measuring ourselves against SMU is not helpful. Now if we get curb stomped by UTSA, that is a different story.

Texas State would kill us. Praying UTSA hasn’t passed us yet. And UTEP is the worst program in the FBS.

We don’t have the money to buy him out yet, but the UNT 17 showed us after Portland State that they can only handle so much. But that was buying out 2.5 years of a much smaller contract than what SL gets paid and will have 3 years left on his contract.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 3

Also forgot to mention the fact that our bench, with 6 minutes left, were playing around and laughing.

I was in shock. Utter disgust. That shows how bad Seth has our team disciplined.

But at the same time, they had no energy on the field. I wonder where it went. Fans were yelling at the players, and of course they yell back, but for the first time I agree with the fans yelling at them. It was a disaster and they were acting like nothing happened.

Edited by NorthTexasSportsNetwork
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

but I pay a thousand plus dollars a year when I don’t have to.

Welcome to UNT sports... I spent thousands in 2019 after I bought the hype and went to all the away games with the old lady plus the thousands spent on Hub Club tix.  Seemed very dumb by the end of the season, but I'd do it all again.  And I'll never get that $45 bucks a tix back for Houston tickets + hotel and gas or flights next week either.

I want to buy a motor home so I can just stay at Apogee and drown my sorrows and pass out post game without leaving the parking lot.  The best thing you can do is just double down on the Mean Green Sports Pain.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

Littrell left his soul in Manhattan, KS. 
The cycle of losing is starting again in Denton. Here we go....

Agreed... he probably should have just taken the KSU job.  I don't think he'll get that kind of an offer again.   😎

Anyway, we have obviously regressed a lot.  The proof's in the pudding... our arrow is not pointing up with performance on the field. 

My hope is that Littrell cares enough to really open up a can and whip this thing into some resemblance of a contender again.  As of now, I think La Tech and Southern Miss will take care of us pretty easily.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

I’ve seen us have exactly 5 seasons where we have won 9 games. And one where we won 8. And two seasons with 7 wins. That’s 8 seasons...out of 30...

This is my 59th season,[ since freshman year 1961 ] and probably my last. We have sunk to the same level as UTEP,UTSA,Texas State, and Rice, and I don't know if we can beat any of them.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2

2 hours ago, wardly said:

Well, he is 3 games over 500, and not many UNT football can say that. We won't buy him out because we can't afford to.  I don't know how many years he has on the contract he sighed 2 years ago but he is making $1million+ a year, about $100,000 per game. Over paid, over rated.

Jay Hopson was removed after Week 1, and he had a better overall record at Southern Miss than Littrell has here. Just sayin'.

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1

If our athletic department is willing to accept this level of incompetence, than we will not become anything more than we are now... a mid-level program in the worst conference in the FBS. Sadly, we didn't need to spend all we have on facilities and infrastructure to reach that level. Our lines are still trash. Bowen never should have been hired. And, Littrell still has to make excuses for the terrible play on the field....

I will donate the equivalent of my annual expense on Mean Green Fund donations and season tickets, if Wren pulls the trigger and fires Littrell now. I don't know if Littrell has lost his players, but he has lost me, and I would think most logical Mean Green fans. I have no faith in his ability to take this program where I believe we want it to go. Littrell is not a real head coach. He needs to go back to being an OC.

Fire Littrell.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

If our athletic department is willing to accept this level of incompetence, than we will not become anything more than we are now... a mid-level program in the worst conference in the FBS. Sadly, we didn't need to spend all we have on facilities and infrastructure to reach that level. Our lines are still trash. Bowen never should have been hired. And, Littrell still has to make excuses for the terrible play on the field....

I will donate the equivalent of my annual expense on Mean Green Fund donations and season tickets, if Wren pulls the trigger and fires Littrell now. I don't know if Littrell has lost his players, but he has lost me, and I would think most logical Mean Green fans. I have no faith in his ability to take this program where I believe we want it to go. Littrell is not a real head coach. He needs to go back to being an OC.

Fire Littrell.

You know it’s serious when Slide Show is on the fire train

1 minute ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

You know it’s serious when Slide Show is on the fire train

I like Littrell and I wanted him to be successful here at UNT. But, I love North Texas and our administration must always do what is in the best interest of our program. No coach, player, or administrator is bigger than the program, and everyone must be held accountable. June Jones didn't get to stay after getting bent over 43-6 in Denton back in 2014. If our administration is willing to accept total failure while SMU won't, than we will continue to get punked every time we take the field against SMU.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Side Show Joe said:

I like Littrell and I wanted him to be successful here at UNT. But, I love North Texas and our administration must always do what is in the best interest of our program. No coach, player, or administrator is bigger than the program, and everyone must be held accountable. June Jones didn't get to stay after getting bent over 43-6 in Denton back in 2014. If our administration is willing to accept total failure while SMU won't, than we will continue to get punked every time we take the field against SMU.

I’ll even say this, 

Seth Littrell is SMU’s equivalent to Chad Morris. A lot of hype, some wins, and a lot of bad losses. Tons of similarities 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

4 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I’ll even say this, 

Seth Littrell is SMU’s equivalent to Chad Morris. A lot of hype, some wins, and a lot of bad losses. Tons of similarities 

He is even more like Jay Hopson. Just look at their numbers as C-USA head coaches. Of course Hopson is not at USM now.

2 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

He is even more like Jay Hopson. Just look at their numbers as C-USA head coaches. Of course Hopson is not at USM now.

Yep it’s clear. Except Hopson wasn’t the highest paid HC in the conference by 200 thousand... 

9 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

Spanky’s gotta go. Sadly, I don’t think NT can afford to buy him out. 

Can Wren afford to let season ticket holders and walk up fans go? A choice will have to be made. I know for a fact, there are fans that have lost their faith in Littrell and will not be coming back until Littrell is gone and UNT proves they are serious about winning. Sure the Covid capacity restrictions will mask it for the rest of this season, but once things go back to normal, it will be very obvious that Littrell has lost a significant portion of this fan base, and the athletic department will have lost some revenue from ticket sales, merch sales, and donations.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1