I'm not saying I'm just saying

ntmeangreen11

Let's see how Seth has controlled this team. Jay Hopson lost control of the Golden Eagles this last week due to all the "social justice" demonstrations the FB team participated in. No focus on the job at hand and South Alabama embarrassed them.

Assuming we play 11 games he needs to win 5 or 6 to keep this subject on the back burner.

• Upvote 8
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 15

47 minutes ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

Seth Littrell is 27-25 over 4 seasons with zero conference championships, three bowl losses in which the defense gave up 47 PPG and one of the highest paid coaches in CUSA with best facilities and resources we have ever had. I'm not saying he's on the hot seat but he should be if we're not in the hunt for a conference championship.

If we end up with 4 wins again we should be raising hell there is no excuse for mediocrity now.

I agree that we definitely should not be expecting and tolerating another losing record in back to back years. Legit CUSA title contender might be setting the bar for this season a bit high given that we’re replacing one of the best QB’s in UNT history with someone with minimal game experience. 

That said, as I mentioned in another thread, if coach could get that first year team with players from the previous regime to 5 wins, there is ZERO reason that we should not be bowl eligible at the end of this season.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

Seth Littrell is 27-25 over 4 seasons with zero conference championships, three bowl losses in which the defense gave up 47 PPG and one of the highest paid coaches in CUSA with best facilities and resources we have ever had. I'm not saying he's on the hot seat but he should be if we're not in the hunt for a conference championship.

If we end up with 4 wins again we should be raising hell there is no excuse for mediocrity now.

Couldn't agree more, but at least we have been to a championship unlike Southern Miss who wants Hopson gone

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RBP79 said:

Let's see how Seth has controlled this team. Jay Hopson lost control of the Golden Eagles this last week due to all the "social justice" demonstrations the FB team participated in. No focus on the job at hand and South Alabama embarrassed them.

Assuming we play 11 games he needs to win 5 or 6 to keep this subject on the back burner.

There’s more important things going on in the world than college football currently. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Downvote 6

4 hours ago, Harry said:

I respectfully disagree.

Idk if you’re aware but there’s a pandemic & giant movement against police brutality happening every day. Saying respectfully doesn’t change how incredibly insensitive your comment it is. 

• Upvote 1
  • RV 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 11

1 minute ago, TheNewEra said:

Idk if you’re aware but there’s a pandemic & giant movement against police brutality happening every day. Saying respectfully doesn’t change how incredibly insensitive your comment it is. 

Did you specifically come to a football forum to tell us how awful all of us are for being excited about football?  

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

Nope I’m freaking stoked for college football to be back. I didn’t start this conversation, someone decided start this.  

“Jay Hopson lost control of the Golden Eagles this last week due to all the "social justice" demonstrations the FB team participated in. No focus on the job at hand and South Alabama embarrassed them.“

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, TheNewEra said:

Nope I’m freaking stoked for college football to be back. I didn’t start this conversation, someone decided start this.  

“Jay Hopson lost control of the Golden Eagles this last week due to all the "social justice" demonstrations the FB team participated in. No focus on the job at hand and South Alabama embarrassed them.“

We are just excited about the game that’s all.  We know the world is messed up.  Give us this one day for our sanity please.

• Upvote 6
  • Ray 1
  • RV 1
  • Downvote 1

I seriously don't understand yall that throw a fit over one disappointing season. He gave us three straight bowl years, two nine win seasons, and our first conference championship appearance in 15 years. We hadn't seen success like that in a long time. Yes he had a down year in 2019, but as long as we are bowl eligible in 2020 we have nothing to complain about.

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 2

4 minutes ago, NTSU52 said:

I seriously don't understand yall that throw a fit over one disappointing season. He gave us three straight bowl years, two nine win seasons, and our first conference championship appearance in 15 years. We hadn't seen success like that in a long time. Yes he had a down year in 2019, but as long as we are bowl eligible in 2020 we have nothing to complain about.

So it begins... Before the first set of downs is even played. 

Are you from the future? Did it really not go well?

back to the future GIF

• Confused 1