This week's unis

MrStrange18

6 hours ago, Eagle71 said:

Singing glory to the green, singing glory to the white,

For we know our university is striving for the right;

Down the corridor of years, we'll forget the joys and tears,

But North Texas, North Texas, we love!

Just curious, but when did the original words to the song get changed. It was originally "For we know our University is forever in the right"

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Surprised no one has commented about the temporary name change of our twitter account 

I guess we can’t complain when Bronco fans call us NTSU this week. 🤣

I sort of like the way that they have embraced the North Texas State.  For too long it was considered a badge of shame and used as a negative from our enemies like SMU.  Why not embrace a good period in our history?

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

I sort of like the way that they have embraced the North Texas State.  For too long it was considered a badge of shame and used as a negative from our enemies like SMU.  Why not embrace a good period in our history?

I have "North Texas State" on my diploma (along with C.C. Nolan's signature) and I don't have any plans to request an update (UNT) for it.  I never felt any shame with NTSU......just a little annoyance. I (like so many alums before me) just refer to my alma mater as "North Texas".  But I am aware that NTSU was a compromise name. Our first choice back in 1961 was UNT. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Harry said:

agree

and there are NTSU grads that are more upset about UNT then the other way around...

Let's embrace both

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

I never felt any shame with NTSU......just a little annoyance.

I want to clear  I don't think it is any shame coming from UNT grads but its places like SMU and other self absorbed types that seem to use it in a derogatory way.  

The name of the team is MEAN GREEN. These are probably the least mean looking unis in all of college football.   And they are ugly.  The logo sucks, the colors suck.    They should be dark green with black and not a terrible attempt to modernize the logo.     The unis are the least of the problems, but since this is the discussion, these unis are horrible

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

8 minutes ago, UNTAlabama said:

The name of the team is MEAN GREEN. These are probably the least mean looking unis in all of college football.   And they are ugly.  The logo sucks, the colors suck.    They should be dark green with black and not a terrible attempt to modernize the logo.     The unis are the least of the problems, but since this is the discussion, these unis are horrible

Says the new guy from the state that has this:

image.jpeg.ce225cae9ada8c6c75aa5810a6df5d52.jpeg

and 

File:Alabama crimson football uniform.png - Wikipedia