Guyton to start for the Chargers

MeanGreen_MBA

24 minutes ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

Guyton has been targeted 8 times this season and has 6 receptions for 174 yards and two touchdowns.

Guyton, Wilson Jr, Fine was one hell of a trio. 

Don't forget Bussey. We hold these guys, especially Fine, in high regard, but looking at the team now I still feel like we didn't really know how good those guys were while we had them. Feels like the program should have done more winning with all of that firepower than they did.

Edited by Gibbz
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Gibbz said:

Don't forget Bussey. We hold these guys, especially Fine, in high regard, but looking at the team now I still feel like we didn't really know how good those guys were while we had them. 

It's been suggested that they (esp. Fine) were so good that they often disguised how bad we really were.

I don't completely buy that, but maybe it's time to give it some serious talk.

• Upvote 3

On 10/12/2020 at 8:38 PM, Gibbz said:

Don't forget Bussey. We hold these guys, especially Fine, in high regard, but looking at the team now I still feel like we didn't really know how good those guys were while we had them. Feels like the program should have done more winning with all of that firepower than they did.

I would also say you need to mention Michaell Lawerence and Jaelon Darden.

• Upvote 1

Really glad to see this happening for him! Admittedly I was one of those who questioned his decision to turn pro when he did. Excited it’s working out for him. Timing, team and situation are everything when you sign. Hope he can develop great chemistry with Herbert this year, and that turns into him staying around the Chargers a long while. 

• Upvote 6

Who are the best offensive players in the NFL to have ever come out of UNT? Cobbs and Dunbar had some success, but not sure who else before that. Wilson already has more career NFL TDs than those two had combined for their careers, but Wilson still behind Dunbar on scrimmage yards because of Lance’s receiving. Guyton starting to rack up big yardage plays weekly.

Edited by BillySee58

57 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Who are the best offensive players in the NFL to have ever come out of UNT? Cobbs and Dunbar had some success, but not sure who else before that. Wilson already has more career NFL TDs than those two had combined for their careers, but Wilson still behind Dunbar on scrimmage yards because of Lance’s receiving. Guyton starting to rack up big yardage plays weekly.

Brian Waters?  (Six Pro Bowls) 

1 hour ago, BillySee58 said:

Limiting to skill positions (so no Brian Waters) and in my lifetime, maybe Erric Pegram?

I'm hoping Guyton can parlay being the "deep pass" guy into becoming more of a regular weapon in the offense. I know there's still some refinement issues in his game, so hopefully he can utilize the opportunities he's getting right now.

• Upvote 2