One Result of Defunding

In July, the council took several steps toward dismantling the city's police department, including approving an amendment to remove $1 million from the police department and reallocate it toward the health department to hire "violence interrupters" who are intended to defuse potentially violent situations.

Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

Sucks that crime has gone up for sure, but they haven't defunded anything yet. Honestly doubt they will at all. Vote got tabled, delayed, etc... so it's not quite so cut and dry.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/06/us/minneapolis-police-abolish-delay/index.html

The message has already been sent.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/21/us/minneapolis-police-george-floyd-protests.html

As long as people like my niece want to protest and scream F___ You within inches of officers faces and post all over social media that Officers are murderers etc. I think this trend will only continue! 

• Upvote 7

On 9/17/2020 at 12:08 PM, TheColonyEagle said:

In July, the council took several steps toward dismantling the city's police department, including approving an amendment to remove $1 million from the police department and reallocate it toward the health department to hire "violence interrupters" who are intended to defuse potentially violent situations.

Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

They already had "violence interrupters" that were carrying (probably) 9mm lead acceleration devices.

People wouldn't comply with their directions but are gonna' listen to someone carrying a clipboard???

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Another result is that it provides cities with the money to hire new positions such as this:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/09/22/seattle-hires-convicted-pimp-new-street-czar-help-police-interact/

Who says crime doesn't pay.

I can see the conversation ....

Mr. Taylor: Chief where will you be focusing your officers today?

Chief: We will be focusing on these neighborhoods today

Mr. Taylor: Tanks you (as he leaves the room to alert a few friends)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Coffee and TV said:

Look at all these conservatives so worried about crime rates in cities they don't live in but silent on the biggest thief to ever call the White House home. Gotta love it. 

Clinical case of TDS

Nothing but excuses to try and justify your hate of Trump.

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 2
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Actually my taxes decreased

I guess it's payback for all the times he stole them before becoming president. 

3 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I don’t understand. What do you mean he stole my tax dollars? In what way? He took a Brinks truck over to the Treasury and snuck some out the back?

Maybe pick up a newspaper or read a site not named Breitbart and you'll understand., but I doubt you're being sincere and just want to act obtuse for internet points. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

What did he steal?

Not hard to find stories of the Trump brand bullying small businesses out of money and supposedly not paying contractors.

If this were so obviously theft, we probably wouldn't be talking about him as President.  But he has benefited from wealth his entire life: surrounded by tons of (other people's) money, armies of lawyers, and using those resources to behave right on the edge of what we define as legal.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

35 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

I guess it's payback for all the times he stole them before becoming president. 

Maybe pick up a newspaper or read a site not named Breitbart and you'll understand., but I doubt you're being sincere and just want to act obtuse for internet points. 

Something like the NY Times using anonymous sources and breaking the law by obtaining tax records?

I must say the term "biggest thief to ever call the White House home" is a bit of a stretch considering the previous administration entering the White House with a net worth of a couple hundred thousand and leaving 8 years later with a net worth over $12 million, or the Clintons leaving with a war chest called the Clinton Foundation, yet the current occupant isn't taking a salary.  

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

30 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Something like the NY Times using anonymous sources and breaking the law by obtaining tax records?

Deep Throat was an anonymous source, and they broke no laws despite whatever Charlie Kirk told you. That doesn't change the fact that he committed tax evasion and has hundreds of millions that he owes to foreign banks and god knows who else.  

I must say the term "biggest thief to ever call the White House home" is a bit of a stretch considering the previous administration entering the White House with a net worth of a couple hundred thousand and leaving 8 years later with a net worth over $12 million,

Yeah that's what happens when you write and sell books, you make money. If Obama was somehow breaking any laws I'm sure the Republican held Senate would have found something, but alas it's only a figment of your imagination. It's also why Obama paid like 1.7 million in income taxes in 2011 while your boy paid less than a Starbucks barista. 

or the Clintons leaving with a war chest called the Clinton Foundation, yet the current occupant isn't taking a salary.  

It's called a charity, and unlike Trumps, it hasn't been shut down for illegally siphoning money for personal gain.  Yes, it's so nice of him to bypass a salary while his secret service has to rent out a Trump clubhouse apartment in New Jersey every month just in case he wants to play golf there. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

On 9/29/2020 at 10:41 AM, Coffee and TV said:

I do try to avoid news for the most part but I promise you friend, I am in no way trying to earn internet points. I just want to work towards a place of understanding even if we disagree. I understand that the New York Times said he only paid $750. I only saw the headlines. I haven’t read anything about it. I know and agree that a billionaire paying only $750 in taxes while folks like you and me pay in the thousands. I’m sure we agree on that. It isn’t right but my understanding is it isn’t illegal either. That isn’t stealing and In my view the problem isn’t with the billionaire, the problem is with the Tax Code and it should be changed to avoid the gaming of the system. We all use the Tax Code to our best possible outcome. I’m not going to give up my child tax credit or mortgage deduction (I don’t even know if that is still a thing) just because my neighbor may rent and not have kids. Trump avoided paying a bunch of taxes but the Code was written in a way that allows him, Buffet, Musk, Bezos, and every other super-rich business owner to take advantage of. The Code needs to change but I don’t think we should blame the folks smart enough to use it to their advantage, that’s likely how they got rich in the first place.

Michael Bloomberg’s returns likely look very similar to Trump’s.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

3 hours ago, greenminer said:

Not hard to find stories of the Trump brand bullying small businesses out of money and supposedly not paying contractors.

If this were so obviously theft, we probably wouldn't be talking about him as President.  But he has benefited from wealth his entire life: surrounded by tons of (other people's) money, armies of lawyers, and using those resources to behave right on the edge of what we define as legal.

Thanks for pointing those out, I was unaware. Do we know if they did these tactics at his direction or were there 5 levels of management in between him and the ruffians? I ask because I’m curious. Many times front line employees do things that are counter t what executive management may want.

We agree on the second part. Wealth certainly has its privileges. But in a way we all walk on the edge of legality at one point or another, maybe you drive a little too fast, maybe you don’t come to a full stop at all stop signs, maybe you take home a pen from the office, maybe you fail to produce identification, maybe you drink or smoke underage, maybe you break curfew, or refuse a lawful order. The rich folks just do it in a bigger way than us regular folks.

• Downvote 1