One Result of Defunding

2 hours ago, Coffee and TV said:

That doesn't change the fact that he committed tax evasion and has hundreds of millions that he owes to foreign banks and god knows who else.  

Another question. Is this confirmed or speculation? For instance saying, why does Kingsbury start Shimonek? He must have naked pictures of Kliff or something. Or is this a thing that we actually know? Thanks. Not trying to be combative. Trying to discern facts from a narrative. Most of the time the news, any, Fox, NBC, ABC, CBS, and CNN tell you a story to get you to see it from a particular perspective rather than simply laying out the facts. 

This is the reason I don’t like watching news these days. I wish there were a news organization that was unbiased but I guess humans are inherently biased and that is an unreachable target. I like to watch the debates and hear straight from the horse’s mouth (or ass in some cases 😄). I know they lie at times but so do folks in your everyday life. You gotta filter that out on your own rather than having “fact-checkers” intentionally trying to get you to think a certain way. It’s like your kids yelling liar at each other while you’re trying to get them to tell you a story.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

I do try to avoid news for the most part but I promise you friend, I am in no way trying to earn internet points. I just want to work towards a place of understanding even if we disagree. I understand that the New York Times said he only paid $750. I only saw the headlines. I haven’t read anything about it. I know and agree that a billionaire paying only $750 in taxes while folks like you and me pay in the thousands. I’m sure we agree on that. It isn’t right but my understanding is it isn’t illegal either. That isn’t stealing and In my view the problem isn’t with the billionaire, the problem is with the Tax Code and it should be changed to avoid the gaming of the system. We all use the Tax Code to our best possible outcome. I’m not going to give up my child tax credit or mortgage deduction (I don’t even know if that is still a thing) just because my neighbor may rent and not have kids. Trump avoided paying a bunch of taxes but the Code was written in a way that allows him, Buffet, Musk, Bezos, and every other super-rich business owner to take advantage of. The Code needs to change but I don’t think we should blame the folks smart enough to use it to their advantage, that’s likely how they got rich in the first place.

Agree.

First, I loathe Trump's character.  He's beyond narcissistic (which, I understand you're not really going to find a single person pursuing politics that's NOT at least a little narcissistic), yet masquerading as a leader, which, in my eyes makes it worse because he should be held to an even higher standard.   Leaders lead by example... right?   His example of leadership sucks.  Really bad.

Character aside, the heavy debt he carries for being such a "good businessman" (the rally cry for him by many moderates who were duped in 2016... that and "political outsider" who can "drain the swamp") is way more damning than the little-to-nothing he pays in taxes.

Unfortunately for us, everyone in DC (Red/Blue) uses the same tax loopholes to get richer.   That's why you're only seeing regular people screaming about Trump's taxes on social media... yet crickets from rich celebs and other politicians.  They all know if you looked at their taxes, you'd find the same thing (if they're doing it right).

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, greenminer said:

Call me a conspiracy theorist if you want but I will always feel that China wanted this out in the worldwide population to better their own position in the global economy. The trade war was getting to them. It makes zero sense that the most populous country on Earth has fewer cases than the state of Mississippi or nation of Kuwait and fewer deaths than Romania, Belgium or the state of Louisiana. Nearly 1 out of 5 people on the planet lives in China, ON THE PLANET! 18 percent of the world’s population occupies a single country, the country the virus originated in, and somehow the virus infects only 85k people when the epicenter, the city it originated in, the city where they censored doctors, and had to build makeshift hospitals has a population greater than ANY US city.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Coffee and TV said:

I guess it's payback for all the times he stole them before becoming president. 

Maybe pick up a newspaper or read a site not named Breitbart and you'll understand., but I doubt you're being sincere and just want to act obtuse for internet points. 

I never realized Trump was they only one trying to reduce the amount of taxes he pays. Wonder what in the hell all of the tax accountants, Financial planners, and lawyers that help millions of people do this were really doing since everyone else s trying to pay as high of taxes as possible. There are also all of those companies that relocate to get tax breaks - guess they should just start turning them down and offer to only relocate if they are allowed to pay the full tax rates.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 3

54 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Unfortunately for us, everyone in DC (Red/Blue) uses the same tax loopholes to get richer.   That's why you're only seeing regular people screaming about Trump's taxes on social media... yet crickets from rich celebs and other politicians.  They all know if you looked at their taxes, you'd find the same thing (if they're doing it right).

This. If you look at the number of politicians, regardless of affiliation, who have become very rich (either directly or family members) it is disturbing. 

We do hear from some of them, but behind the  scenes they have accountants and lawyers that do everything they can to make sure they pay as little as possible

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

but here's my opinion on a news story.

pretty good summation of modern debate. 

You make a good point. Some stories are so prominent that you can’t avoid them. I was actually advised in a work email that was talking about taxes and  someone I work with made a quip about the Trump deal so I had to go see what he was referring to. I will be honest when I do watch news, I usually watch the network that likes the president so I can see what they are doing rather than what they aren’t doing.So right now I watch Fox when I watch news which is rare but when Obama was president I watched CNN. I didn’t want to hear about Obama being from Kenya or some Bill Ayers crony bull. The dude did his job the way he thought was best and that’s all any of us can do.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

11 hours ago, Coffee and TV said:

I guess it's payback for all the times he stole them before becoming president. 

Maybe pick up a newspaper or read a site not named Breitbart and you'll understand., but I doubt you're being sincere and just want to act obtuse for internet points. 

Take your nose out of MSNBC and CNN.  Oh, and who in the world is Charlie Kirk?

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

20 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

I do try to avoid news for the most part but I promise you friend, I am in no way trying to earn internet points. I just want to work towards a place of understanding even if we disagree. I understand that the New York Times said he only paid $750. I only saw the headlines. I haven’t read anything about it.

The devil is in the details dude, not sure why you're playing dumb with snarky replies when you haven't even read the story. The Manhattan DA is going to court over his taxes because they believe he's been engaged in tax evasion and tax fraud. Hell, he forced out the NY AG and replaced him with a yes man because they were following the money as well. 

• Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

19 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Another question. Is this confirmed or speculation?

No, it's been known. And in 2022 he has a huge loan coming up for full repayment. Hell, running for president might as well have been just his way of avoiding payback on those loans. 

https://www.npr.org/2020/02/19/807191309/dark-towers-exposes-chaos-and-corruption-at-the-bank-that-holds-trump-s-secrets

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

20 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Thanks for pointing those out, I was unaware. Do we know if they did these tactics at his direction or were there 5 levels of management in between him and the ruffians? I ask because I’m curious. Many times front line employees do things that are counter t what executive management may want.

He literally bragged about it at one of the 2016 debates. 

• Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

He literally bragged about it at one of the 2016 debates. 

He bragged that he didn’t pay contractors and bullied small businesses out of money? Do you have a clip of this? I know he says some off the wall stuff but that is extreme even for him.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

The devil is in the details dude, not sure why you're playing dumb with snarky replies when you haven't even read the story. The Manhattan DA is going to court over his taxes because they believe he's been engaged in tax evasion and tax fraud. Hell, he forced out the NY AG and replaced him with a yes man because they were following the money as well. 

I’m not playing dumb and not trying to be snarky. Thank you for the details on the NY AG and Manhattan DA.

50 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

No, it's been known. And in 2022 he has a huge loan coming up for full repayment. Hell, running for president might as well have been just his way of avoiding payback on those loans. 

https://www.npr.org/2020/02/19/807191309/dark-towers-exposes-chaos-and-corruption-at-the-bank-that-holds-trump-s-secrets

I hadn’t seen this. Thank you for sharing it. I am a bit skeptical of how the writer is so knowledgeable of the most inner-workings of one of the world’s largest banks but I appreciate you sharing the information all the same.

I hope you can understand my pause. Sometimes speculation is run as fact these days like if I went on the news and said an anonymous member of Governor’s staff said he hates puppies.There is no way to debunk the claim unless every person who ever worked for him went on record and said to their knowledge he didn’t hate puppies.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

6 hours ago, Coffee and TV said:

While I didn’t hear him bragging about it, he didn’t really dispute it either, only saying maybe he wasn’t happy about their work. Pretty sorry if he didn’t pay folks what they were owed when they did a good job. 

In a somewhat related note, I will say, his demeanor was much better in this debate with Clinton than last night with Biden. He really did come off as a petulant child last night. And for the record, I still haven’t voted for Trump in any election.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/30/2020 at 2:49 AM, Cr1028 said:

Call me a conspiracy theorist if you want but I will always feel that China wanted this out in the worldwide population to better their own position in the global economy. The trade war was getting to them. It makes zero sense that the most populous country on Earth has fewer cases than the state of Mississippi or nation of Kuwait and fewer deaths than Romania, Belgium or the state of Louisiana. Nearly 1 out of 5 people on the planet lives in China, ON THE PLANET! 18 percent of the world’s population occupies a single country, the country the virus originated in, and somehow the virus infects only 85k people when the epicenter, the city it originated in, the city where they censored doctors, and had to build makeshift hospitals has a population greater than ANY US city.

Totally agree the PRC numbers are too low which is why we value a free and independent media so much in this country. Lies and cover-ups eventually get exposed. 
On the other hand, they did also take it seriously once they moved past politics and trying to make themselves look better. They shut pretty much everything down. They let people die in their apartments from heart attacks to keep the hospitals dedicated to Covid. They locked down cities the size of NYC - and they’ve done it repeatedly even with minor clusters. They test millions at the first sign of trouble now. 
Let me be clear that I don’t admire anything about the PRC or that I think free nations can replicate those actions. But just explaining how they reacted once they took it seriously. 
So very likely you can multiply those PRC number by 5 or 20 times but it still would not even come close to other countries, especially ours. 😕

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Totally agree the PRC numbers are too low which is why we value a free and independent media so much in this country. Lies and cover-ups eventually get exposed. 
On the other hand, they did also take it seriously once they moved past politics and trying to make themselves look better. They shut pretty much everything down. They let people die in their apartments from heart attacks to keep the hospitals dedicated to Covid. They locked down cities the size of NYC - and they’ve done it repeatedly even with minor clusters. They test millions at the first sign of trouble now. 
Let me be clear that I don’t admire anything about the PRC or that I think free nations can replicate those actions. But just explaining how they reacted once they took it seriously. 
So very likely you can multiply those PRC number by 5 or 20 times but it still would not even come close to other countries, especially ours. 😕

I agree statistically we could have done better. I’m not convinced that any president, past or future would have done  substantially better because of the uniqueness of our nation but it is possible.  

If we had ratios similar to the two best performing major countries in Europe and North America, we would have mimicked Germany and Canada.

If we were Germany, we’d have 1.97 million cases and 41.1k deaths but we would have conducted 54.7 million fewer COVID tests.

If we were Canada, we’d have 2 million cases and 88.2k deaths but would have also conducted 55.8 million fewer COVID tests.

To put into perspective how laughable China’s statistics are, if we were China, we would have less than 20k cases and less than 1k deaths nation-freaking-wide while conducting 104.4 million fewer COVID tests.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

Not sure China needed COVID to establish economic power

I thought right before this happened they were facing tariffs and locked in a trade war with us. Did that have any effect? I honestly don’t remember. Don’t take this as me making a comeback. I really remember something about that and am seeking clarification. I could just be having a Roger Clemens moment.

PcLToDes1bZ7n_XX7IpjXUZmQbvsU1Ufhnko4QIo