Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

DRC: Aune, Bean to be listed as co-starters, per source


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gotta stink when your last name begins with a "B" and you still lose in alphabetical order. 

Portland Traumatic Stress Disorder?

Also, our starting QB taking a knee instead of picking the snap up off the ground when the closest guy was being blocked 5 yards away was the icing on top imo. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, meangreen11 said:

We get it you don't like Bean and never have lol

lol I just don't like game breaking turnovers lol.

From everything I've seen, he's gonna turn the ball over more lol.

If he has a great season and limits turnovers I'll be happy lol.

Just show me on the field lol

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

lol I just don't like game breaking turnovers lol.

From everything I've seen, he's gonna turn the ball over more lol.

If he has a great season and limits turnovers I'll be happy lol.

Just show me on the field lol

 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a saying in sports that "if you have two starters, you have no starter"...or something like that.  I think the coaches need to do their jobs, as hard as it might be right now, and name a starter. Now, that being said, using the HBU game as a final tune-up/test/competition for the actual starting role is perhaps a very good idea. This way the coaches, who did not get a spring or a full fall set of practices in to fully evaluate these guys, do get a "game experience" look at both. And, hey, so do the fans. But, this better be 100% settled before the SMU game.

  • Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

lol I just don't like game breaking turnovers lol.

From everything I've seen, he's gonna turn the ball over more lol.

If he has a great season and limits turnovers I'll be happy lol.

Just show me on the field lol

 

Which stat line would you take?

251/390 (64.4%)      2896yds      16TDs/13INTs
OR
257/414 (62.1%)      3088yds      29TDs/9INTs

 

...

 

 

...

 


If , you took the first stat line, you got the QB of the GREATEST TEAM IN NT HISTORY (as voted by fans), Derek Thompson in 2013.

If you took the second stat line, you got Mason Fine's 4-win stats from last year.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Which stat line would you take?

251/390 (64.4%)      2896yds      16TDs/13INTs
OR
257/414 (62.1%)      3088yds      29TDs/9INTs

 

...

 

 

...

 


If , you took the first stat line, you got the QB of the GREATEST TEAM IN NT HISTORY (as voted by fans), Derek Thompson in 2013.

If you took the second stat line, you got Mason Fine's 4-win stats from last year.

Thompson also threw a game ending interception that cost us the game against UTSA and the west title(yes I know it was cold and miserable. I was there). He also had a much better defense around him, as well as a better O-Line/running game.

Do we really want that kind of TD:INT rate with a questionable defense and a questionable OL?

Mason Fine did just about all he could to win games, the rest of the team, however, did not. This team is closer to last year's team than it is 2013. 

I just want to win. If Bean throws 30 interceptions but we win 9 games I'll be ecstatic. History shows us that's almost never the case.

  • Upvote 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KRAM1 said:

There is a saying in sports that "if you have two starters, you have no starter"...or something like that.  I think the coaches need to do their jobs, as hard as it might be right now, and name a starter. Now, that being said, using the HBU game as a final tune-up/test/competition for the actual starting role is perhaps a very good idea. This way the coaches, who did not get a spring or a full fall set of practices in to fully evaluate these guys, do get a "game experience" look at both. And, hey, so do the fans. But, this better be 100% settled before the SMU game.

As much as I want to agree with this, it just seems like we're looking past HBU...  and I'm still a little gun-shy on doing that to any FCS school.   PTSD I guess.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

As much as I want to agree with this, it just seems like we're looking past HBU...  and I'm still a little gun-shy on doing that to any FCS school.   PTSD I guess.

We lose to HBU and my prediction goes to 3-8 and no bowl even with the lack of teams to fill bowl slots this season. You heard it hear first...the Mean Green does not lose to HBU. Period. End of story. Book it Danno!

Aside: Damn I hope HBU isn't Portland State!

  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Thompson also threw a game ending interception that cost us the game against UTSA and the west title(yes I know it was cold and miserable. I was there). He also had a much better defense around him, as well as a better O-Line/running game.

Do we really want that kind of TD:INT rate with a questionable defense and a questionable OL?

Mason Fine did just about all he could to win games, the rest of the team, however, did not. This team is closer to last year's team than it is 2013. 

I just want to win. If Bean throws 30 interceptions but we win 9 games I'll be ecstatic. History shows us that's almost never the case.

All of that is true.   I'm just saying the mediocre stats DT put up that season *EDIT: ...in comparison to Mason's gaudy stats...* were enough to get that team to "Greatest of All Time" status.  If Bean throws for 16TDs and 13INTs, and we can still win 8 regular season games... I'm fine with that.  It likely means Siggers, Adaway, & Co. went apes*** on the ground, and the defense did enough to win.

Just don't expect Mason Fine numbers trying to keep us in games.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Which stat line would you take?

251/390 (64.4%)      2896yds      16TDs/13INTs
OR
257/414 (62.1%)      3088yds      29TDs/9INTs

 

I don't understand the question.  The second set of numbers is the correct answer.  Why would anyone choose the first set?

  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

1. Thompson also threw a game ending interception that cost us the game against UTSA and the west title(yes I know it was cold and miserable. I was there). He also had a much better defense around him, as well as a better O-Line/running game.

2. Do we really want that kind of TD:INT rate with a questionable defense and a questionable OL?

3. Mason Fine did just about all he could to win games, the rest of the team, however, did not. 

1.Mason has some pretty bad mistakes himself in high pressure situations. FAU certainly had his number. It happens to even the best qbs. Look at many NFL hall of famers and you can pick out particular passes or games.

2. Do we have a questionable OL and defense because of the players or because of the system? Did DT have questionable receivers compared to what we have now? Did having fewer receivers on the field limit his options and force double coverage on some of his best receivers? Would you make the same case agains Andrew Smith and Scott Hall? The offensive philosophy has significance in making a defense look worse because of the number of plays run against them. Look at all the hot shot D coordinators that look mediocre once they come to the big 12. And some of Mason’s stats were possibly relevant to a Heisman chase. We all know damn well a Dan McCarney coached football team would not allow its starting quarterback to throw 7 touchdowns unless every single running back broke his legs.

3. I hope this is a slight at last year’s team and not DT because if you believe he didn’t do absolutely everything he could to win games you were living on another planet in 2013 and on Jan 1, 2014.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.