Coaches Show tonight

MeanGreen_MBA

46 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Damn!!! It felt good to be at the coaches show tonight. Closer to normal!!

GMG!!

Glad you could make it. Great having you with us! Way to go answering the trivia question too! 

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Marty said:

can you give a quick recap?

Never take for granted who you live doing!!

linebacker core is strong, d-line should be formidable, secondary is a mix of new and old players....very athletic though. DC spoke and talked philosophy. Not a complicated scheme, but fundamental. Looking to force turnovers

best O-line since Seth has been here. RB/WR groups are awesome. QB lead is still up in the air. Did mention KM is not top 2, but was the most improved player from a year ago....may be a wild card(my thought)

Seth want fans to get rowdy(raise hell) at the game. I left with a good feeling about a positive season

Seth is getting better at public speaking 

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

best O-line since Seth has been here. 

Most important nugget from your recap. Thanks!

Hope Seth’s assessment of the oline is accurate. If so, we’ll see the progress this season we’re hoping to see with this young team. Then next year and beyond, we’re going to be a problem for CUSA.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

linebacker core is strong, d-line should be formidable, secondary is a mix of new and old players....very athletic though. DC spoke and talked philosophy. Not a complicated scheme, but fundamental. Looking to force turnovers

best O-line since Seth has been here. RB/WR groups are awesome. QB lead is still up in the air. Did mention KM is not top 2, but was the most improved player from a year ago....may be a wild card(my thought)

Seth want fans to get rowdy(raise hell) at the game. I left with a good feeling about a positive season

I don't know how he could say this out loud (if he indeed said this) with a straight face.  In 2018, he had Elex, Mt. Murray, both Mose bros, & Mayfield.   Unless there is some SERIOUS surprising play from the youngsters, there's no way this OL is better than that one (or likely any of his others)... and that one wasn't even really great.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm bummed i missed the show. I searched online to see if there was going to be a coaches show, but couldn't find anything.

No mention on KNTU or meangreensports. Maybe i'm looking in the wrong places. 

Either way, i'm glad they're doing it again this year and hope to be at the next one! 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I don't know how he could say this out loud (if he indeed said this) with a straight face.  In 2018, he had Elex, Mt. Murray, both Mose bros, & Mayfield.   Unless there is some SERIOUS surprising play from the youngsters, there's no way this OL is better than that one (or likely any of his others)... and that one wasn't even really great.

If you really feel that way, why not come to the show and call him on it real time instead of on a forum that he will never read.  I believe him when he says things. Sure, he is a coach talking to fans, but he said other things in a face to face conversations that were not as optimistic. I respect the fact that he sees it as it is, and I think he tells it as he sees it. 

go to the show and speak up

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

If you really feel that way, why not come to the show and call him on it real time instead of on a forum that he will never read.  I believe him when he says things. Sure, he is a coach talking to fans, but he said other things in a face to face conversations that were not as optimistic. I respect the fact that he sees it as it is, and I think he tells it as he sees it. 

go to the show and speak up

Please.  What good would that do?   The coaches show is a big "Ra-ra" session.   That is most-certainly not a forum for challenging what he's saying.

Did he just volunteer that information?  Or did someone ask about the OL?    If someone asked... What the heck is he supposed to say there?  "Naw, we're struggling with these young guys out there..."  Of course he's going to build them up.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

I will be very rowdy from 208

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Please.  What good would that do?   The coaches show is a big "Ra-ra" session.   That is most-certainly not a forum for challenging what he's saying.

Did he just volunteer that information?  Or did someone ask about the OL?    If someone asked... What the heck is he supposed to say there?  "Naw, we're struggling with these young guys out there..."  Of course he's going to build them up.

The question was what are the challenges he sees with both O and D lines. I think Seth is pretty open about what he has in front of him. He is definitely not going to say it’s the worst line he has had, but it is a statement to saying is the best line he has had. That is not a necessary statement to make unless he believes it. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

The question was what are the challenges he sees with both O and D lines. I think Seth is pretty open about what he has in front of him. He is definitely not going to say it’s the worst line he has had, but it is a statement to saying is the best line he has had. That is not a necessary statement to make unless he believes it. 

Well, I certainly hope he's right.
The proof will be in the pudding.  We'll just have to wait and see.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

I know you have to wear face coverings to enter gate and walk around but are we allowed to lower our masks when we sit down? If not, there are going to be a lot of muffled yelling

Man, wearing that mask on the “student side” might be a tad warm for awhile too.

I am guessing folks will lower them when they get to their seats. Don’t know “official” policy on that, but who would be there to enforce it except some self-made “mask  policeman” sitting near you? 

One thing I did learn at the Radio Show last night is that the dept. is hoping to be able to ease up on some restrictions as the season goes along IF people play nice and follow the guidelines....which hopefully keeps the virus away from Apogee and it’s fans. So, the more folks that “play nice together in the sandbox” the better chance we have at seeing more fans, more tailgating, etc., etc. 

Also...no march in by the team and band we were told. Will “verify” that at HBU game, but seems appropriate. Why have players slap hands with random folks who may or may not have the virus? Lots of changes...no halftime or pregame band on field, no Cheer Team on field (the only CUSA team without its Cheer team on the field for games), etc. Let’s hope that by Saturday and the HBU game or at least by the SMU some of this changes for the better.

Fingers crosses! Play nice people. 

• Upvote 5
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 3

41 minutes ago, MeanGreenHoops said:

🤦‍♂️

Yeah!
Littrell was just saying he was hoping our fans could get rowdy for him.
I'm normally hoarse on Sundays after yelling on every defensive 3rd/4th down, but I don't know how that's gonna fly.  Yelling creates a ton more "droplets" (and sends them out further) than just regular talking...

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Yelling creates a ton more "droplets" (and sends them out further) than just regular talking...

With a mask it does not. That's science. 

Science also shows that when people catch it in a masked environment, the virus onset is way less. It leads to a more survivable transmission. 

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin
  • Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

With a mask it does not. That's science. 

Science also shows that when people catch it in a masked environment, the virus onset is way less. It leads to a more survivable transmission. 

Right.

Im saying it’s gonna be difficult for us to be loud/rowdy, like Littrell is asking us to, if we’re all wearing masks (as we should), since our yelling will be muffled.

And if I take my mask off to “get loud”, then I’m exposing myself more & possibly exposing others around me more since those droplets are traveling further from my face the louder I yell.

20 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

Man, wearing that mask on the “student side” might be a tad warm for awhile too.

I am guessing folks will lower them when they get to their seats. Don’t know “official” policy on that, but who would be there to enforce it except some self-made “mask  policeman” sitting near you? 

One thing I did learn at the Radio Show last night is that the dept. is hoping to be able to ease up on some restrictions as the season goes along IF people play nice and follow the guidelines....which hopefully keeps the virus away from Apogee and it’s fans. So, the more folks that “play nice together in the sandbox” the better chance we have at seeing more fans, more tailgating, etc., etc. 

Also...no march in by the team and band we were told. Will “verify” that at HBU game, but seems appropriate. Why have players slap hands with random folks who may or may not have the virus? Lots of changes...no halftime or pregame band on field, no Cheer Team on field (the only CUSA team without its Cheer team on the field for games), etc. Let’s hope that by Saturday and the HBU game or at least by the SMU some of this changes for the better.

Fingers crosses! Play nice people. 

The gameday experience this year will be different, and will have to be fluid. Fanbase needs to be patient as the staff and security will do the best they can with what they've been given, and who knows? It may change a little bit game by game. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

One thing to remember about Apogee..the way it's designed, it doesn't take a whole lot to make it loud due to the acoustics.

I'm not sure what that means with people wearing masks...but the design of that stadium will allow for it to be loud with fewer people.

If you're ever up there and the stadium is empty, go across the field from someone...you can hear them talking. Great acoustics there.

On 9/2/2020 at 8:10 AM, MeanGreenTexan said:

No offense to those guys, but I can’t remember a single oline being “good” since Littrell got here.  Maybe there were some individuals who were better on paper, but if this line plays better together I wouldn’t find that hard to believe.

• Upvote 2