Pelosi should admit her wrongdoing

44 minutes ago, ColoradoEagle said:

Because the overall message is to wear a mask. If she messed up, she messed up. If it was a setup, it was a setup. I honestly don't care.

This is peak "gotcha!" politics.

She messed up on purpose after telling everyone else to follow the rules.  The problem is the optics of a government official telling the public to do one thing and then acting like you are above everyone else.

In all honesty, I heard she misread the sign on the door thinking it said "Saloon" instead of "Salon".  That makes more sense to me.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1

19 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

She messed up on purpose after telling everyone else to follow the rules.  The problem is the optics of a government official telling the public to do one thing and then acting like you are above everyone else.

You mean like how Trump says we should be doing less testing, but gets every single person he comes into direct contact with tested?

Cut the transparent pearl clutching bullshit.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

56 minutes ago, ColoradoEagle said:

You mean like how Trump says we should be doing less testing, but gets every single person he comes into direct contact with tested?

She needs to take the L on this one.  It's a bad look.   
It doesn't discount Trump's mistakes.  Those can stand alone as well.

A huge part of my utter disdain for American politics is that we can't be honest about my party's shortcomings/mistakes.  We have to immediately downplay their actions, and turn the tables to point out what the other side is doing that is similar or worse.

"...but Hilary's Emails!!!", "...but Trump's a Racist!!!" , "... but Chicago's crime!!!", "... but collusion with Russia!!!" , "... but his Covid response!!!",  etc...   It's a never-ending cycle.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ColoradoEagle said:

Pearl Clutching?  Sorry, didn't mean to upset  you.  This wasn't "gotcha" politics.  This was a woman doing what she has told others not to do.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

8 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Pearl Clutching?  Sorry, didn't mean to upset  you.  This wasn't "gotcha" politics.  This was a woman doing what she has told others not to do.

Pearl clutching. As in, you support a President who called the whole thing a hoax, has been photographed wearing a mask exactly once, has purposefully downplayed everything, and is currently holding rallies with no social distancing or masks in sight.

So what is meant by the phrase is that you don't actually give a damn. You only care because you feel like it allows you to run up points for your team.

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoEagle said:

Pearl clutching. As in, you support a President who called the whole thing a hoax, has been photographed wearing a mask exactly once, has purposefully downplayed everything, and is currently holding rallies with no social distancing or masks in sight.

So what is meant by the phrase is that you don't actually give a damn. You only care because you feel like it allows you to run up points for your team.

Lighten up.  You inserted Trump into this discussion.

Steven gerrard GIF - Find on GIFER

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

I typically cannot stand Pelosi but I don’t give a rat’s ass if she didn’t wear a mask from a shampoo chair to a hair cutting chair. I feel like the mask thing is a real reach by Republicans looking to make her look like she is telling you to do one thing and then doing something different herself. I don’t think she was doing that at all. She is probably just regurgitating the horseshit she is told to a say by the powers that be anyhow. There is no way she believes everything that comes out of her own mouth.

Now, having said that about her and the mask thing that is much ado about nothing, if it is true that salons were closed or only allowed to serve clients outdoors and she received special privilege to be served indoors, then I have a real problem with that. I don’t live in Cali so I don’t know if that part was true or not.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

She was given special treatment.

Fake outrage?  Outrage is a little over the top. I asked why you wouldn’t care. That is all. You seem to really worked up and I’m not sure why other than you hold Pelosi in high regard, don’t like how this situation has made her look and you hate Trump and Republicans. That’s okay, you have every right to like whoever you want. 

• Eye Roll 1

8 hours ago, ColoradoEagle said:

Talk about transparent - Doesn't matter if it's a Dem, but if it's Trump you have a melt down?

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2