How are you feeling about SMUt?

97and03

What say you now?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. After seeing HBU torch Tech, how are you feeling about the SMUt game?

• More confident - we win
    • More confident - we have a fighting chance
    • Same - we win
    • Same - we lose
    • Less confident

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/19/2020 at 12:00 PM

I feel like our talent on the field is better than last year's game vs SMU. If the Oline grows from the first game, we tackle like we did the first game, and we don't turn the ball over...we absolutely have a fighting chance. SMU fans don't, some of the players don't, but I guarantee you Sonny Dykes is a little nervous game planning for Bean...he's a wildcard with his running ability. They shouldn't be able to sack Bean, or Aune for that matter, 5 times like they sacked Fine last year...they're both more mobile than Fine was. And the offense is moving faster....which will help.

However this whole season to me is the "I hope Littrell proves me wrong and changes my mind" season. I don't think the line is out yet but I'm going to guess SMU will be favored by 10-14 points? If we win Saturday, this will be the best win under Littrell...history shows that when he plays good teams, not only does he lose, he gets the doors blown off. I'm hoping the talent improvement will show.

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

almost like once teams got tape on all the newcomers they were able to make adjustments...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Once teams realized that Nelson, our playmaking machine at LB and transfer from Illinois, was below average in pass coverage they torched us if they had the necessary personnel.  Memphis, ECU, and FAU all feasted.  Fine tried to take advantage but had a couple poor passes mask the gameplan - he underthrew a receiver Nelson was covering by a country mile and Nelson got an easy INT out of it. 

It's why I asked about your receivers and DB's - I expect us to improve on the line on both sides for the second game but if we find ourselves losing a few battles to those position groups it will turn into a bog for us pretty quickly.   Don't expect that to happen. 

Ponies 44

Greenies 24

• Upvote 2
  • Ray 1
  • Sad 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

3 hours ago, SMUleopold said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Once teams realized that Nelson, our playmaking machine at LB and transfer from Illinois, was below average in pass coverage they torched us if they had the necessary personnel.  Memphis, ECU, and FAU all feasted.  Fine tried to take advantage but had a couple poor passes mask the gameplan - he underthrew a receiver Nelson was covering by a country mile and Nelson got an easy INT out of it. 

It's why I asked about your receivers and DB's - I expect us to improve on the line on both sides for the second game but if we find ourselves losing a few battles to those position groups it will turn into a bog for us pretty quickly.   Don't expect that to happen. 

Ponies 44

Greenies 24

💚🤍🖤 He went.........Adaway!💥💫☄️

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SMUleopold said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ponies 44

Greenies 24

We're going to run all over your asses with our RB stable. Buckle up buttercup.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2