Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

DRC: Breaking news (updated with Wallis' resignation letter) -- Tate Wallis has resigned


Recommended Posts

  • Harry featured this topic
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After 17 years of eligibility, I think Shanbour is old enough. I think he started here in the Bush administration. 😉  

SUP?

Todge was our QB/WR coach in the early nineties.  It's not like he came into the HC blind to the college experience. Some have argued here that his shortcoming was not his coaching ability, it was

20 minutes ago, WanderingEagle said:

Shanbour deserves that job.

Saw Shanbour a lot in the huddles last week counseling the offense. I absolutely agree he's got the acumen to do it, but there's got to be some awkwardness of being roughly the same age as one of the players you coach. Or hell, that may actually be more of an advantage.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, WanderingEagle said:

 

He probably shouldn't have been hired here in the first place but this could've been a much worse story. Shanbour deserves that job.

 

Could have been worse for sure.  Shanbour isn’t ready for this job.  My guess is they will keep it open for now since all the good ones already have jobs.  

  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • RV 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, WanderingEagle said:

He probably shouldn't have been hired here in the first place but this could've been a much worse story. Shanbour deserves that job.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Littrell hire someone else though.   Your GAs can't get out on the recruiting trail and whatnot.   We need all the help we can get on that front.   

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, WanderingEagle said:

He probably shouldn't have been hired here in the first place

Very clearly UNT did not know all of his issues, he was arrested and they were going to terminate him but gave him the option of resigning first.  This worked out about as good as possible 4 UNT.  

Edited by meangreen11
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Littrell hire someone else though.   Your GAs can't get out on the recruiting trail and whatnot.   We need all the help we can get on that front.   

They can offer him the job and remove him as a GA. He has like 3 Masters Degrees already. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Mike Canales - Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks - Staff Directory - The  University of Texas at El Paso Athletics

SUP?

I’ve missed weekly QB exams so terrible QBs can be starters and throw bubble screens....Maybe we can bring back McNulty and Josh Greer to help coach QBs, too!!

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • RV 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, greeneagle1 said:

They can offer him the job and remove him as a GA. He has like 3 Masters Degrees already. 

Has he learned enough about the recruiting game and made enough connections with high-school coaches (probably not) to warrant having that coveted paid position?   If the job was based on football knowledge alone, then I'd go for it.  But it's not.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

Has he learned enough about the recruiting game and made enough connections with high-school coaches (probably not) to warrant having that coveted paid position?   If the job was based on football knowledge alone, then I'd go for it.  But it's not.

Its for a position coach. Not the Offensive Coordinator. He just needs to be able to bring in 1 QB per class, for now. Drummond is already set for 2021. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, greeneagle1 said:

Its for a position coach. Not the Offensive Coordinator. He just needs to be able to bring in 1 QB per class, for now. Drummond is already set for 2021. 

That's not how recruiting works.   
He would be assigned a zone, and he would recruit all types of players from that zone.  Then, he would have to work on ALL QBs as well.

  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.