Awesome new source for Mean Green gear

Unless I missed this in the store, there have never been more than 4 Mean Green shirts in the college section at Scheels in the Colony.  This looks like most of the stuff Rally House carries that is also online only.

Ultimately Scheels prices most of their stuff in the store like they have no idea Academy exists.  

Cool store, hope they figure out pricing so they don't turn into a showroom for everyone to buy elsewhere online.  The guns are cheaper than MSRP though.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Unless I missed this in the store, there have never been more than 4 Mean Green shirts in the college section at Scheels in the Colony.  This looks like most of the stuff Rally House carries that is also online only.

Ultimately Scheels prices most of their stuff in the store like they have no idea Academy exists.  

Cool store, hope they figure out pricing so they don't turn into a showroom for everyone to buy elsewhere online.  The guns are cheaper than MSRP though.

Agreed.

Went in the store for the first time this past weekend and found a couple generic shirts tucked away in the furthest back corner. Not surprised.

It's big and impressive but when you look at their actual selection it's not much better than most other sporting goods stores

Edited by MGNation92
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, greenminer said:

Just perused the photos available via Google Maps.  Would it be accurate to describe this place as a halfway-between Academy and Cabelas? It looks nice.

Pretty much. The entire bottom floor is your standard athletic gear/shoes with a pretty sizeable bike department as well.

The entire second floor is mostly hunting/camping/outdoors stuff. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, ScreamingEaglesFan said:

Just discovered Scheels in the Colony, they've got some great stuff!!

https://fanshop.scheels.com/ncaa/north-texas-mean-green/o-27+t-89542803+z-986379-414738618

Its all the same stuff that all the other generic sports apparel sites have:

https://www.fanatics.com/?query=university of north texas&_ref=p-HP:m-TYPEAHEAD:i-r-2c-0:po-2

https://www.fansedge.com/?query=university of north texas&_ref=p-HP:m-TYPEAHEAD:i-r-0c-0:po-0

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

This $35 stencil, for example?

https://fanshop.scheels.com/north-texas-mean-green/north-texas-mean-green-team-logo-multi-purpose-stencil/t-34760614+p-2510498494796+z-9-3985795147?_ref=p-TLP:m-GRID:i-r12c1:po-37

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Agreed - While I DO love Scheels, their in-person selection is pretty piss poor the 4-5 times I've been.  Their online selection basically feeds in from the Fanatics website, so if you go to Fanatics.com and search for NT gear there, you'll see the same stuff as on the Scheels site.  NT gear in person at Scheels maybe has 4 racks of actual apparel and I wouldn't even consider them full-size racks.  A few accessories to go along with it, but overall, nothing special.  Much better selection at pretty much any store in Denton that sells MG gear.  Rally House in Plano is the only other store in the north Texas area (that's not in Denton) with a somewhat decent MG selection at their store.  The RH Frisco nor the RG Galleria locations aren't great either.  When I'm trying to find some women's apparel, I usually just plan to make a trip up to the bookstore or wait to get into the main store at Apogee.  They also seem to have the most men's selection in general too in my opinion. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Jessica M Hall said:

Agreed - While I DO love Scheels, their in-person selection is pretty piss poor the 4-5 times I've been.  Their online selection basically feeds in from the Fanatics website, so if you go to Fanatics.com and search for NT gear there, you'll see the same stuff as on the Scheels site.  NT gear in person at Scheels maybe has 4 racks of actual apparel and I wouldn't even consider them full-size racks.  A few accessories to go along with it, but overall, nothing special.  Much better selection at pretty much any store in Denton that sells MG gear.  Rally House in Plano is the only other store in the north Texas area (that's not in Denton) with a somewhat decent MG selection at their store.  The RH Frisco nor the RG Galleria locations aren't great either.  When I'm trying to find some women's apparel, I usually just plan to make a trip up to the bookstore or wait to get into the main store at Apogee.  They also seem to have the most men's selection in general too in my opinion. 

It is literally powered by Fanatics.