I'm not saying I'm just saying

ntmeangreen11

13 hours ago, TheNewEra said:

There’s more important things going on in the world than college football currently. 

Tell me at what time in football history is there not many more things going on more important than football.

If anything, it is the most important time in history for football.   Yes, some of us need some relief from constant worry about coronavirus, race relations, riots in the street and the general state of the economy.   

For over three hours during the game, I didn't think of any of those things.  I maybe unique, but I considered that great.  

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

For over three hours during the game, I didn't think of any of those things.  I maybe unique, but I considered that great.  

Amen to that brother !  For the first time in months when I said  “...what the hell is going wrong in this world ?!?”  I was talking about a blown snap from center or a lousy pick.  Go Mean Green !!!!

• Upvote 2

I have been critical of Littrell....and I still say his success to this point has been a mirage.....he beats really bad teams...gets destroyed by good teams. Last year's debacle was somewhat injury related....but it also showed how poor his recruiting was the first 2-3 years here. 

However...he can change my mind this year. Even without Mason Fine. His recruiting the past couple of years has been good. We should see a talent difference on the field this year and we'll see if he is improving our talent. 

I expect a winning season this year, EVEN WITHOUT MASON FINE....if not, then it's status quo with him.

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

After yesterday Littrell is now 28-25 with five of those victories coming against FCS schools Bethune-Cookman, Lamar, Incarnate Word, Abilene Christian and Houston Baptist. We have also been flat out embarrassed in games against upper tier G5 schools.

I want to reiterate I am not calling for his job but the defense looked BAD yesterday and that's been a staple of his tenure here. If you think we're going to hold either Houston or SMU under 35 points we didn't watch the same game. If things don't change we will get our doors blown off by two in state schools we should be able to compete against, hope I'm wrong.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

On 9/5/2020 at 8:49 AM, ntmeangreen11 said:

Seth Littrell is 27-25 over 4 seasons with zero conference championships, three bowl losses in which the defense gave up 47 PPG and one of the highest paid coaches in CUSA with best facilities and resources we have ever had. I'm not saying he's on the hot seat but he should be if we're not in the hunt for a conference championship.

If we end up with 4 wins again we should be raising hell there is no excuse for mediocrity now.

Think there isn't pressure on Littrell?  Look at USM.  They fired their coach who 4 winning records in 4 years with 3 bowl trips!

• Eye Roll 1

Think there is more to the story than an opening day loss.   Two of their top defensive players opt out of the season and entered the portal.  Couple of others as well.  They must have agreed to pay him off otherwise why resign get fired and take the check.

Maybe SOMO will opt out of the rest of the season and start over in the Spring or next fall.

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 3