Breaking (Updated follow-up with arrest affidavit information) -- Tate Wallis arrested

11 hours ago, 97and03 said:

He could want to stay as GA as I think it has perks related to grad school right? But I would guess that since he is coaching them anyway he might just do that full time now. 

Oh I didn’t mean he would be named qb coach. He would just take on the role as a GA. Much like Choice wasn’t technically our running backs coach his first year even though he was in practice.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Oh I didn’t mean he would be named qb coach. He would just take on the role as a GA. Much like Choice wasn’t technically our running backs coach his first year even though he was in practice.

Although now that I think of it, there are restrictions on which coaches are allowed to coach on the field. Hmmmm

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Well yeah, but I think what bowler was talking about was him being fired/let go no matter what.

Um. Having sex with a minor who is under your supervision and responsibility all while the wife and kids are sitting at home... Leads to automatic firing. Regardless of it being a lessor sex assault charge. 

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Um. Having sex with a minor who is under your supervision and responsibility all while the wife and kids are sitting at home... Leads to automatic firing. Regardless of it being a lessor sex assault charge. 

I agree.
REWIND: I had to go back and re-read.  For some reason I thought Wallis was already fired.

• Upvote 1

On 9/3/2020 at 11:26 PM, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Assuming he stays. I would think he does, because of Seth, considering people said Wallis was not that good of a coach. Apparently didn't really recruit well, and clearly didn't develop the QBs that good since we don't know the starter

Not having a starter this early can be a good thing and bad. Could be they are all doing really good and it’s a tough decision. #Aunne2020

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

People like you are the reason he will have a label on him even after he is found not guilty. Posting about things you have no idea about. If you just read the article you can see that there was no sex with a minor. Pitiful a$$ people

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 7

15 hours ago, meangreen11 said:

So do we know for a fact he is guilty?  I will say this, I have heard Argyle is like a soap opera these days with helicopter moms so it wouldn't surpise me if this was a false allegation.  That said the dude has one strike against him already so that makes it hard.

This guy gets it, no there is no incidence nor has he been found guilty. And after court he will he found not guilty. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

What has me confused is that the argyle statement speaks of students (plural). Maybe I am reading too much into this, but it has me thinking that this will likely not be a "he said/she said". 

I take it the AD is currently making sure they have all the docs ready to prove they did their due diligence as that is likely to get FOIAd.

I fear this will be getting used against Littrell on the recruiting trail.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 2

Hey - let’s hope coach Wallis is innocent - I have heard he is very smart and the players really like him - coach Littrell is an excellent coach and will do a good job at calling plays - Quinn has the players respect and will do well filling in for coach Wallis until he comes back - I think you guys will be surprised with our offensive line / we will be able to run and throw this year . I think this will be the best offensive line we have had in the past 4 years - defense will be sound and better - welcome to the 2020 season and hopefully a bowl game at end of year .
one more thing - I hope whoever is giving coach Tate a hard time that when he is acquitted of these charges you will personally apologize to this good man . 
Now let’s Go Mean Green 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

• Harry locked this topic