Baylor / LaTech Canceled

NTEX91

I posted the same in the other thread.

Word is now that there were not 38 positives, but an unknown number of positives and a bunch of contract tracing.

The remnants of Hurricane Laura knocked power out in parts of Ruston for almost a week so apparently there were a lot of sleepovers at places that had electricity that contributed to the contact tracing issues. Given that is a 14 day quarantine this puts our game @ USM in jeopardy as well. Could have ripple effect across CUSA scheduling.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Ya know we don’t play this week, right?

You are right, playing this weekend is not on the schedule....  ....yet.

Things are crazy, and get made up on the run, why not get a game scheduled the week of. The preparation lag would be the same for both schools. I am sure FOX wouldn't say no to airing it.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, TechBulldog11 said:

The remnants of Hurricane Laura knocked power out in parts of Ruston for almost a week so apparently there were a lot of sleepovers at places that had electricity that contributed to the contact tracing issues. Given that is a 14 day quarantine this puts our game @ USM in jeopardy as well. Could have ripple effect across CUSA scheduling.

Weird how that hurricane skipped over Baton Rouge and landed in Ruston....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 8

1 hour ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Weird how that hurricane skipped over Baton Rouge and landed in Ruston....

I am not sure what your point is or if you know about the hurricane, but Laura made landfall in Lake Charles near the TX/LA border and rode the border norther before turning east around Shreveport. Baton Rouge is hundreds of miles east of where the action happened.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TechBulldog11 said:

I am not sure what your point is or if you know about the hurricane, but Laura made landfall in Lake Charles near the TX/LA border and rode the border norther before turning east around Shreveport. Baton Rouge is hundreds of miles east of where the action happened.

Hope you all are recovering.  I've experienced two in my lifetime and it takes a while to get things back in order.  Thankfully it was a fast moving storm.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TechBulldog11 said:

yup, ran right over McNeese, ULL on the east edge, NW State direct and you guys were in the Cat 1 zone, hope campus is ok and getting cleaned up. 

Just now, UNTLifer said:

Did you all have any damage in Arkansas?

not in Central Area, just lots of rain and some wind. Believe SW Arkansas got lots of flooding, from previous rains, but the storm petered out and shifted east as it got into Arkansas. Had a few limbs down in front yard and driveway flooded, but nothing to bad. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, TechBulldog11 said:

I was reading the La Tech board and saw some comments about La Tech getting screwed by the state but not LSU...my response was not a well thought out one....

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, untbowler said:

not in Central Area, just lots of rain and some wind. Believe SW Arkansas got lots of flooding, from previous rains, but the storm petered out and shifted east as it got into Arkansas. Had a few limbs down in front yard and driveway flooded, but nothing to bad. 

Rained hard coming down basically sideways in Sherwood for less than 15 minutes. After the hard rain went out hour later wasn’t even sprinkling. Crazy for hard storm to shoot through so fast. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I was reading the La Tech board and saw some comments about La Tech getting screwed by the state but not LSU...my response was not a well thought out one....

All good. Many Tech fans complain about the state screwing over Tech, which they do, but LSU football has been pretty good to Tech when compared to the other state schools because Coach O and Holtz have a good relationship. We have held camps together that ULL has not been allowed to attend and I think Coach O steers kids to us that LSU doesnt have room for (see Amik Robertson)

• Upvote 4

38 minutes ago, TechBulldog11 said:

All good. Many Tech fans complain about the state screwing over Tech, which they do, but LSU football has been pretty good to Tech when compared to the other state schools because Coach O and Holtz have a good relationship. We have held camps together that ULL has not been allowed to attend and I think Coach O steers kids to us that LSU doesnt have room for (see Amik Robertson)

Congrats on the sloppy seconds

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1