Memphis/Houston game in danger

97and03

5 hours ago, Aquila_Viridis said:

I don't expect young people to put their lives on hold indefinitely because I might be too old and frail to survive this virus.

These are not just «young people» they are a team with mutual responsibility to do the right thing for each other and the school that is paying their way. 

• Upvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2

6 hours ago, Aquila_Viridis said:

I don't expect young people to put their lives on hold indefinitely because I might be too old and frail to survive this virus.

Big difference in putting your life on hold and taking responsibility for your actions.  The season has started and they put themselves at an undue risk

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1

7 hours ago, Aquila_Viridis said:

Kudos to you for your unselfish sentiment.  Hope we’re all back in Appogee soon with covid19 in the rear view mirror ! GMG

• Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 2

Yes blame the kids because the coaching staff had no say in what the players do. Weak leadership is at fault, from the coaching staff to the administration. There are going to be positive tests, so what, play your backups as punishment and lose the damn game because your coaches were too b**ch made to keep a group of kids of a damn party bus 

Edited by Salsa_Verde
  • Upvote 4
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 5

8 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

Yes blame the kids because the coaching staff had no say in what the players do. Weak leadership is at fault, from the coaching staff to the administration. There are going to be positive tests, so what, play your backups as punishment and lose the damn game because your coaches were too b**ch made to keep a group of kids of a damn party bus 

So your view is it the coaches fault for not locking down the team? A little confused. The education on what to do is out there and at some point the players have to take responsibility.  Seems too many want players to get a pass whenever something goes wrong.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Well guess what leadership starts at the top. Coaches failed in accountability team captains failed in enforcing the standards of the team (if there are any?) it was dumb and incidents like these will show which teams are serious about competing