North Texas vs Houston Baptist Prediction, Game Preview

meangreen11

North Texas vs Houston Baptist Broadcast

Date: Saturday, September 5

Game Time: 7:30 ET

Venue: Apogee Stadium, Denton, TX

Network: ESPN3

Why Houston Baptist Will Win

It’s a three-game season for the Huskies and their high-powered passing attack. QB Bailey Zappe and his receivers Ben Ratzlaff and Jerreth Sterns are all back – Sterns and Ratzlaff combined for almost 2,000 yards and 21 touchdowns – against a suspect Mean Green secondary.

North Texas was okay against the pass last year, but it didn’t do much of anything to take the ball away. The D as a whole struggled to get off the field, and now it’s about to get into a dangerous shootout.

read more:  https://collegefootballnews.com/2020/09/north-texas-vs-houston-baptist-prediction-game-preview

• Upvote 1
  • RV 1

20 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

That is why we play the game I guess,  they almost beat UTEP last year so we better be ready for some football.

That was UTEP's one win in the last two years...

If this game is within 5 TDs at the end, I'll be shocked. I suspect we win this one by a score of 69-14

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 2

https://freepicks.picksandparlays.net/more-free-picks/college-football-picks/houston-baptist-at-north-texas-9520-college-football-picks-and-predictions

Free NCAAF Pick:

North Texas will use its bigger offensive line and talented running backs to establish a running game against the FCS Houston Baptist Huskies and wear down the front four and linebackers as well as open passing lanes to attack downfield. On defense, the Mean Green linebacker duo of KD Davis and Tyreke Davis will prevent Houston Baptist from moving the ball on offense. Final Score Prediction, North Texas Mean Green win and cover ATS 37-7.

• Upvote 2

https://pickdawgz.com/cfb-picks/2020-09-05/houston-baptist-huskies-at-north-texas-mean-green-9-5-20-college-football-picks-and-prediction

The quarterback situation for North Texas is worrying, but Houston Baptist just doesn’t have the playmakers to keep this game close. Look for the Mean Green to attack a terrible Houston Baptist defense and that will lead to a win and a cover of the spread.

• Upvote 1

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/college-football-picks-predictions-week-1/1alsqqs3ptzxs1dii4yeek9c76

Houston Baptist at North Texas (No line)  

North Texas starts life without quarterback Mason Fine, but Houston Baptist offers a tune-up for the Mean Green before C-USA play.  

North Texas wins 41-14 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, meangreen11 said:

North Texas vs Houston Baptist Broadcast

Date: Saturday, September 5

Game Time: 7:30 ET

Venue: Apogee Stadium, Denton, TX

Network: ESPN3

Why Houston Baptist Will Win

It’s a three-game season for the Huskies and their high-powered passing attack. QB Bailey Zappe and his receivers Ben Ratzlaff and Jerreth Sterns are all back – Sterns and Ratzlaff combined for almost 2,000 yards and 21 touchdowns – against a suspect Mean Green secondary.

North Texas was okay against the pass last year, but it didn’t do much of anything to take the ball away. The D as a whole struggled to get off the field, and now it’s about to get into a dangerous shootout.

read more:  https://collegefootballnews.com/2020/09/north-texas-vs-houston-baptist-prediction-game-preview

Don't miss the important item above...game time is listed as EASTERN TIUME. Game kicks off at Apogee at 6:30PM Central time...just sayin.....

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm thinking this HBU QB and his receivers might shock a few folks here. He is likened to our very own Mason Fine in his ability to make things happen...and as Coach Littrell said on the Radio Show last night...he makes some throws that most QB's will not attempt.

Oh, yes, I do think UNT wins this one by a decent margin, but no runaway.  Still too many unknowns for UNT to feel like this would be a cake0-walk. 

I am going with UNT 31-HBU-17

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

The HBU offense is no joke, and that QB is very good (could probably compete for the job here lol)

I would love to see an ACU start, but don't give up 31 even if it's garbage time... I have a lot of trust in the playmakers right now!

Great, that means we have three starting QBs.   Said to start the post Fine area with qb who cant separate themselves from each other.