Should Coach Wallis be let go?

Should Coach Wallis be let go?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should Coach Wallis be let go?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Very valid. Could also ask what if that was your, father/brother that was being accused? Would you want them to get due process?

I would want “evidence” hard evidence that proves he was “quilty” not just a teenager who wants mother F’ing attention. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 8

4 minutes ago, TruthWins said:

I would ask what happened, when she said that it happened during practices and game i would say well how the hell has someone not seen this happen? Oh ok keep trying with more bs to make Wallis look bad. When he comes back after he wins in court.. And UNT starts scoring more and more and more then your whole narrative will Change and you will want him to stay. 

I'm not picking a side here, but would point out that a ton of parents would not share your sentiment.

My family has a very personal experience in line with what you're arguing.  I wouldn't make any assumptions about anybody here.  But I do think this is a situation where 1) most parents will run through walls and shoot people if their own kids simply claimed to be violated and, unfortunately 2) careers/lives can be unjustly ruined because of this.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Not Tate. I have heard the exact story @TruthWinsis saying. This is nothing more than an anti Art Briles regime hit led by Brenda Tracy.  The truth will eventually come to light. 

if this was anyone else besides a member of Art Briles old staff this would have been over with when Argyle High School investigating came back with not a damn thing. 

Except they've spent months investigating the claims and felt there was enough evidence to arrest him. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, TruthWins said:

I would want “evidence” hard evidence that proves he was “quilty” not just a teenager who wants mother F’ing attention. 

I doubt they'd arrest him without evidence. it takes a big man to insult a teenage girl on the internet. People like you are why so many victims never come forward. Also, it's guilty and not quilty. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TruthWins said:

There was a investigation done by Argyle ISD that went no where because it was all bullsh*t. And bringing up the Baylor crap is bs. Grow up and think about if a guy who is trying to get back to being a d1 coach because of something out of his control and he had to leave would do this to jeopardize his career then you are outright disgusting and stupid. 

Out of his control? He was suspended by the NCAA for his own actions. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

How was NT suppose to have any knowledge of this? The investigation didn’t start until March of 2020, 3 months after he was hired at NT. 

I would assume that most college coaches got through a semi-stringent review before they are hired.  Most contracts are completed using agents and their credibility is at stake if they don't do a full review.  

It is pretty obvious even to a simpleton like me that NT couldn't have know about the criminal complaint before it happened. It is entirely possible that due to the age of the victim that it was kept secret until a formal complaint. 

What is not obvious is what extent NT did their due diligence on this hire.  Did they talk to his former employers and get good reviews?

Maybe NT did and the coach turns out to entirely innocent.  However, it seems reading various reports that his actions were far from a deep secret at Argyle. 

4 hours ago, TruthWins said:

Y’all are absolutely gross, y’all do not know this man. Y’all take the word of 2 teenage girls who want attention. Pitiful, haven’t you seen too many careers and lives ruined to girls who want attention? 

Thanks for stopping by Mrs. Wallis!

Hey, have you heard Coach talk any about which QB is actually looking better in practice?  I’d hate for your only posts here to be name calling and such.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • RV 1
  • Downvote 2

Great....night before what will already be a weird season and the Mean Green fanbase is eating itself. 

I don't know what to expect tomorrow but I hope after months of craziness I'm pumped to watch NT football. I'm usually an insane eight year old on the night before Christmas on the eve of an UNT football season but right now I'm just UGH. Hopefully that changes when the ball gets kicked off tomorrow. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Not Tate. I have heard the exact story @TruthWinsis saying. This is nothing more than an anti Art Briles regime hit led by Brenda Tracy.  The truth will eventually come to light. 

if this was anyone else besides a member of Art Briles old staff this would have been over with when Argyle High School investigating came back with not a damn thing. 

This is embarrassing dude.  For real.

• Upvote 8
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 2

Seems we have those who believe that because he was associated with Briles he must be guilty. I guess guilt by association is more important than due process.

Another who says if there was an arrest he must be guilty. Glad to know there are no innocent people in jail after all.

Look, if he is guilty then I hope he is prosecuted to the full extent of the law. I am in know why advocating I hope he gets away with something; rather asking why the presumption of guilt until proven innocent?

I just wonder if those gathering the torches and gettin ready burn him at the stake have the same feeling all others who get arrested? I guess many are ok with justice being subjective and are for eliminating the premise of have to be proven guilty, instead believe you should have to prove your innocence. and, if you don't like the person they are still guilty even if not convicted.

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

50 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

So much for the plea deal @97and03!

Whatever the outcome, or his guilt or innocence he is most likely financially ruined.  More than one innocent person has lost everything from defending themselves. Guess he has friends who are willing to stand by him and not walk away from him.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 3

I agree the recruiting of small town girls to bury an assistant sounds far fetched but as far as why Tracy would want Tate Wallis more than Art Briles, you underestimate their history.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/sports/ncaa/anti-rape-activist-brenda-tracy-wants-baylor-to-cancel-season-after-t-shirt-sales/287-348786146

On 9/4/2020 at 5:37 PM, El Paso Eagle said:

Just wondering, if it was found out that you were not guilty (say someone had a problem with you and made up the charge), would you have a way to get retribution from your former employer? Sounds like where you work, and I am sure other places, that have a "fire first ask questions later" policy would be ripe for wrongful termination lawsuits. 

Maybe 20-30 years ago you would’ve had some form of recourse. In Texas, a right-to-work state, with the social media culture we have around this country today, an accusation is as good as a conviction of your employer deals in the public eye. I’m sorry that is the case but it is true in all but the rarest circumstances.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, TruthWins said:

Very inhuman

That’s fair to say but is it right for a FBS football program to have a very important staff position sit essentially vacant the day before the season begins (while trying to develop a new starting quarterback) and for that position to remain vacant indefinitely while the legal process plays out? This could drag out through the entire season or longer. 

One girl said he did it, got 1 other girl to say it happened. Without any freaking hard evidence you can’t ruin someone’s life nor career over the word of 2 teenage girls.... For them it’s all about attention. There was 0 evidence nor did anyone see it. Therefore it didn’t F’ing happen. You think a coach will touch a girl on the sidelines during a practice or game and have nobody F’ing see it? Are y’all nuts or delusional? And to reportedly do it over and over without anyone seeing it? No players, no coaches, no other head trainer saw it. So what Do you think really happened here folks.....

I was unaware that this information was made available publicly.

Edited by Cr1028

2 hours ago, meanrob said:

Great....night before what will already be a weird season and the Mean Green fanbase is eating itself. 

I don't know what to expect tomorrow but I hope after months of craziness I'm pumped to watch NT football. I'm usually an insane eight year old on the night before Christmas on the eve of an UNT football season but right now I'm just UGH. Hopefully that changes when the ball gets kicked off tomorrow. 

I haven’t been this disinterested in UNT football since 1997,  the year before I transferred to Denton

I used to feel like early September was like Christmas Eve as a kid.....even when we sucked. Which has been more often than not....

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 3

One girl said he did it, got 1 other girl to say it happened. Without any freaking hard evidence you can’t ruin someone’s life nor career over the word of 2 teenage girls.... For them it’s all about attention. There was 0 evidence nor did anyone see it. Therefore it didn’t F’ing happen. You think a coach will touch a girl on the sidelines during a practice or game and have nobody F’ing see it? Are y’all nuts or delusional? And to reportedly do it over and over without anyone seeing it? No players, no coaches, no other head trainer saw it. So what Do you think really happened here folks.....

Really?  Since when was the last time you just happened to hear what a girl said about you and whether or not it was true?  What evidence did they have against ya?  Come on now, you know you kinda enjoyed it right?  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

She clearly took that meeting so personally that she followed him for years until he landed at Argyle (for maximum publicity and “attention”). Then, she waited to strike until after he’d left and gotten a university job at headline grabbing UNT and stealthily recruited some high school girls to make up accusations against him for “attention”. Brenda Tracy is basically Heath Ledger’s Joker and Chrisoph Waltz’s Ernst Blofeld in one diabolical package. She is the author of all Tate Wallis’ pain. 

I was wondering if our resident conspiracy theorists were going to use his accosting of Brenda Tracy at Baylor as evidence that he’s NOT a creep. Talk about bad optics. 

For the record, I voted “no”, but really more a “not at this time.” I’m going off the assumption that the University has about the same amount of information we all do. If they get something damning, I’m sure they’ll cut ties. Until then, he’s on leave. 

• Upvote 6

47 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

That’s fair to say but is it right for a FBS football program to have a very important staff position sit essentially vacant the day before the season begins (while trying to develop a new starting quarterback) and for that position to remain vacant indefinitely while the legal process plays out? This could drag out through the entire season or longer. 

I was unaware that this information was made available publicly.

Word gets around in a small town of 4k 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

33 minutes ago, Monkeypox said:

She clearly took that meeting so personally that she followed him for years until he landed at Argyle (for maximum publicity and “attention”). Then, she waited to strike until after he’d left and gotten a university job at headline grabbing UNT and stealthily recruited some high school girls to make up accusations against him for “attention”. Brenda Tracy is basically Heath Ledger’s Joker and Chrisoph Waltz’s Ernst Blofeld in one diabolical package. She is the author of all Tate Wallis’ pain. 

I was wondering if our resident conspiracy theorists were going to use his accosting of Brenda Tracy at Baylor as evidence that he’s NOT a creep. Talk about bad optics. 

For the record, I voted “no”, but really more a “not at this time.” I’m going off the assumption that the University has about the same amount of information we all do. If they get something damning, I’m sure they’ll cut ties. Until then, he’s on leave. 

No need to fire an innocent man, too many people lose their careers and get their life’s ruined by this kind of stuff. Wait and see what the Evidence and final verdict say. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 6