***OFFICIAL SMU vs. NORTH TEXAS 2020 OFFICIAL GAME THREAD***

Harry

10 minutes ago, MeanGreenDan said:

920x920.jpg

He’s better than Todd Dodge, by a lot, but only because he didn’t bring in high school coaches.

But he’s just another Leach disciple—no defense, empty numbers, no championships.

His big year is next year and he knows it. 2021 either keeps him here or gets him fired. That’s what it’s all about for him...and really, that’s what we have to accept, no matter how many years he has been here and how much he has swindled us for. Without Graham Harrell, he is just a bad coach, no different than anyone else we have seen in Denton other than Fry and Corky.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

Brammer looked good. Aune looked good minus the INT.  Aune should start and not Bean. Addaway should be the starting RB. Why didn't we play Siggers? Lots of wasted downs with Torrey when Siggers can do what Torrey does and more.  First half was a ****show but the second half, offensively, was mildly encouraging.  I know people want SL's head but who else do you think we could get here?  The defensive issues were probably going to be a given with the new staff and limited number of practices. Losing our best linebackers, especially in this hybrid offense defense, is why our defense couldn't stop the run.

I doubt the Davis's even have Covid, it's probably just contract trace protocol BS.

Edited by peanuts104
  • Upvote 5
  • RV 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

9 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

I know people want SL's head but who else do you think we could get here? 

I’m not calling for Littrell’s head Yet but to answer this part...tons of people. We comp at the upper end of G5 and have good football facilities. Lots of qualified people would happily take this gig.

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, Green Lantern said:

I’m not calling for Littrell’s head Yet but to answer this part...tons of people. We comp at the upper end of G5 and have good football facilities. Lots of qualified people would happily take this gig.

I want him to answer 1 simple question...why is his team so much worse than the one 30 miles down the road?  Pretty much every reason is directly under his control: i.e. recruiting, coaching (practice and game day), conditioning, etc. and he's had time to fully develop whatever "scheme" he' intending to implement.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

If I may, why? 

I’m not saying I’m not heading in that direction, just not there yet. Last year was a GIGANTIC red flag. Today adds to the negative side of the ledger significantly as well. I do like the direction the recruiting has taken in the past couple of years.

The defense looks like it may be beyond saving this year but I’m willing to give it a couple more games to see if the younger players adjust to the speed of the game. They sure looked soft to me. If it doesn’t make a big leap in the next 2 games, this season will be lost. Willing to see it play out though.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

We are so freaking soft. Our players are killing the turf. 

More like the turf was killing our players. How many guys went down periods tonight?  It was beautiful weather coming off of a week off. What do we pay our strength and conditioning coach for? 

5 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Food was garbage in the Hub Club tonight too... Except for that delicious Mac n Cheese. 

Every time I've been up there, it always is garbage. 

4 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

How many false starts have we had? I feel like there's a guy moving early on every snap

What did we end up with, 7+ false starts, including at least one on a receiver. Totally inexcusable. 

4 hours ago, Udomann said:

I’m here for the mean green no matter the score. Just grateful there’s a 45% chance/proof I may not remember it

Next game, I'm bringing in a bottle. Screw the flask. 

Tonight was an embarrassment. Plain and simple. I don't believe $mut is a good team. We were just that bad. We looked like an FCS team tonight.

Our defensive culture has to change. This 10 yard cushion bullsh has to have been renamed the "North Texas" scheme by other schools by now. Weak ass arm tackling.  Corners biting on God knows what on that first drive that left the receiver wide ass open. Honestly, what the eff did he bite on?  I saw kids in 104 tracking the receiver better than our corner on that play. I don't think I've ever seen a corner try to key in on a quarterback who was simply rolling out, and just let his receiver go. There was no one in the same damn zip code to cover!  The play on 4th down was even worse. You have Buechelle dead to rights, and you can't even make the most basic of tackles!  Instead you stand straight up, stick out your forearm, and he just bounces off of you.  What the hell do they work on in practice?! 

• Upvote 1

In my opinion the only positive I saw in the entire game was probably my adopted player, Oscar Adaway III. That guy is the real deal. With almost no blocking he was dragging SMU players for extra yards on every play. When we get to conference play Adaway could dominate most of the C-USA level defenses. He really is the only story worth following this season. Unless Wren fires Littrell and we get to speculate about a new coaching hire. By the way, he seemed to hobble off the field after his last play of the game. Hope he is okay. Here are Adaway's numbers....

Adaway 20 carries for 104 yards for 5.2 yards per carry

• Eye Roll 1

8 hours ago, Rudy said:

More like the turf was killing our players. How many guys went down periods tonight?  It was beautiful weather coming off of a week off. What do we pay our strength and conditioning coach for? 

Every time I've been up there, it always is garbage. 

What did we end up with, 7+ false starts, including at least one on a receiver. Totally inexcusable. 

Next game, I'm bringing in a bottle. Screw the flask. 

Tonight was an embarrassment. Plain and simple. I don't believe $mut is a good team. We were just that bad. We looked like an FCS team tonight.

Our defensive culture has to change. This 10 yard cushion bullsh has to have been renamed the "North Texas" scheme by other schools by now. Weak ass arm tackling.  Corners biting on God knows what on that first drive that left the receiver wide ass open. Honestly, what the eff did he bite on?  I saw kids in 104 tracking the receiver better than our corner on that play. I don't think I've ever seen a corner try to key in on a quarterback who was simply rolling out, and just let his receiver go. There was no one in the same damn zip code to cover!  The play on 4th down was even worse. You have Buechelle dead to rights, and you can't even make the most basic of tackles!  Instead you stand straight up, stick out your forearm, and he just bounces off of you.  What the hell do they work on in practice?! 

This.  700 yards given up.  Schmoo did to us what we did to HBU.  

This is Dodge 2.0.  Pitiful excuse for a defense out there last night.  This is a 1 or 2 win team.  Inexcusable for the money we are spending on this staff....especially in these times when scrutiny around budgets is only going to intensify.