Should Coach Wallis be let go?

Should Coach Wallis be let go?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should Coach Wallis be let go?

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

As much as I am a proponent of innocent until proven guilty, as a football team with fierce competition, we don’t have time to let the legal process play out. If he is found not guilty, I will feel bad for the man and wish him the best but we can’t sit around on the hopes that it would actually happen. We need to move forward now.

Again, not guilty is a legal ruling. Innocent people go to jail and guilty people run free. 
Plus this will end up as a plea deal...

• Upvote 6

This looks like a failure on the part of Littrell for hiring him, frankly whether he is innocent or guilty.  It is hard to believe that any kind of due diligence before hiring him would not have unearthed these allegations. 

NT has taken the only course of action they can at this point, suspension pending investigation. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 12

9 minutes ago, Marty said:

Yes. If I was arrested, my employer would fire me immediately. 

That is not true for all employers. Michael Morton’s employer, a grocery store,  allowed him to continue working, but people who entered the business would point out the man who “murdered his wife”. Sadly after almost a quarter century in prison he was declared innocent (not just “not guilty”). I highly suggest his book. In any event our justice system provides that all persons are presumed innocent and no person may be convicted of an offense unles each element is proven beyond a reasonable doubt. I think UNT made the right decision as to leave but I question the initial hiring decision. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, TruthWins said:

Y’all are absolutely gross, y’all do not know this man. Y’all take the word of 2 teenage girls who want attention. Pitiful, haven’t you seen too many careers and lives ruined to girls who want attention? 

There was a investigation done by Argyle ISD that went no where because it was all bullsh*t. And bringing up the Baylor crap is bs. Grow up and think about if a guy who is trying to get back to being a d1 coach because of something out of his control and he had to leave would do this to jeopardize his career then you are outright disgusting and stupid. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 7

19 minutes ago, TruthWins said:

Y’all are absolutely gross, y’all do not know this man. Y’all take the word of 2 teenage girls who want attention. Pitiful, haven’t you seen too many careers and lives ruined to girls who want attention? 

8 minutes ago, TruthWins said:

There was a investigation done by Argyle ISD that went no where because it was all bullsh*t. And bringing up the Baylor crap is bs. Grow up and think about if a guy who is trying to get back to being a d1 coach because of something out of his control and he had to leave would do this to jeopardize his career then you are outright disgusting and stupid. 

While I don't doubt there are people who lie and seduce to get attention, I do question the judgement of people who allow themselves to get tied up with people like this. 

At best Coach Wallis wasn't involved and should have recognized what was happening got in front of the accusations.  Doesn't sound like he did, which makes you question his judgement.

At worst it sounds like he was taking advantage of his position of power by being involved with TWO students.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

3 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

As much as I am a proponent of innocent until proven guilty, as a football team with fierce competition, we don’t have time to let the legal process play out. If he is found not guilty, I will feel bad for the man and wish him the best but we can’t sit around on the hopes that it would actually happen. We need to move forward now.

Very inhuman

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

While I don't doubt there are people who lie and seduce to get attention, I do question the judgement of people who allow themselves to get tied up with people like this. 

At best Coach Wallis wasn't involved and should have recognized what was happening got in front of the accusations.  Doesn't sound like he did, which makes you question his judgement.

At worst it sounds like he was taking advantage of his position of power by being involved with TWO students.

One girl said he did it, got 1 other girl to say it happened. Without any freaking hard evidence you can’t ruin someone’s life nor career over the word of 2 teenage girls.... For them it’s all about attention. There was 0 evidence nor did anyone see it. Therefore it didn’t F’ing happen. You think a coach will touch a girl on the sidelines during a practice or game and have nobody F’ing see it? Are y’all nuts or delusional? And to reportedly do it over and over without anyone seeing it? No players, no coaches, no other head trainer saw it. So what Do you think really happened here folks.....

• Upvote 5
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Marty said:

Yes. If I was arrested, my employer would fire me immediately. 

Just wondering, if it was found out that you were not guilty (say someone had a problem with you and made up the charge), would you have a way to get retribution from your former employer? Sounds like where you work, and I am sure other places, that have a "fire first ask questions later" policy would be ripe for wrongful termination lawsuits. 

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, TruthWins said:

One girl said he did it, got 1 other girl to say it happened. Without any freaking hard evidence you can’t ruin someone’s life nor career over the word of 2 teenage girls.... For them it’s all about attention. There was 0 evidence nor did anyone see it. Therefore it didn’t F’ing happen. You think a coach will touch a girl on the sidelines during a practice or game and have nobody F’ing see it? Are y’all nuts or delusional? And to reportedly do it over and over without anyone seeing it? No players, no coaches, no other head trainer saw it. So what Do you think really happened here folks.....

If you had a daughter that made such a claim, would you give pause and think "maybe my girl just wants attention?"

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, greenminer said:

If you had a daughter that made such a claim, would you give pause and think "maybe my girl just wants attention?"

Very valid. Could also ask what if that was your, father/brother that was being accused? Would you want them to get due process?

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I would ask what happened, when she said that it happened during practices and game i would say well how the hell has someone not seen this happen? Oh ok keep trying with more bs to make Wallis look bad. When he comes back after he wins in court.. And UNT starts scoring more and more and more then your whole narrative will Change and you will want him to stay. 

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1