A new era for Seth Littrell and Mean Green football

Skipper

8 minutes ago, wardly said:

Responsibility vs Accountability . I hope I am dead wrong, but I feel out defense is as bad as last years. SMU really scares me.

Not at all. We had a new DC for this game, and last year we had the DC that couldn't execute anything.

It's not the best we've had, but I don't know how it could get worse than last season. More talent and chemistry, but smu is gonna give us fits

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Not at all. We had a new DC for this game, and last year we had the DC that couldn't execute anything.

It's not the best we've had, but I don't know how it could get worse than last season. More talent and chemistry, but smu is gonna give us fits

Some guy that says his name is Coach Mendoza is on the phone for you.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I have heard this from Brett Vito and maybe Matthew Brune (awesome reporter) as well. How bad was the chemistry last year? And why was it so bad? Really curious if anyone has any answers.

5 minutes ago, MeanGreen2019 said:

I have heard this from Brett Vito and maybe Matthew Brune (awesome reporter) as well. How bad was the chemistry last year? And why was it so bad? Really curious if anyone has any answers.

I heard there was arguing constantly, coaches didn’t fit well with each other, egos were through the roof... you could just tell it was off

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

19 minutes ago, MeanGreen2019 said:

Hard to have chemistry when 1 player is the voice for the whole team.  Different guys take to different leadership styles. Takes more than 1 IMO

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I heard there was arguing constantly, coaches didn’t fit well with each other, egos were through the roof... you could just tell it was off

22 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Hard to have chemistry when 1 player is the voice for the whole team.  Different guys take to different leadership styles. Takes more than 1 IMO

Interesting. I think we all knew something was off, they were too talented to go 4-8. They came out flat multiple times and just looked out of it most games. 

I think this season will be better. Also a side note, HBU is doing pretty well against Tech, so hopefully that calms down some of the questions regarding our defense (news flash Zappe is a stud).

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, MeanGreen2019 said:

Interesting. I think we all knew something was off, they were too talented to go 4-8. They came out flat multiple times and just looked out of it most games. 

I think this season will be better. Also a side note, HBU is doing pretty well against Tech, so hopefully that calms down some of the questions regarding our defense (news flash Zappe is a stud).

I mean if you looked at the sideline at all last year, it was almost always dead (minus Kason and 2 others)

Just not the best group of guys chemistry wise. Relied on Mason waay too much, and it seemed that there was little leadership.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

4 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Good points, IMO.

I remember Dickey talked one offseason about having a playmaker at every position (DL, LB, S, etc).  I wonder if he was talking about leadership, and not just athletic performance.

• Upvote 1