SMU

emmitt01

19 hours ago, NM Green said:

Agree.  This isn’t 2019 where I had high hopes going into the season with Mason as a senior. That dash of hope on the hilltop was more like a gash that sliced deep. I left that stadium dejected, and it felt like we never recovered.  

I just hope to see continued progress of the individual teams and development of all quarterbacks. I liked our discipline for the most part last week. If we play a clean focused game I will be satisfied.  Also hope to see Bean play well under physical and speed pressure. 

Expectations in check. Will be a fun night!

GMG

Oh man the walk of shame going out of Ford Stadium was awful! And the parking was so far away, it made the walk worse!

Not to mention the douche fans and students (the few that they have) 

I wasn’t there, but it was the year before I got interested in UNT Football and in 1989, on SMU’s Homecoming, we were so nice as to play them at Ownby in their first year back from the Death Penalty. All I know is that SMU won two games that year—a last play win at home against UConn and they absolutely butt-kicked us, 35-9. How that ever happened just seems so unbelievable to me—-I mean, we weren’t terrible and Corky’s teams were always pretty competitive against SWC teams that weren’t very good. To me, that would have to be the worst and most embarrassing loss we have suffered against the Ponies. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

I wasn’t there, but it was the year before I got interested in UNT Football and in 1989, on SMU’s Homecoming, we were so nice as to play them at Ownby in their first year back from the Death Penalty. All I know is that SMU won two games that year—a last play win at home against UConn and they absolutely butt-kicked us, 35-9. How that ever happened just seems so unbelievable to me—-I mean, we weren’t terrible and Corky’s teams were always pretty competitive against SWC teams that weren’t very good. To me, that would have to be the worst and most embarrassing loss we have suffered against the Ponies. 

I was at that miserable game.   The worst part is that SMU had lost the game before 21-95 to Houston. 

• Upvote 1