Should fans tweet at high school recruits?

BillySee58

2 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Don't tweet at recruits, huh? In this interview, he says a big reason why he committed is because of the love he was getting from North Texas fans on Twitter. Recruits love the recruiting game and the praise they get from it. This is 2020 and we aren't Old Denton anymore. Care to back track now?

https://247sports.com/college/north-texas/Article/VarKeyes-Gumms-247-North-Texas-2021-Football-Commits-Tight-End-151303191/

SHHHHHH!! Don't anger them... plus it's already been talked about, so no point in bringing it up again.

Also, Billy deleted his comments to me saying they weren't so we can't technically say he said that 

Edited by NorthTexasSportsNetwork
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

SHHHHHH!! Don't anger them... plus it's already been talked about, so no point in bringing it up again.

Also, Billy deleted his comments to me saying they weren't so we can't technically say he said that 

Again, these are going to get hidden if they keep flooding this thread. Clearly this topic is very near and dear to you and others. I suggest starting another thread to discuss your favorite topic to your heart’s content. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Again, these are going to get hidden if they keep flooding this thread. Clearly this topic is very near and dear to you and others. I suggest starting another thread to discuss your favorite topic to your heart’s content. 

Laughter Lol GIF by Simply Social Media

Lol you make me laugh from all your clownery! Hilarious 

Well glad we landed Gumms! 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Had to make a whole new thread for this is ridiculous 

How is that ridiculous? This is a separate topic and doesn’t belong in a recruit’s thread. Definitely don’t understand how you think this is petty. The conversations are there in their entirety and can be continued without cluttering a recruit’s thread. 

You want to discuss Varkeyes Gumms, you do it in his thread. You want to discuss why you think it is important for fans to tweet at recruits, you do it here. Different threads for different discussions. Not complicated.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

Well right on time, North Texas is behind the power curve once again. I appreciate that some think it’s fine and not a big deal, some think it’s a NCAA violation, sure, that’s a stretch and not enforceable. I will say that it’s only a matter of time that athletes will be able to make money on their image...or “brand” if you will. There are people already getting paid on Instagram and YouTube, Tik Tok etc for the amount of followers they have. Recruits know this and you best believe they care how many people pay attention to them on social media. I’ve said this for 4 years we need to step up our social media presence because recruits do want that clout. It’s the future, let’s embrace it and not stick our head in the sand and pretend it’s not a thing. 

Go Mean Green  

Edited by Salsa_Verde
  • Upvote 1