Big 10 To Start in October

MCMLXXX

6 hours ago, MCMLXXX said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29897305/sources-big-ten-announce-october-return

The MWC, and MAC are going to lose a whole season if they don't act fast. 

Strict standards when you have to postpone (5% of the team positive i.e. 5 -6 players (!), 21 days (!) isolation if you test positive.  No byes no OOC games, but definitely need to cancel games at some point. Wonder how the playoff comitte is going to look at a 6-0 Big ten champ vs a 11-0 C-USA or Sun belt champ. i fear i know, but its ridiculous.

23 hours ago, outoftown said:

Wonder how the playoff comitte is going to look at a 6-0 Big ten champ vs a 11-0 C-USA or Sun belt champ. i fear i know, but its ridiculous.

A 6-0 Ohio State will be in the College Football Playoffs.  The only reason they moved it up from their rumored late Nov start was because so many people were moaning about the potential of a 3 or 4 win Ohio State being auto selected by the committee. 

Remember the CFP Committee moved their selection day back just to give Big10 and PAC12 a chance to still get in.  The last thing they want is to have to pick App State, UCF, or UAB (although that Miami game screwed UAB) because even the CFP Committed knows no one wants 3 SEC teams and Clemson to be chosen.

On 9/16/2020 at 10:13 AM, MCMLXXX said:

The MWC, and MAC are going to lose a whole season if they don't act fast. 

The MWC is now looking to play football starting in late October. 

Hawaii will not be playing. Sucks for any player that may have transferred there.

https://mwwire.com/2020/09/16/mountain-west-looking-to-play-an-eight-game-schedule-per-report/

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1