All UNT Students Will Be Admitted Into SMU Game

ADLER

The ticket sales for Saturday's SMU football game were intentionally set low to allow for student admission to the event.

The athletic department does ask that students please get their tickets through the athletics web site, but no current student will be turned away at the gate. 

Per an athletics administrator "They've already paid for their tickets through their athletics fee, we have estimates of how many will show, and we are going to accommodate them".

On another good note, The Denton County COVID-19 Stats Site recorded only one new case in the entire county on September 15 and have not recorded any new cases since then.

image.png.322ca8f129bc2bcb4b3118e3538a3b3e.png

Denton County has a population of 906,532 according to the recent United States census.

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• ADLER changed the title to All UNT Students Will Be Admitted Into SMU Game

Kudos to Wren Baker & the UNT Athletic Dept. for allowing any UNT student into Apogee Stadium for the SMU game.  Obviously other schools are doing the same.  

GOOD NEWS!  On another front, I heard on ESPN that “not one player” from the Texans/Chief’s game had tested positive for COVID-19.  We will overcome this killer, folks.  • My late father’s mother & daddy died one day apart of the 1918 Spanish flu epidemic near Mexia/Groesbeck. The youngest of 10 kids, daddy was only 15 mos. old when they passed. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, ADLER said:

On another good note, The Denton County COVID-19 Stats Site recorded only one new case in the entire county on September 15 and have not recorded any new cases since then.

image.png.322ca8f129bc2bcb4b3118e3538a3b3e.png

Denton County has a population of 906,532 according to the recent United States census.

That chart shows cases by date of symptom onset. Since testing runs 4-7 days behind on getting results, you should probably focus more on the overall cases that started showing symptoms at least a week ago. The newer ones haven't had time to get test results back yet. Denton County reported 59 new positives in their daily statistics today. It's been somewhere between 60 and 90 new positives each day for the last week or two.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1

You are correct, Denton county has a small number of positive test cases but is doing exceptionally well.

Here is a quote from yesterday's Denton County Public Health:

“Denton County appreciates the updated guidance on reopening from Governor Abbott today,” said Denton County Judge Andy Eads. “This guidance will allow many of our local businesses to open to 75% capacity beginning next week"

We're not quite at zero new test cases, just no new cases confirmed from symptoms at hospitals, but hopefully we'll get to zero quickly.

I had to show my ticket to get to my seat when the game started.  At half time I was surrounded by college students, no social distancing going on many with no masks.  I gave up my chair back seat and moved to area with less people around me.  I love the mask commercials but they need to help enforce social distancing in the seats.   While they are young and most likely can bounce back from covid I am in a greater risk group.  They were all nice and all but just a little to close for comfort.