SMU Plays At North Texas Saturday At 5 p.m. On CBSSN

Harry

#PONYUPDALLAS
In 2019, The Mustangs debuted Dallas-themed uniforms to symbolize the relationship between SMU and the city of Dallas in wins over North Texas on Sept. 7, No. 25 TCU on Sept. 21 and Houston on Oct. 24. SMU opened the season against Texas State in the Dallas jerseys.

• The helmet decal featured the famous Triple D interlocked with the timeless SMU Pony, symbolizing the unity between the city of Dallas and SMU.

• The stripe on the helmet and jersey sleeves pay homage to the Dallas Cowboys.

• The number and pant stripe pay tribute to the 1966 Dallas Cowboys, led by quarterback and SMU alum Don Meredith.

• The script 'Dallas' featured on the chest pays homage to SMU alum and AFL founder Lamar Hunt and the Dallas Texans.

read more:  https://smumustangs.com/news/2020/9/16/football-smu-plays-at-north-texas-saturday-at-5-pm-on-cbssn.aspx

2 hours ago, Harry said:

symbolizing the unity between the city of Dallas and SMU

After all, what would the great City of Dallas do without all the bar receipts the students of SMU charge up on their parent AMEXes?  Maybe the great success in property tax collection from each SMU alumni when their parents buy them a $750k starter home in Lakewood or the M Streets?

Beyond that I struggle to find the partnership...  I'm sure the Park Cities locals that put up with SMU feel further slighted by this new marketing angle SMU has taken.  Tell someone in University Park or Highland Park that they're from "Dallas" and see what they say.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

I grew up in Dallas during the SWC hay day and old Ownby Stadium.  Dallas didn’t support SMU then, and the Pony student support was as bad then as now.  The snooty guys at SMU pretty much ignored NT back then, these days they still look down their noses but they can no longer ignore UNT whose star is actually on the rise without having to use fake marketing imagery .

• Upvote 1

This Fall UNT had a record enrollment of nearly 41,000 students of which many future UNT alums from this class will settle in Dallas County.  
•UNT probably has more than twice the number of Dallas alums than UT-Austin & TAMU, combined so...maybe we should start a new campaign of our favorite alma mater being called: 💚DALLAS COUNTY’S TEAM! 🙃

”Just win, baby!” (Al Davis)

GMG!

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Christopher Walker said:

Y’all, if there are other cord cutters on here, I cannot advocate for YouTube.tv enough.

At $60/mo, it may be a little steep, but I only subscribe to it during football season. It has just about every sports channel there is with unlimited lifetime DVR. It’s rad.

Pretty sure YouTube Offers free month

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Christopher Walker said:

Y’all, if there are other cord cutters on here, I cannot advocate for YouTube.tv enough.

At $60/mo, it may be a little steep, but I only subscribe to it during football season. It has just about every sports channel there is with unlimited lifetime DVR. It’s rad.

I'm guessing you can watch NFL games as well?

53 minutes ago, Christopher Walker said:

Watching this game at a buddy's place today.  Called ahead to make sure he had the channel and he can't praise it enough either.  

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Christopher Walker said:

Carrie Mathison No GIF by CANAL+

On 9/19/2020 at 11:18 AM, Christopher Walker said:

Looks like I spoke too soon. YouTube TV just put out an email saying Sinclair is pulling out from their coverage effective October 1. So that means all the Fox Sports regionals and Stadium won't be on it anymore. :ugh: Stupid move on Sinclair's part.

2 hours ago, Christopher Walker said:

Looks like I spoke too soon. YouTube TV just put out an email saying Sinclair is pulling out from their coverage effective October 1. So that means all the Fox Sports regionals and Stadium won't be on it anymore. :ugh: Stupid move on Sinclair's part.

Don’t they do this little dance every time a contract is up?   Then, they start airing ads saying, “YouTube is trying to let Fox Sports go.  You need to call & get them to keep it...”

Eventually they come to a new agreement & the viewers pay more.

• Upvote 1