Houston Baptist vs. Texas Tech

UNT 90 Grad

Man I wish HBU got a full season because I would follow this spunky team the rest of the year. They are fun to watch and could you imagine an HBU vs NDSU game in Frisco at the end of the year!  A bison husky battle in Toyota would be very entertaining. That would have been something to hope for in a year not named  2020. 

GMG

• Upvote 7
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, Green Crazy said:

I feel better about our defense for sure.

Both TTU and UNT gave up a lot of yards:  NT 569 and TT 600

A big difference though is that a lot of HBU yardage against NT was in garbage time against the subs

TT was almost beat and was playing starters for the most part

It is a pity that HBU has only three games scheduled.  Their last game is against La Tech.  I suspect the Bulldogs will have a battle on their paws. 

• Upvote 2

To be fair, this was TTU first game of the season and this was HBUs second so I expected some rust on TTU. That being said, they were six TD favorites and escaped with a two point victory. HBU really could have won this game. This makes me feel a lot better about our team. A lot of the yards and points that they gained against us was in garbage time when we had replaced starters. TTU played starters until the end. Now if TTU was supposed to be so much better than HBU, that means that HBU really made a huge jump between week one and week two. If we make a similar jump, we should be okay against SMU.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, NM Green said:

Man I wish HBU got a full season because I would follow this spunky team the rest of the year. They are fun to watch and could you imagine an HBU vs NDSU game in Frisco at the end of the year!  A bison husky battle in Toyota would be very entertaining. That would have been something to hope for in a year not named  2020. 

GMG

I think that coach at HBU is really good and may have some good job opportunities after this season.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Marty said:

Zach Kittley has great credentials alright. Wonder if he is an effective recruiter? 
 (He’s probably on TTech’s radar, too, especially after last night). 

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

With the extension (?) being offered this year if Zappee is not projected to get drafted I would not be surprised to see him take the Grad Transfer route. Have a feeling at 6'2" and 215 he would have a lot of opportunities. Will be interesting to see how he does in the Spring versus Southland teams.