• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You lost me at NBA. 

Can Javion Hamlet play football?

Brammer looked good. Aune looked good minus the INT.  Aune should start and not Bean. Addaway should be the starting RB. Why didn't we play Siggers? Lots of wasted downs with Torrey when Siggers can d

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Greendylan said:

Out of the many, many embarrassing performances over the years, this is right up there with the worst.  There's just no excuse to look this absolutely unprepared, undisciplined, and disinterested. And, please, please don't do the whole "they just look bigger" thing.  We have comparable athletes.  They are just not making mistakes, and we are not executing in any phase of the game.

Even worse is it doesn't even look like they want to do anything about it. It's damn near like watching McCarney's 2015 team

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, MeanGreenWithEnvy said:

They’re comparable in that they’re all scholarship FBS football players. That’s about the end of how comparable they are.

No, don't fall into that trap.  Show me what year of the past four recruiting cycles when they were ranked like 50 spots ahead.  In fact, you would think they had top 10 recruits and us bottom 10 based on the score.  It's one thing to lose because they are playing a little better and currently have slightly better talent.  But, when you aren't even competing, it's something else.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
20 minutes ago, MeanGreenWithEnvy said:

They’re comparable in that they’re all scholarship FBS football players. That’s about the end of how comparable they are.

A good crowd at Apogee this evening. I guess SMU players thought we were all there to watch them & just appreciated us.
SMU  is like UH—they recruit more faster athletes while we hope we will eventually. UH will be tougher next week & I hope they don’t “Baylor out” on us & cancel, but after tonight’s game they probably won’t.  

Texas State-San Marcos?  Maybe at this time they have a better team than ours?
Signed: Disgusted & disappointed.

PS:  I went over & looked (again) at the UNT Indoor Practice Facility & came away duly wowed.  The whole Mean Green Village package will enhance our recruiting & hopefully that begins with a couple of goat ropin’ son of a gun pass rushers.5F58EB4F-EE74-409F-81E9-0A27FBDA48DF.jpeg.7121f900f4feb734fa34c30faa183279.jpeg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
42 minutes ago, CMJ said:

I think it'll be Stanley Cup Final and NBA Playoffs for the rest of the night.  Might switch back to see the score a few times, but I don't think I can watch the full second half.

You lost me at NBA. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 6

SMU has kicked the crap out of us both on the field and recruiting for as long as I’ve been around. I know that’s a sad fact, but it is what it is.  Yeah, SMU isn’t very good. But they’ve consistently beaten us, including by 3 TDs last year with a senior Mason Fine. 

I don’t know what about this offseason made people think we were just going to magically get better. 

Maybe HBU, a school I only knew existed when we scheduled them, isn’t some giant killer. Maybe our defense still just sucks. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Harry
      The SMU Mustangs opened the 2020 college football season with a closer-than-expected 31-24 victory over Texas State two weeks ago. SMU was then forced to wait longer than anticipated for another chance to play when its rivalry game against TCU was postponed. However, the idle week allowed Sonny Dykes' team extra time to prepare for another rival, as the North Texas Mean Green is set to host the Mustangs Saturday in Denton. North Texas also opened the season with a win, beating FCS member Houston Baptist 57-31 in Week 1, and then spending two weeks preparing for the opportunity to move to 2-0.

SMU at North Texas

Kickoff: Saturday, Sept. 19, at 6 p.m. ET
      TV: CBSSN
      Spread: SMU -14

When SMU Has the Ball
      The SMU offense runs through Shane Buechele. The former Texas quarterback threw for 3,929 yards and 34 touchdowns with only 10 interceptions in 490 pass attempts in his first season with the Mustangs in 2019. Buechele accounted for 367 passing yards and a touchdown and averaged 10.2 yards per attempt while completing 72.2 percent of his passes against Texas State, but he was picked off twice. Top target Reggie Roberson Jr. caught six passes for 99 yards and a 51-yard score that proved to be the game-winner as it broke a 21-21 tie in the third quarter. Rashee Rice led the team with 101 yards on five catches, and junior college transfer Danny Gray, one of the fastest players in the country, caught four passes for 72 yards.
      Read more:  https://athlonsports.com/college-football/smu-mustangs-vs-north-texas-mean-green-prediction-picks-2020
    • By Harry
      Re: OFFICIAL: SMU vs NTSU PREDICTIONS
      http://www.ponyfans.com/phpBB3/styles/we_clearblue/imageset/icon_post_target.gifby Mustang1980 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:42 pm
      SMU - 59
      NTSU - 16   read more:  http://www.ponyfans.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=88925&sid=263dd1d8eac53da02416fe532309fbf0
    • By Jonnyeagle
      The Mean Green wrapped up their 2020 recruiting class with a handful of signees that will be a great addition to their squad on Wednesday during National Signing Day.
      A majority of the 13 Texas area signatures came during the early signing period in December. With the 2020 recruitment period coming to a close, North Texas is looking ahead to what will hopefully be a better season than last year’s 4-8 (3-5) record.
      Here’s a look at the 13 natives who will be joining in the fall. 
      OG, Kade Bond (6’3, 281)
      3-Star, Magnolia
      Committing to North Texas in June, Bond sealed the deal in December with a signature. According to a 246sports.com composite, Bond is the No. 221 player in the state of Texas and the No . 94 offensive guard in the nation. Bond is a three-time First Team All-District athlete (’17, ’18, ’19) who helped anchor Magnolia’s O-Line for a gain of 2,921 rushing yards, 265.5 yards per game, and 24 rushing touchdowns in 2019. Bond is great at creating a pocket for his quarterback. We can expect to see great blocking coming from this 3-star recruit once he suits up. Bond chose to join the Mean Green squad over offers from five other schools including Texas State, New Mexico State, Louisiana-Monroe and more. 
      read more:  http://texashsfootball.com/mean-green-signees-a-look-at-seth-littrells-newest-in-state-athletes/
  • Who's Online   19 Members, 3 Anonymous, 127 Guests (See full list)

• Images

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.