"Limited Number" of tickets on sale for Saturday's game.

MeanGreenTexan

The capacity was lowered to 25% for the lower bowl, and 50% for club level.    We know some in the club level were forced to move down to the bowl with us peons, or just cancelled their tickets for this year.
Even after those were moved down, we still did not have enough season ticket holders to fill 25% capacity of the lower bowl!    Incredibly sad.    Hopefully, it's because many normal season ticket holders decided to push to next year due to COVID19.

Oh well,
If you're on here and not a season ticket holder, but want to go this weekend, buy tickets here:  https://meangreensports.com/news/2020/8/31/single-game-football-tickets-on-sale-9-1.aspx?fbclid=IwAR3xIXOGC1h1dzX3d9EwoyXh0xncUlCVfpgcFiyH4r_eUJ5nDaC8-5iXRxs

...before they sell out?

• Ray 1
  • RV 2
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

11 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

The capacity was lowered to 25% for the lower bowl, and 50% for club level.    We know some in the club level were forced to move down to the bowl with us peons, or just cancelled their tickets for this year.
Even after those were moved down, we still did not have enough season ticket holders to fill 25% capacity of the lower bowl!    Incredibly sad.    Hopefully, it's because many normal season ticket holders decided to push to next year due to COVID19.

Oh well,
If you're on here and not a season ticket holder, but want to go this weekend, buy tickets here:  https://meangreensports.com/news/2020/8/31/single-game-football-tickets-on-sale-9-1.aspx?fbclid=IwAR3xIXOGC1h1dzX3d9EwoyXh0xncUlCVfpgcFiyH4r_eUJ5nDaC8-5iXRxs

...before they sell out?

It's either there aren't enough season ticket holders or less than 3000 students wanted to go or both.  Either way it's depressing. 

• Haha 1
  • RV 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

We know some in the club level were forced to move down to the bowl with us peons, or just cancelled their tickets for this year.

Per the below email text from 5 days ago from the MGSF none of us ended up getting moved down:

We sent a previous communication regarding the potential of having to move some of our dedicated club seat holders to ensure social distancing. Fortunately, we were able to accommodate all HUB Club season ticket holders and still accomplish our safety procedures and guidelines.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Per the below email text from 5 days ago from the MGSF none of us ended up getting moved down:

We sent a previous communication regarding the potential of having to move some of our dedicated club seat holders to ensure social distancing. Fortunately, we were able to accommodate all HUB Club season ticket holders and still accomplish our safety procedures and guidelines.

OK. I've seen that level way fuller than 50% in the past, so I hope it's because several people pushed their tickets to next season, and not just outright dropped.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

OK. I've seen that level way fuller than 50% in the past, so I hope it's because several people pushed their tickets to next season, and not just outright dropped.

There is not a huge incentive to drop unless you are divorcing UNT. You have to pay a seat license for every seat and that winds up being a big chunk of money. So the whole sunk cost thing is hard to get over ... so people tend to just keep renewing because they don't want  to come to grips with 'losing' the seat license money. 

I think most likely the population up on the hub club level is filled with grey hair and some walkers - so they have moved their tickets  out a year. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

There is not a huge incentive to drop unless you are divorcing UNT. You have to pay a seat license for every seat and that winds up being a big chunk of money. So the whole sunk cost thing is hard to get over ... so people tend to just keep renewing because they don't want  to come to grips with 'losing' the seat license money. 

I think most likely the population up on the hub club level is filled with grey hair and some walkers - so they have moved their tickets  out a year. 

Hmmmmm...believe you had Hub Club tickets...so, you know that statement is a pile of hooey...Hub Club will be at 50% capacity with bowl at 25% capacity...so, doubt the "grey hairs and some walkers" are an issue...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

20 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Hmmmmm...believe you had Hub Club tickets...so, you know that statement is a pile of hooey...Hub Club will be at 50% capacity with bowl at 25% capacity...so, doubt the "grey hairs and some walkers" are an issue...

Try to follow along. 

He said he knows there are more than 50% who already have tickets. He HOPES that it means people have pushed their tickets out and NOT that they dropped support all together. 

Piece it together with what I said about how most likely it is people pushing it out (responsibly) and not dropping.  I never said the grey hairs (or blue hairs, if you prefer) are an 'issue.'   

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 5

15 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Try to follow along. 

He said he knows there are more than 50% who already have tickets. He HOPES that it means people have pushed their tickets out and NOT that they dropped support all together. 

Piece it together with what I said about how most likely it is people pushing it out (responsibly) and not dropping.  I never said the grey hairs (or blue hairs, if you prefer) are an 'issue.'   

Now..try to follow along..I said the people you are disrespecting are not. Simple enough for ya this time? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 1
  • RV 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 3

10 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Now..try to follow along..I said the people you are disrespecting are not. Simple enough for ya this time? 

Kram,
I've turned around and looked up there before to see the HUB Club at about 75-80% full, even when not playing big names.  Since the capacity up there is capped at 50% now, and communications came down that no one had to move down to the lower bowl... where are the other 25-30% of the Hub Club folks this year?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

..are not what? I assume you mean pushing their tickets to the next year? Your sentence fragment is hard to follow.

I guess you are an insider and know that people who are at a higher risk for COVID complications are not avoiding large public gatherings as the CDC is recommending. Brilliant. Thanks for that insight. My reasonable assumption stands corrected by your insider infor. It must be the younger and not AS at risk population that has decided to forego their tickets to the next year. 

I didn't know that "grey hair and walkers" is a disrespectful term. Guess it hit close to home. For that, I sarcastically apologize.

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 3

43 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

..are not what? I assume you mean pushing their tickets to the next year? Your sentence fragment is hard to follow.

I guess you are an insider and know that people who are at a higher risk for COVID complications are not avoiding large public gatherings as the CDC is recommending. Brilliant. Thanks for that insight. My reasonable assumption stands corrected by your insider infor. It must be the younger and not AS at risk population that has decided to forego their tickets to the next year. 

I didn't know that "grey hair and walkers" is a disrespectful term. Guess it hit close to home. For that, I sarcastically apologize.

You are trying way too hard. Simple..Bowl has 25% capacity...Hub Club and suites 50%. Hub Club and suites not the issue...and, if you were actually paying attention,  you would have read the reports that largest segment of the population catching and spreading COVID 19 now are those in their 20’s, 30’s and 40’s. I realize it’s hard for you, so I have tried to pare it down here in real simple terms for you. 

Nice try at crawling your way out of the disrespect to certain folks, but no one is buying it. 

And, for some comment or slur to hurt you, one must actually respect the person making the slur. So....no problem for me at all. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 4

53 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Kram,
I've turned around and looked up there before to see the HUB Club at about 75-80% full, even when not playing big names.  Since the capacity up there is capped at 50% now, and communications came down that no one had to move down to the lower bowl... where are the other 25-30% of the Hub Club folks this year?

You can’t see inside, by “turning around and looking up”. Unfortunately, a portion of the Hub Club folks rarely come out To their seats. Too busy being social, enjoying the bar or watching the game on TV along with their other “favorite” team. It is something that really “gets me” about the Hub Club folks, but, they have paid the donation and bought the tickets. They get to do as they wish. The Hub Club, at last report, was virtually sold out. Can’t say that about the bowl. So, once more, Hub Club is not the issue.

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 3

If he looks up and sees the seats on the club level at 75%, but you say it is even MORE full that that and is effectively sold out... but the AD is saying that no one had to move... where do those people go? He stated that he hoped they didn't just stop buying tickets. I really don't get your confusion. 

I said nothing about people catching or spread COVID, if you are paying attention. I said most at risk if they get COVID. It is the age group with grey hair. They are most at risk of catching from the young people spreading it ... It is not rocket surgery. 

• Eye Roll 1