Just an observation

emmitt01

2 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

These are Bean’s career passing stats against FBS opponents:

26/45 (57.8%) for 205 yards (4.56 yards/attempt) and 4 TDs/4 INTs. 

The turnovers aren’t great but also the yards/attempt number is pretty paltry. And Saturday it was even lower at 3.22 yards/attempt, granted he only threw 9 passes. 

Do you think he's checking down?  Or are the underneath throws his primary reads?
Because that would determine majority of the blame for those low numbers.

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Do you think he's checking down?  Or are the underneath throws his primary reads?
Because that would determine majority of the blame for those low numbers.

I would need to go through and watch to say confidently, but from memory it is a combination. I don’t think he has a lot of confidence in his arm strength (against FBS DBs), and I don’t think the coaches do either.

With Bean even more so than Aune, the first read is very frequently Jaelon Darden, often in the flats. And when it isn’t, he seems to be happy to check down. Which, if that’s gonna be the case, I think we have to run Bean more when he’s in or the predictability is just too high.

1 hour ago, MGNation92 said:

Aune definitely looked more confident, but still not at a level of efficiency that we need to be successful. I say roll with him and use Bean for some run/pass option packages.

Agree!  Bean has speed - there's no doubt there.  But, he can't seem to handle the pressure nearly as well as Aune.  

• Upvote 4

22 hours ago, Philip Ferguson said:

Agree!  Bean has speed - there's no doubt there.  But, he can't seem to handle the pressure nearly as well as Aune.  

Aune isn't slow.  I think Bean's biggest issue is just getting the game to slow down for him and being comfortable.

• Upvote 1