Study: 250k COVID cases linked to Sturgis

43 minutes ago, CMJ said:

This is way deadlier than the flu.

The flu:

https://www.webmd.com/asthma/qa/how-many-people-die-from-the-flu

Pneumonia:

https://www.cdc.gov/dotw/pneumonia/index.html#:~:text=In the United States%2C more,the United States are adults.

Covid:

6.35 million cases in the U.S. with 190,000 deaths equals 3%

I am not trying to minimize this, but it has been politicized to death and I honestly don't know what numbers to believe.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

32 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I know this will only be for a little while though, so it's not so bad.

But what is the end game. At first it was flatten the curve. No cases? Herd Immunity? We social distance until the virus gives up and heads back to china? Or Bill Gates gets all his patents in order for a vaccine? How long do we go? My thoughts all a long have been the healthy ones should have kept on living as normal....The ones with the pre-existing conditions like heart disease, diabetes, COPD, cancer, obesity, etc should be the ones staying at home, not going out, and let the rest of us build up herd immunity. Everyone staying at home living in fear is just dragging this thing out.

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 3

4 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Of those numbers how many only had COVID? How many of those numbers got COVID while in hospital being treated for something else? How many hospitals mark COVID death for the patient with cancer to receive extra funding?

2500 9/11 victims had pre-existing conditions, so I'm gonna go ahead and round down that death total too.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 5

11 hours ago, CMJ said:

I will only ask, if you think our "inflated" numbers are politically motivated, what is the reason for the high death figures around the world?  Are they also somehow politically motivated?  Note, while we have the highest death figure in total numbers, as a percentage of our population we're at #10 (counting countries with at least a million citizens).  So, some countries are currently doing worse than we are.  Do their scientists want their government leaders out too?

I don't think there has been a Q-drop on this yet, so no one here will have an answer for you

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

48 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

But what is the end game. At first it was flatten the curve. No cases? Herd Immunity? We social distance until the virus gives up and heads back to china? Or Bill Gates gets all his patents in order for a vaccine? How long do we go? My thoughts all a long have been the healthy ones should have kept on living as normal....The ones with the pre-existing conditions like heart disease, diabetes, COPD, cancer, obesity, etc should be the ones staying at home, not going out, and let the rest of us build up herd immunity. Everyone staying at home living in fear is just dragging this thing out.

We did flatten the curve.   Once states started lifting restrictions & 're-opening', the curve took off again (remember around June, healthcare workers at Memorial Herman in Houston were saying their beds were full).  So we kinda had to reign it in again.
Honestly, I think if we can get a vaccine for it, we should be OK.    The actual Coronavirus that causes COVID19 is not one that rapidly mutates like the flu does, so ideally we'd deal with it like Polio or measles... it would be gone with an effective vaccine.

The problem with "healthy ones living as normal" is that you would essentially cut yourself off from your friends/family that have any sort of pre-existing conditions.   I certainly suppose you could do that.  I know I wouldn't want to though.   
And I know that if I accidentally transmitted it to a loved one who couldn't battle it and they died (while I barely felt much), I would feel incredibly guilty.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

for 190,000 Americans, 900,000 people worldwide it was a lot worse than mono or strep. they had a different "personal experience". 

so maybe your colloquial evidence isn't really a great standard?  

Again (and not attacking you), a little bit sick and death are not the only options. That is why I didn’t answer his question. If no one or only a couple people died, then look how much of a joke this virus is. These ghouls want a 50% death rate. There is nothing you can say to change their minds. The Q has them. 
No one cares about old people, cancer patients, etc. They are collateral damage right? They would die soon anyway right? Eugenics is a beautiful thing. And the rapture is coming soon anyway! 

And no one cares about health care workers either. Only a few months of this is no big deal. No psychological effect for them either as they hold cell phones to let children watch their dying parent’s last breath. And no impact on the families either. 
And lingering illnesses? BUT DID YOU DIE??? Who cares if you’re still suffering four months later and can’t catch your breath. DID YOU DIE? No, you didn’t. Heart damage similar to the effects of a heart attack your doctor said? So? DID YOU DIE??? Hey the leading cause of bankruptcy in the US is medical bills but no biggie if you get sick and hospitalized and/or need long term care. Medicine is really cheap in this country, right? And we all have health care and insurance, right?

So sick of hearing about death rates. You all would have enjoyed being here. We got to watch a few people die live on Facebook because they could get a doctor or medical advice in time because the hospitals were full. All Covid beds, all pneumonia wards. Then they started converting other wards to treat Covid and “pneumonia” patients (they finally admitted the hundreds of people filling the hospitals with bilateral pneumonia were Covid but just stopped testing and started treating them). They basically ran out of tests and equipment. Drugs sold out. Oxygen concentrators no where to be found (and the hoarding and price gouging that our wonderful human kind thrives on).
Daytime only “hospitals” opened all over the city. Over 20k treated just there the first week, in a city of around 1 million. Then they added night only hospitals. Keep in mind these “hospitals” were mostly school gyms or similar and you received some treatment and then had to leave. Ran out of medical personnel. Started emptying the medical schools and recalling retirees. Over 3000 medical professionals caught Covid here btw. Many died, including a lovely 23 year old girl in her final year of med school.
Honestly I don’t know what the death toll or the rate was here. I stopped checking and I don’t douchebaging care. 
Oh and you know what caused it all? People stopped wearing masks and started family parties and congregating after the initial government lockdown. They thought it was over. Went from around 50 cases a day to 1500 or more in just over a week or so. And like I said, they were not really even testing so those are just the ones with a positive test and not counting the thousands showing up with symptoms or the hundreds at home taking Tylenol and whatever damn herbs their grandmother said would work. You know because it is just the flu...

Could Be Worse Let It Go GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Again (and not attacking you), a little bit sick and death are not the only options. That is why I didn’t answer his question. If no one or only a couple people died, then look how much of a joke this virus is. These ghouls want a 50% death rate. There is nothing you can say to change their minds. The Q has them. 
No one cares about old people, cancer patients, etc. They are collateral damage right? They would die soon anyway right? Eugenics is a beautiful thing. And the rapture is coming soon anyway! 

And no one cares about health care workers either. Only a few months of this is no big deal. No psychological effect for them either as they hold cell phones to let children watch their dying parent’s last breath. And no impact on the families either. 
And lingering illnesses? BUT DID YOU DIE??? Who cares if you’re still suffering four months later and can’t catch your breath. DID YOU DIE? No, you didn’t. Heart damage similar to the effects of a heart attack your doctor said? So? DID YOU DIE??? Hey the leading cause of bankruptcy in the US is medical bills but no biggie if you get sick and hospitalized and/or need long term care. Medicine is really cheap in this country, right? And we all have health care and insurance, right?

So sick of hearing about death rates. You all would have enjoyed being here. We got to watch a few people die live on Facebook because they could get a doctor or medical advice in time because the hospitals were full. All Covid beds, all pneumonia wards. Then they started converting other wards to treat Covid and “pneumonia” patients (they finally admitted the hundreds of people filling the hospitals with bilateral pneumonia were Covid but just stopped testing and started treating them). They basically ran out of tests and equipment. Drugs sold out. Oxygen concentrators no where to be found (and the hoarding and price gouging that our wonderful human kind thrives on).
Daytime only “hospitals” opened all over the city. Over 20k treated just there the first week, in a city of around 1 million. Then they added night only hospitals. Keep in mind these “hospitals” were mostly school gyms or similar and you received some treatment and then had to leave. Ran out of medical personnel. Started emptying the medical schools and recalling retirees. Over 3000 medical professionals caught Covid here btw. Many died, including a lovely 23 year old girl in her final year of med school.
Honestly I don’t know what the death toll or the rate was here. I stopped checking and I don’t douchebaging care. 
Oh and you know what caused it all? People stopped wearing masks and started family parties and congregating after the initial government lockdown. They thought it was over. Went from around 50 cases a day to 1500 or more in just over a week or so. And like I said, they were not really even testing so those are just the ones with a positive test and not counting the thousands showing up with symptoms or the hundreds at home taking Tylenol and whatever damn herbs their grandmother said would work. You know because it is just the flu...

100% and certainly didn't take it as an attack. I went for the hyperbole hoping that even meeting in the middle might get someone to realize this isn't just the sniffles. 

our uber-patriotism is so ironic to me, because more than anything, we've fully exposed how selfish the people of this country are. no one cares about their fellow Americans, let alone their neighbors, enough to be bothered with inconveniencing themselves. 

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 2

Heard on KRLD1080  yesterday that hospitals can make money with more death certificates that say: “Cause of death:  COVID-19.” 

••• Herman Cain was in the 4’th stage of cancer yet his cause of death?  His death certificate said COVID-19. In America merely follow the money trail. 

There are some in this country who would politicize a popcorn fart if it would help their agenda or get votes.  Seems all this politicization of just about “everything” really took off after January of 2009. 

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 5

5 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Heard on KRLD1080  yesterday that hospitals can make money the more death certificates say: “Cause of death:  COVID-19.” 

Herman Cain was in the 4’th stage of cancer yet his cause of death?  His death certificate said COVID-19.  There are some in this country who would politicize a popcorn fart if it would help their agenda or get votes.  Seems all this politicization of “everything” really took off after January of 2009.  

if Herman Cain, with Stage 4 cancer, had been mauled to death by a bear what would his cause of death have been? 

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

16 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Step away from CNN for a second man! 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 5

Just FYI - Herman Cain had Stage 4 cancer in 2006-2007.  He seems to have been cured since as far as anyone knows, he hadn't had it over a decade.

As far as the  politicization of everything goes, I'd say it goes back to at least the aftermath of the Iraq War. So 2003-ish. 

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, CMJ said:

So, are the countries doing worse than us also misrepresenting how bad it is?

Well, it stands to reason that China is almost certainly lying about their counts.

Additionally, isn’t it odd that Sweden who everyone pointed to as an example of what not to do now has fewer deaths per million population than the US? 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Well, it stands to reason that China is almost certainly lying about their counts.

Additionally, isn’t it odd that Sweden who everyone pointed to as an example of what not to do now has fewer deaths per million population than the US? 

Sweden has 25 people per sq km.

21 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Sweden has 25 people per sq km.

This is true except that very few people in Sweden live in the northern or rural areas. 87% of Sweden’s population in 2018-2019 lives in settlements of at least 200 people. The population density of these areas was 1,437 Swedes per square kilometer. Not as spread out as the size of the country would make you think, much like Alaska.

https://www.scb.se/en/finding-statistics/statistics-by-subject-area/environment/land-use/localities-and-urban-areas/pong/statistical-news/localities-2018/

Edited by Cr1028
  • Eye Roll 1