USM to fire Hopson Tomorrow

TechBulldog11

2 minutes ago, TechBulldog11 said:

Not sure. I just read it was due to "confusion between players, coaches and parents."

Kind of cryptic.

This season has been nothing but confusion so far. I did hear that a lot of the team was caught up in protests and such. I do t care which side of the fence they are on, but at this point, focus should be on playing football. If he let them off the reservation for that....maybe....but right now is not the time to fire someone because of a 1st game loss. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 3

Just now, MeanGreen_MBA said:

This season has been nothing but confusion so far. I did hear that a lot of the team was caught up in protests and such. I do t care which side of the fence they are on, but at this point, focus should be on playing football. If he let them off the reservation for that....maybe....but right now is not the time to fire someone because of a 1st game loss. 

Based on what I am reading on Twitter from the USM universe, most fans are happy. For whatever reason, he has worn out his welcome there. It doesn't sound like an overreaction to week 1.

• Thanks 1

Interestingly, Hopson and Littrell are very similar in their overall success in C-USA. Both started in 2016. Hop has a 28-23 overall record with a 1-2 bowl record at USM. Littrell has an overall record of 28-25 with 3 bowl losses at North Texas. But, while Littrell is the highest paid coach in C-USA at $1.865 million, Hopson was the lowest at $500,000. That said, Littrell is 3-1 versus Hopson in the Eagle Rivalry.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Was he the one that tried to hire CAB as the offensive coordinator before the backlash or was that someone else?

Yes... he had some other questionable decisions as well

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1