UAB playing @Miami tonight 7pm

Tom McKrackin

I just now tuned in mid 3rd quarter.  The way UAB's o-line moved Miami around, I'm afraid we may not stand a chance stopping their run attack.  They have some big bodies up front.  We didn't get to see how our defense would hold up against the run vs. HB, but I don't hold a lot of confidence in our 3-3-5 scheme stopping the run.  Hope I'm wrong.  

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2

At the start of the 4th qtr, Miami has 318 yds rushing. 

Miami 31 UAB 14

UAB has a big OL but cannot move the Miami defensive line very much.

UAB is 2/13 on 3rd down conversions, and  has 9 punts on 4th down.

UAB’s QB Thompson has been under heavy pass rush pressure all game long.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, StealthEagle84 said:

I just now tuned in mid 3rd quarter.  The way UAB's o-line moved Miami around, I'm afraid we may not stand a chance stopping their run attack.  They have some big bodies up front.  We didn't get to see how our defense would hold up against the run vs. HB, but I don't hold a lot of confidence in our 3-3-5 scheme stopping the run.  Hope I'm wrong.  

ugh

5 minutes ago, Charlie NT 73 said:

All teams we will face this season has big bodies - but - so do we!

There are many ways to out play the big guys! I believe our coaches can out smart these big body teams!

If we can get pressure to UAB early and try to shut down the run first (since they run a lot) , we should be successful on defense.

O line better show up to Bham that day, or Bean is gonna be going out on a stretcher 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Our CUSA team did not look to impressive last night.   Listening to the announcers talk Miami QB King did not think to highly of UH after saying how honored he was to be playing at UM  blah, blah.  

Comparing Miami to Houston is like comparing the Yankees to the Pirates. One has won multiple titles in the last 35 years or so. The other gets to say they play at the same level, but they really don't.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 2