Anyone going to Houston?

Hunter Green

Won’t be there, but was there last Christmas when I drove down to see my sister in Pearland.  Usually go Highway 6 but I chose   I-45 this time but  had forgotten downtown H-Town traffic.  When I-45 downtown is moving briskly (I swear) you’d think you were inside Denton County’s Texas Motor Speedway taking a lap.  Otherwise, as a youth I have such fond memories of the Bayou City.  One memory toward the top of the list is that it was at Rice U where I attended my first college football game.  It was Jess Neely’s Owls (with the Coach in his famous 2 piece brown suit) vs John Bridgers Baylor Bears. In a totally different era, I can never forget the light aroma of burnt pipe tobacco & cigars permeating inside 72,000 seat Rice Stadium. Some gents dressed in suits while others donned light tan Stetsons with casual western wear. (Dammit’, I miss the SWC)! 
 I’ll stop before this goes into a manifesto mode.🙄 
❤️ Love Houston but moreso as a visitor of late. 

GMG!

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 4
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Won’t be there, but was there last Christmas when I drove down to see my sister in Pearland.  Usually go Highway 6 but I chose   I-45 this time but  had forgotten downtown H-Town traffic.  When I-45 downtown is moving briskly (I swear) you’d think you were inside Denton County’s Texas Motor Speedway taking a lap.  Otherwise, as a youth I have such fond memories of the Bayou City.  One memory toward the top of the list is that it was at Rice U where I attended my first college football game.  It was Jess Neely’s Owls vs John Bridgers Baylor Bears. The aroma of burning pipe tobacco, cigar permeating 72,000 seat Rice Stadium with some gents dressed in suits while others donned light tan Stetsons with western wear.  I’ll stop before this goes into a manifesto mode.  Love Houston but moreso as a visitor of late. 

GMG!

GMG!

I don't remember the last time I was in Houston where there wasn't a backup of 15 minutes or more lol

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Harris County is still the COVID-19 Capital of Texas, per the state of Texas statistics. I won’t be making it down this year.  If a TV or streaming announcement isn’t made soon, I may be kicking it old school, huddled around a radio.  

Watch party?

• Upvote 2

On 9/14/2020 at 11:52 AM, UNT 90 Grad said:

Harris County is still the COVID-19 Capital of Texas, per the state of Texas statistics. I won’t be making it down this year.  If a TV or streaming announcement isn’t made soon, I may be kicking it old school, huddled around a radio.  

No "unofficial" watch party location??

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 9/14/2020 at 8:18 PM, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

UH website. I called the UNT ticket office and they said they wouldn't put them on sale until next week, but I wanted to get them in advance because they were a good price.

I called this morning and was told our ticket office is not selling tickets to any away games. So, there you go.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Hunter Green said:

I called this morning and was told our ticket office is not selling tickets to any away games. So, there you go.

Ah well I guess they changed it. I wonder why they aren't because I'm pretty sure most schools get a amount of tickets

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Obviously... but that doesn't really explain why we aren't getting a number of tickets 

Well speak it into existence, why don't ya:

1632903546_ScreenShot2020-09-16at1_49_55PM.png.2da79cd39865577e78f89486e6418f1a.png

LINK: https://offer.fevo.com/football-vs-north-texas-9xmyped-e1f368c?fevoUri=football-vs-north-texas-9xmyped-e1f368c%2F

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 2