***OFFICIAL SMU vs. NORTH TEXAS 2020 OFFICIAL GAME THREAD***

Harry

1 minute ago, MeanGreenWithEnvy said:

They’re comparable in that they’re all scholarship FBS football players. That’s about the end of how comparable they are.

No, don't fall into that trap.  Show me what year of the past four recruiting cycles when they were ranked like 50 spots ahead.  In fact, you would think they had top 10 recruits and us bottom 10 based on the score.  It's one thing to lose because they are playing a little better and currently have slightly better talent.  But, when you aren't even competing, it's something else.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, MeanGreenWithEnvy said:

They’re comparable in that they’re all scholarship FBS football players. That’s about the end of how comparable they are.

A good crowd at Apogee this evening. I guess SMU players thought we were all there to watch them & just appreciated us.
SMU  is like UH—they recruit more faster athletes while we hope we will eventually. UH will be tougher next week & I hope they don’t “Baylor out” on us & cancel, but after tonight’s game they probably won’t.  

Texas State-San Marcos?  Maybe at this time they have a better team than ours?
Signed: Disgusted & disappointed.

PS:  I went over & looked (again) at the UNT Indoor Practice Facility & came away duly wowed.  The whole Mean Green Village package will enhance our recruiting & hopefully that begins with a couple of goat ropin’ son of a gun pass rushers.5F58EB4F-EE74-409F-81E9-0A27FBDA48DF.jpeg.7121f900f4feb734fa34c30faa183279.jpeg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

SMU has kicked the crap out of us both on the field and recruiting for as long as I’ve been around. I know that’s a sad fact, but it is what it is.  Yeah, SMU isn’t very good. But they’ve consistently beaten us, including by 3 TDs last year with a senior Mason Fine. 

I don’t know what about this offseason made people think we were just going to magically get better. 

Maybe HBU, a school I only knew existed when we scheduled them, isn’t some giant killer. Maybe our defense still just sucks.