Attendance

GrayEagle

It appears that there were only six games played before an audience this past week and North Texas came in second in national attendance behind UAB.  The results:

UAB                   12,716

North Texas       7,611

Texas State        7,500

UTEP                   6,047

Army                    5,249

Memphis             4,537

It appears that the BYU/Navy and Southern Miss/South Alabama games were played before empty stands.  Mark this on your calendar.  It will be the first, last and only time that you will see us that high in "national" attendance.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

1 minute ago, GrayEagle said:

It appears that there were only six games played before an audience this past week and North Texas came in second in national attendance behind UAB.  The results:

UAB                   12,716

North Texas       7,611

Texas State        7,500

UTEP                   6,047

Army                    5,249

Memphis             4,537

It appears that the BYU/Navy and Southern Miss/South Alabama games were played before empty stands.  Mark this on your calendar.  It will be the first, last and only time that you will see us that high in "national" attendance.

The southern miss game had fans. They kept showing shots of people without masks on. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

The southern miss game had fans. They kept showing shots of people without masks on. 

I didn't see it.  The BYU/Navy game at BYU showed 0 but the Southern Miss site had no figure so they either didn't record attendance or have yet to report it although they have reported all other stats.

20 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

I didn't see it.  The BYU/Navy game at BYU showed 0 but the Southern Miss site had no figure so they either didn't record attendance or have yet to report it although they have reported all other stats.

State of Maryland refused Navy's request for exception to rule to allow any fans.

Because it only makes sense that if a school wants any fans in, it would be 100% the visitor's fans... 

I don't believe anyone, at any time in history, have considered sailors to be a disease free bubble. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Because it only makes sense that if a school wants any fans in, it would be 100% the visitor's fans... 

I don't believe anyone, at any time in history, have considered sailors to be a disease free bubble. 

game was played in Annapolis.  Same as West Point.  Army only allowed the cadets into the stadium.  Both being essentially Military bases, i assume no one is coming and going freely, thus making the whole academy an essential bubble..(may not be disease free, but a good chance is Covid free)...haha

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

game was played in Annapolis.  Same as West Point.  Army only allowed the cadets into the stadium.  Both being essentially Military bases, i assume no one is coming and going freely, thus making the whole academy an essential bubble..(may not be disease free, but a good chance is Covid free)...haha

Navy football stadium is off base in town.