Study: 250k COVID cases linked to Sturgis

As an Independent (not a Republican or Democrat) I usually vote for the party who doesn’t seem to want to destroy America so they can rebuild it in a way that would make George Soros & Saul Alinsky so proud.  I think the Founding Fathers from all the history that I took at UNT would most likely concur. 
🇺🇸 In remembrance of millions who died for this flag I gracefully respect it. 

• Upvote 6
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

9 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

where we go one, we go all?

Parlor is advertising itself on the premise that, eventually, truth wins.  They will not censor anything and the "hive effect" will weed out the lies.

For now, the Right discovered it first and they're having a party on it.

I'm anxiously waiting to see how this plays out.  Will the Left follow them for uninterrupted dialogue, or will each side get comfortable now they have their own, separate echo chamber?

• Upvote 1

I live my life in fear of the nefarious puppeteering of those who died in 1972. 

God save us if the acolytes of M.C. Escher are able to build These United States of America in their style of impossible geometry. 

Those Brave Colonists fought and died to protect us from stellated polyhedra and reflective tesselation. When I think of innocent schoolchildren potentially being forced to climb infinite recursive staircases for all eternity... I weep. That's not freedom. That's not democracy. 

Thomas Jefferson didn't take a break from raping slaves to declare our independence just so that Escherites could take over our country 200 odd years later and remake it in his horrifying image. 

If you think I'm being hyperbolic, I AM NOT. That's Escher's geometry, not me. 

55 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

Guess I don't get that reference

He’s a controversial comedian who is far from PC that has a right-leaning program. He’s already gotten crossways with YouTube before. I’d bet most on here would either love him or hate him because it is hard to not have a strong opinion one way or the other on this guy because he has a knack for upsetting people. I’d analogize him as sort of an extreme Barstool Sports version of Fox News.

Edit: I just checked YouTube and in his latest he is wearing a spit-hood which is something that would make most uncomfortable (including me) so make sure you take your heart and blood pressure meds before looking him up. It isn’t for the faint of heart.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Eye Roll 1

12 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

You are better than this.

7 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

This. Thanks

2977 people died on 9/11 and we've used those lives to justify 20 years of war and more lives lost. 

6% of 190K is still 11,400 people and it's just shrug shoulder emoji. 

save your piety. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 5

32 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

2977 people died on 9/11 and we've used those lives to justify 20 years of war and more lives lost. 

6% of 190K is still 11,400 people and it's just shrug shoulder emoji. 

save your piety. 

The wars had zero to do with the choices those people made to go to work that morning. It’s pretty sorry for you to dishonor their memory like that. They didn’t have a chance to take precautions like with a virus or a hurricane. For you to suggest they are equivalent is pretty petty. If you go lock yourself in a closet, you can keep yourself from getting Covid. If you drive up north, you can avoid an approaching hurricane. There isn’t shit you can do stuck 100 stories in the air with a Boeing 767 coming for you at over 500mph. They are not the same thing.

I get your side, you want to crush Covid at ALL costs, regardless if they cost millions of American livelihoods or young lives by suicide. But you have no right to dishonor those that had no way to avoid their fate. You absolutely have a choice to not get Covid by avoiding all person to person contact.  Whether you care to admit that or not is your problem.

• Upvote 4

41 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

The wars had zero to do with the choices those people made to go to work that morning. It’s pretty sorry for you to dishonor their memory like that. They didn’t have a chance to take precautions like with a virus or a hurricane. For you to suggest they are equivalent is pretty petty. If you go lock yourself in a closet, you can keep yourself from getting Covid. If you drive up north, you can avoid an approaching hurricane. There isn’t shit you can do stuck 100 stories in the air with a Boeing 767 coming for you at over 500mph. They are not the same thing.

I get your side, you want to crush Covid at ALL costs, regardless if they cost millions of American livelihoods or young lives by suicide. But you have no right to dishonor those that had no way to avoid their fate. You absolutely have a choice to not get Covid by avoiding all person to person contact.  Whether you care to admit that or not is your problem.

You realize you kind of contradict yourself by admitting that the best way to not contract the virus is to avoid contact with people but then say that we have to go to work to save the economy?

And most people didn’t have the luxury of staying home. Take grocery store and fast food workers as an example. These are low income citizens that get fired if they don’t work and get evicted if they don’t pay rent. And the least insured. Yet plenty of people showed up at their place of work without a mask - sometimes even resorting to violence or coughing on the minimum wage workers. Kind of like your statement in the first sentence of your post. Same for medical workers that were infected saving lives. 

Now I am not going as far as to directly correlate the two events like CBL did (although maybe look up the definition of hyperbole) but your logic isn’t quite tracking. 

10 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Standing Ovation Clapping GIF - StandingOvation Clapping - Discover & Share  GIFs

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

16 hours ago, 97and03 said:

You realize you kind of contradict yourself by admitting that the best way to not contract the virus is to avoid contact with people but then say that we have to go to work to save the economy?

And most people didn’t have the luxury of staying home. Take grocery store and fast food workers as an example. These are low income citizens that get fired if they don’t work and get evicted if they don’t pay rent. And the least insured. Yet plenty of people showed up at their place of work without a mask - sometimes even resorting to violence or coughing on the minimum wage workers. Kind of like your statement in the first sentence of your post. Same for medical workers that were infected saving lives. 

Now I am not going as far as to directly correlate the two events like CBL did (although maybe look up the definition of hyperbole) but your logic isn’t quite tracking. 

I give up. You win. I’m tired of arguing personal responsibility and probability because it gets nowhere. 

But one last point, if China(the epicenter) had the same infection rate as the US, they would’ve had 28 million cases of Covid with 840k deaths. They only reported 86k cases and 4600 deaths. If we applied those rates to the US, we would’ve only had 20k cases and 1k deaths. It doesn’t make sense that the place where it all originated has some of the lowest infection and death rates in the world. Ad isn’t it strange that the country that has benefitted most from this virus is the same country it originated in? The country with the absurdly low infection rates. The country that allegedly locked down domestic travel but continued to allow international travel.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

7 hours ago, 97and03 said:

it isn't even so much correlating the events themselves, just the manner in which many have dismissed the severity of the pandemic and it's loss of life b/c it wasn't a dramatic, acute incident like 9/11.

we decided that the loss of 3000 lives was worth 19 years (happy birthday!) of unlimited emotional, financial and human investment...$2-7 trillion, depending on the study...7000-8000 Americans killed in action.

but 190k dead? a $1200 check and maybe some bleach. 

9 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

again, save the piety and read the above. especially as you go blame now 900k people around the world for their own deaths.

the entire point is that it doesn't have to be a choice between stopping/dramatically slowing covid or 75% unemployment and destitution. had/if we approach the pandemic with the same fervor and investment we do "spreading democracy" we'd be in a far better position...we're a wealthy enough nation to have legitimately paid more people to stay home and slowed mechanism of our economy like mortgages/rent/loan re-payments...propped up small business in a more meaningful way than PPP...increased testing capacity and response...and had leadership that promoted a shared idea of sacrifice similar to what is preached in time of war. 

instead we get months of denial, refusals to do even the smallest of inconveniences and continued efforts to denigrate and I guess blame the dead, all wrapped in a this-is-just-about-trump flavored tortilla. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I give up. You win. I’m tired of arguing personal responsibility and probability because it gets nowhere. 

But one last point, if China(the epicenter) had the same infection rate as the US, they would’ve had 28 million cases of Covid with 840k deaths. They only reported 86k cases and 4600 deaths. If we applied those rates to the US, we would’ve only had 20k cases and 1k deaths. It doesn’t make sense that the place where it all originated has some of the lowest infection and death rates in the world. Ad isn’t it strange that the country that has benefitted most from this virus is the same country it originated in? The country with the absurdly low infection rates. The country that allegedly locked down domestic travel but contributed to allow international travel.

well...A. their 100% lying about the deaths and cases. 

but also...B. I'm pretty sure that if the Chinese government tells it's populace to quarantine, the Mandarin equivalent of Shelly Luther isn't going on state media TV from her open hair salon.    

• Upvote 1