DRC: Aune, Bean to be listed as co-starters, per source

Brett Vito

**feel free to file this under "kneejerk overeaction" come the end of the year (maybe end of the week)**

Picking who will go under center first by alphabetical order may be the dumbest thing I've ever heard of at North Texas and that's not a short list. Under a coach who is supposed to be an offensive mind, if you can't either coach one of these guys up to be the starter or one of them doesn't take the job (nevermind that that scenario alone is not confidence-inducing) THAN AT LEAST PICK ONE!!!

I never thought I'd think this much less say this but I'm worried that GH was the actual brains for the offense (along with Mason) and SL can't run the offense. Not sure how we have brought in a plethora of QBs and we are using ALPHABETICAL ORDER to choose a starter. 

Prediction- the D is better than we thought and the O isn't. 

4-7

Overreaction complete 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, TheTastyGreek said:

If we're more worried about mind games with Houston Baptist than we are setting the foundation for this season, that tells me enough to know my expectations for the year should probably be very, very low. 

If we had a starter, we'd have a starter. Right now, we don't. And we don't. 

I'm confident this will work out at least as well as it has every other time we've taken the same approach under any coach we've had in the past 20 years. 

I agree that we don’t have a starter but I think in this case it is ok and that we shouldn’t name one until Friday before SMUt. No reason to. Let SMUt also prepare for two styles. They will have game tape on both and will be able to see the difference (assuming their is one). Or have Bean run like crazy against HBU and then come out gun slinging against the Phonies. Whatevers.
Doesn’t bother me at all at this point to not be locked in. Honestly I don’t much care if they do before conference play. I mean, we all mostly assumed a 1-3 (well now 1-2) start anyway so let’s figure out who the real starter is with trial by fire. The 2014 example shows the best practice qb may not be the best game qb anyway. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, meanrob said:

I never thought I'd think this much less say this but I'm worried that GH was the actual brains for the offense (along with Mason) and SL can't run the offense. Not sure how we have brought in a plethora of QBs and we are using ALPHABETICAL ORDER to choose a starter. 

And y'all think my hot takes are bad.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Eye Roll 1

Geez...when Harrell was here people were bitchin about his second half let downs. 

So with no Spring practice, no QB separating themselves from the others in fall practice some are wanting Seth to name a starting QB against a FCS team that should be a warm up to the rest of the season.....hummmmm.

• Upvote 2