Breaking (Updated follow-up with arrest affidavit information) -- Tate Wallis arrested

12 hours ago, Brett Vito said:

Innocent until proven guilty. Hopefully the legal process gets the real facts. Often times these cases are mistakingly decided, and can be perpetually damaging to the accuser or the perpetrator. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

11 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Insane they didn't do any background check... shame

You've got to be kidding - what a naive statement. Of course UNT conducted a background check during the interview process, and I'd bet this was a more scrutinizing one (given the Baylor accusations of the past). 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Wow someone is mad at me! lol nearly 10 downvotes combined on my most recent  post!

Welcome to the Mean Green family. Long term fans are always  glass half full folks. The proper perspective is to acknowledge that at least 10 people took the time to read your post. Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

11 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

I said the big question is what knowledge did they have of the situation when he was hired. If it’s none, then it’s none. Not implying anything, just asking the question.

I think it is how you worded the first post:

Posted 12 hours ago

This isn’t something that caught the surprise of the people above him (i.e. Littrell and Wren) but the big question that looms is what was the knowledge on this when he was hired?

I read this to mean that you were stating Littrell and Baker were aware and were not surprised by this.
Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

So you admit you jump to conclusions without reading all the details. 

He "might" be guilty and if he is he deserves what comes his way. Seems like, at least at this point, there was more evidence against the Duke Lacrosse team and we see how that turned out. Seems curious how some people are willing to go the Guilty until proven innocent for some, and for others, be willing to let almost anything slide.

• Upvote 7
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I think it is how you worded the first post:

I read this to mean that you were stating Littrell and Baker were aware and were not surprised by this.

They were aware in the impending days leading up to the arrest, which is why I said it did not catch them by surprise when the arrest happened. But my question was how much knowledge on this case did they have/was available when they hired him. Emmitt answered it. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

He "might" be guilty and if he is he deserves what comes his way. Seems like, at least at this point, there was more evidence against the Duke Lacrosse team and we see how that turned out. Seems curious how some people are willing to go the Guilty until proven innocent for some, and for others, be willing to let almost anything slide.

opym-S8Ax9vSIgYco9Yez1gIVkcA8UegCLIvfLXH
I was wondering how long it would take for this to come up...      4 pages.  Pretty good y'all!

Got any more examples?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 2

26 minutes ago, Uncle said:

59424CD0-A530-4671-AE22-07FE8127A3CE.jpeg

So this has been investigated since this Spring.   Good. Wallis was already hired here by the time the allegations came out, so that should clear Littrell & Baker for the most part.   

Now, if Wallis kept this secret from Littrell & Baker up until recently, then it makes it even worse for his already bruised character.

If he let Littrell &/or Baker know at that time (Spring), and no actions were taken (putting him on administrative leave at that time) then it looks worse for Littrell &/or Baker.

• Upvote 4