Woe is us

TechBulldog11

2 minutes ago, TechBulldog11 said:

Sun Belt just bagged three P5 wins in one day...We need to collectively pick up the pace or we will soon be known as the worst conference in America.

Outside of UNT, La Tech, UAB, Marshall and sometimes WKU, the rest of the conference is more or less god awful.

We are already the worst, but I don't think anyone thought the SBC would be better than the AAC

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1

6 minutes ago, TechBulldog11 said:

Sun Belt just bagged three P5 wins in one day...We need to collectively pick up the pace or we will soon be known as the worst conference in America.

Outside of UNT, La Tech, UAB, Marshall and sometimes WKU, the rest of the conference is more or less god awful.

CUSA - West is already considered the worst in the FBS by many, I hate to say. 
https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, TechBulldog11 said:

Soon??

We’ve been the worst for awhile now, especially since Appy State starting winning big and getting ranked as a FBS team.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

Respect has to be earned,  we need to win a lot and not lose to teams we should not lose to.  We need to beat some good teams and then we can worry about everyone else.   Also when we go to a bowl game we need to start winning them.  Winning cures everything.  We can start this week by beating SMU.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, NT91 said:

Dump Rice

Disagree 100% - I like the academic reputation Rice and also the opportunity to play  in Houston every other year.   I have been to Lafayette and it is nice little town (great seafood).  I would be fine with adding them but I think our friends in Ruston may have had an issue with it in the past.  I know UL wanted to get into the C-USA at one time.

25 minutes ago, Harry said:

Disagree 100% - I like the academic reputation Rice and also the opportunity to play  in Houston every other year.   I have been to Lafayette and it is nice little town (great seafood).  I would be fine with adding them but I think our friends in Ruston may have had an issue with it in the past.  I know UL wanted to get into the C-USA at one time.

Exactly (since I can’t upvote)

• Upvote 3

First of all, can we all agree this year is going is just going to be crazy. There will be crazy winners, losers and conference champions.

As for ranking conferences, all of the G5 conferences are close enough that the variances from year to year mean there is not going to be a consistent ranking of the conferences. Before the last round of realignment, there it was much tougher for a conference wide improvement. After the last realignment, everyone was weaker but the strongest G5 lost the most. Membership changes have made the MAC, SBC, CUSA, MWC and AAC all close enough in the middle and bottom that a stand out year by a mid-level team elevates the whole conference. 

• Upvote 1

We didn't leave the SBC because of the quality of Football. We left the SBC because of meaningful schools - to US.

Tulsa, Tulane, UTEP, LaTech, Rice, Marshall, ECU.

I would still rather play (and beat) LaTech, UAB, UTEP, Rice than U of L, Ark St., and La Monroe, USA - just the way it is for me.

It may change, but for now - I'm okay where we are. But to the original topic: I hope our conference starts winning more out of conference games, regardless of who they play.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1