No Green Brigade Tomorrow

Talon90

If this season gets to conference play I will be shocked.  If we can’t get the band to a game, how will contact sports survive?  Hope I am wrong.  That’s why I kept my freshman daughter home from campus and online this semester.  Hate it for her as she was set to live in the Joe Greene Residence Hall.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 2

Yes, it is the right decision. 

On a historical note, I suspect this will be the first time in about a 100 years that a game was played without the band. Even the great snow storm game (NTSU-Florida State) in 1975 had at least a small group there.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, NTEX91 said:

If this season gets to conference play I will be shocked.  If we can’t get the band to a game, how will contact sports survive?  Hope I am wrong.  That’s why I kept my freshman daughter home from campus and online this semester.  Hate it for her as she was set to live in the Joe Greene Residence Hall.

Our high school plays in 4A.  School has been back in-person for 2 1/2 weeks, the football team has played two games and the full band, cheerleaders, drill team and other spirit squads have performed.  Our side of the stands are full but social distanced with masks.  So far, no issues for anyone.  I question why this can be done on the high school level with kids, but not with 18+ y/o adults who are in college.  Oh well, happy to have some version of college football today - GMG!

• Upvote 5
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

57 minutes ago, Philip Ferguson said:

Our high school plays in 4A.  School has been back in-person for 2 1/2 weeks, the football team has played two games and the full band, cheerleaders, drill team and other spirit squads have performed.  Our side of the stands are full but social distanced with masks.  So far, no issues for anyone.  I question why this can be done on the high school level with kids, but not with 18+ y/o adults who are in college.  Oh well, happy to have some version of college football today - GMG!

Because proper precautions can be more easily enforced at the high school level.  College students don’t behave responsibly enough to mirror the success you’re seeing.  Dorms are Petri dishes even in normal years.  

Edited by tmjerm
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Eye Roll 1